Windows 10: Help regarding hard drive....

Discus and support Help regarding hard drive.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my laptop went through hardrive test before booting into windows and it took it's own time I didn't worry about it and carried on...... It still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FlconX, Aug 11, 2020.

1. /u/FlconX Win User

Help regarding hard drive....

So my laptop went through hardrive test before booting into windows and it took it's own time I didn't worry about it and carried on...... It still works fine TBH. So to clear my suspicion I did a diagnostic test it spit out some code and told me to check in HP website, which I did and it told me to replace hard drive entirely. Which in this time I'm not willing to do.... So is there any short hand method to overcome this? I was planning on formatting the drive completely but I don't want to lose my files and I don't have data or time to download a ISO image.... Is there any way to do the above thing with existing windows...? Pls help

submitted by /u/FlconX
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FlconX, Aug 11, 2020

2. Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Help regarding hard drive.... - Similar Threads - Help regarding hard

2. Regarding a hard drive problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding a hard drive problem: Hi!!I have a hp pavilion p214dx. It's about 6 years old now and I haven't changed any hardware of the laptop. Now I hear a small clicking noise when i keep my ear close to it. so I downloaded crystal disk info and here wt it shows. Please explain to me wt it shows. I will be...
  3. Regarding a hard drive problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regarding a hard drive problem: Hi!!I have a hp pavilion p214dx. It's about 6 years old now and I haven't changed any hardware of the laptop. Now I hear a small clicking noise when i keep my ear close to it. so I downloaded crystal disk info and here wt it shows. Please explain to me wt it shows. I will be...
  4. Regarding a hard drive problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. hard drive help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive help: hi guys I have a question on ssd and a m.2 drive, I just upgraded to a 1TB black edition NVME WD M.2 ,i upgraded from a samsung 500 ssd along with a 245 gig ssd. the 500 gig and 245 gig both are not connected at this time.i want to add them as additional storage,both had an...
  6. Help with external hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with external hard drive: So my PC was running out of storage, so i got an external hard-drive. The problem is, now, I want to play a game stored to it, but it's an old model, and takes up a lot of space. How can I quickly move windows store games from my hard drive to my PC and vice versa. Thank you!...
  7. Regarding External hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Regarding External hard drive: Hello everyone, May you all help me with one thing? My external hard drive normally worked as usual. However, it stopped showing in my computer since many days ago even though I try to plug it in every port and even try to initialize it. Yet it still does not work. All your...
  8. Regarding Hard Disc Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regarding Hard Disc Drive Partition: Hi Team, I just bought this Lenovo 330 i3 7th Gen laptop, which comes with pre-installed genuine windows 10 and doesn't come with a DVD Drive. so when I opened the laptop and chose all the languages and things I saw that in my "This PC" option there was already a "C drive"...
  9. Regarding to lock my hard drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Regarding to lock my hard drive: I have licensed windows 10 home OS. How can I lock my hard drives ? My laptop does not have bitlocker software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/regarding-to-lock-my-hard-drive/cff8e274-acaf-4262-892c-a8764bbad280"
  10. Question regarding external hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Question regarding external hard drive: hi there, I have an 500 gigs external HDD connected to my desktop. Is it ok to temporarily remove it to my laptop? I am worried about the label. Will it get different label on the laptop than on the desktop and is that something to worry about. In other words, will the...