Windows 10: Help regarding Dual Boot - Windows 8.1 installation after Windows 10

Discus and support Help regarding Dual Boot - Windows 8.1 installation after Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 in my laptop presently. I want to install Windows 8/8.1 and have both of them as dual boot. Is it possible to install the older... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Akhyll, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Akhyll Win User

Help regarding Dual Boot - Windows 8.1 installation after Windows 10

I have Windows 10 in my laptop presently. I want to install Windows 8/8.1 and have both of them as dual boot.
    Is it possible to install the older Windows 8/8.1 when I already have W10 and have both of them as a dual boot, without losing files?

I have searched before posting here, but unable to find a proper tutorial for this scenario.
    Your help is appreciated. Let me know if any info is needed.

:)

Akhyll, Nov 27, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Drone Win User

Windows 8 Clubhouse

You mean dual boot? Do you have 7 and want to add 8 or visa versa? Either way it works. Nothing special about it just a few easy steps. Partition -> Windows installation -> reboot.

Here other sources just in case:

How to Dual Boot Windows 8 and Windows 7

PCMAG

PCWorld

DigitalTrends

You can go to win + r -> msconfig -> ok -> and there choose boot tab and look what OS is there and also you can check in win + r -> diskmgmt.msc -> ok -> and look in partitions

Drone, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Help regarding Dual Boot - Windows 8.1 installation after Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Help regarding Dual

2. How to install Windows 10 after Linux in Dual boot?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to install Windows 10 after Linux in Dual boot?: I have been following all these steps https://itsfoss.com/install-windows-after-ubuntu-dual-boot/But for some when I try to boot the windows installation this appear on the screenI can give more details, but I have followed all the steps in the link above and I have been...
  3. Regarding dual boot with Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regarding dual boot with Windows 10 Pro: I had installed Windows 10 Pro on my starting disk space of ssd and additionally I installed Kali Linux 2020.4 at the end of my ssd 's space.Now when i start my system it doesnot ask for the required OS to boot and boots into Windows 10. I wanted to boot to my Kali Linux....
  4. Windows 8/10 dual boot problems with booting to the secondary system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 8/10 dual boot problems with booting to the secondary system: Hi, I installed Windows 10 beside of existing Windows 8.1 installation as secondary OS to second physical drive. When booting to Win 8, everything works fine but when booting Windows 10, I get the error screen shown below. The weir on it is that everything is at it's place...
  5. Windows 10 will not boot after Windows 7 Dual-boot Installation.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not boot after Windows 7 Dual-boot Installation.: I recently installed Windows 7 alongside Windows 10 for better support for older games, however Windows 10 will now no longer boot, it simply goes to a black screen with a circle of spinning dots with occasional disk activity. I have left it like this for at least 3 hours...
  6. Dual boot 8 and 10, will both be licensed?

Dual boot 8 and 10, will both be licensed?: I installed W10 onto my daughters laptop, but rolled back to W8. Is it possible, now that there is a license for each, to partition and do a clean install of 10 creating a dual boot? and will both be licensed? Thank you. 99619
  7. Need help to PROPERLY install dual boot: Windows 10 & Windows 10

Need help to PROPERLY install dual boot: Windows 10 & Windows 10: @essenbe and @strick: Perhaps you might remember that you helped me do this once before. I want to keep my current Windows 10 (which is faulty) and do a clean install (as you previously advised). There was something to do with the boot manager that you helped me correct. When...
  8. Anyone done a dual boot setup of Windows 8 and 10?

Anyone done a dual boot setup of Windows 8 and 10?: Hi I'm getting there, I've downloaded the .ISO file, I've made 2 images of my C:\ drive (using 2 different backup programs) and I've created a 100 GB partition on my second hard drive labeled Windows 10. Now I'm going to create the install DVD. I'm hoping that...
  9. Help to Install Windows 7, dual boot with Windows 10

Help to Install Windows 7, dual boot with Windows 10: Currently I'm running Windows 10 fall creators update Pro-64 bit. For some unavoidable reason I need to install Windows 7 Ultimate alongside Windows 10 (dual boot). But whenever I'm trying to install windows 7 it's saying "Your computer is already running newer version of...
  10. Dual Boot Windows 10 with Windows 7 or Windows 8

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Dual Boot Windows 10 with Windows 7 or Windows 8: How to: Dual Boot Windows 10 with Windows 7 or Windows 8 How to Dual Boot Windows 10 with Windows 7 or Windows 8 [img] Information Windows 10 is here. This tutorial will show you step by step on how to dual-boot Windows 10 with Windows 7 or Windows 8....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dualboot windows 8 after windows 10

2. mbr error after creating dual boot drive windows 8.1