Windows 10: Help regarding language switch keybind

Discus and support Help regarding language switch keybind in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, Some time ago windows automatically opened a prompt where i could set up key combos to switch to specific keyboard languages. Without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/trebuchet1234, May 2, 2020.

1. Help regarding language switch keybind

Hello,

Some time ago windows automatically opened a prompt where i could set up key combos to switch to specific keyboard languages. Without realising, I bound a combo I use in-game a lot and now i can't as it is bound in windows.

I cannot find that prompt again to unbind it, any tips?

submitted by /u/trebuchet1234
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/trebuchet1234, May 2, 2020
  2. avi12641 Win User

Prevent language from automatically being changed

• Since Keyla has stopped working.
    • Two.
    • When I test if the language stays after switching between programs - I switch to a different program, then switch the language, then switch to the previous program.
    The steps you suggested didn't work, as I don't want to remove any of the languages.

avi12641, May 2, 2020
  3. Issue while switching between languages

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that it can be frustrating when the features don’t work the way they are supposed to. For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Have you installed Hebrew keyboard layout under English language?
    2. What happens when you try to switch the language using Windows and spacebar key together?

I suggest you to try uninstalling and re-installing the Hebrew language and see if that helps.

1. Go to Settings > Time & Language >
      Region & Language.
    2. Click on Hebrew
      and Click on Remove.

After removing the language pack, refer the article to Add
    and switch input and display language preferences in Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 2, 2020
  4. SamuelLV Win User

Help regarding language switch keybind

Problem with switching languages

Hello Katie,

I would suggest you follow troubleshooting steps: remove the other languages installed on your PC except for English and install these languages again:

Press Windows + I

Tap on Time & Language

Tap on Region & language

Select English which you will find under Windows display language the dropdown list

When you are under preferred languages, ensure that English is at the top. In case you cannot find English on top, click on the English language and then click on the up arrow to move up the language.

Remove the other languages installed on the PC.

After that refer to Add an input language which you will find in the article

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402767...

SamuelLV, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Help regarding language switch keybind

1. Help regarding language switch keybind - Similar Threads - Help regarding language

2. Switch Keyboard Languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch Keyboard Languages: Hi all,Had this issue in the past, now again with Windows 11 even when Windows 11 is fresh installed. My old thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-languages/64a40c2c-73a6-420e-a0df-33062d2b31ce4 Languages are shown in the Keyboard Languages...
  3. Switch Keyboard Languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch Keyboard Languages: Hi all,Had this issue in the past, now again with Windows 11 even when Windows 11 is fresh installed. My old thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-languages/64a40c2c-73a6-420e-a0df-33062d2b31ce4 Languages are shown in the Keyboard Languages...
  4. Cant switch input modes for Japanese keyboard, the keybind won't switch either.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant switch input modes for Japanese keyboard, the keybind won't switch either.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/madmads01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k2zw4v/cant_switch_input_modes_for_japanese_keyboard_the/
  5. Using a Keybind to switch from Hiragana to Katakana.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using a Keybind to switch from Hiragana to Katakana.: I've been using the Japanese Ime for around two years with no issues, Last night there was an update my computer installed and now I can no longer switch from hiragana input to katakana input by hitting Alt+Capslock, What changed, how can I revert this?...
  6. Switch Languages

Switch Languages: Hi all, In my Windows settings, have 2 languages installed. But 4 languages are shown, don't know why. In the Registry HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\Preload have also 4 languages. Deleting the two wrong languages there, does not help. Thanks for any advice. Cheers...
  7. Language switching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Language switching: Hi, I'm using Windows since version 3.0. Now with the ending of Windows 7 support I'll be forced to upgrade to Windows 10 and here comes the problem. Since at least Windows 3.11 switching languages in Windows was working almost flawlessly. Now, with Windows 10 this is...
  8. Switching keyboards/languages

Switching keyboards/languages: I have only one language and two layouts of keyboard defined in Windows 10. But in panel when switching there are 4 possibilities! WHY? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-keyboardslanguages/ab4a9a40-1fc3-4580-b082-29ffc83b3b44
  9. Problem with switching languages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with switching languages: After the last Windows update in December, I cannot switch the languages on the keyboard. This issue occurs each time after the update. But the last update is getting me mad because I cannot switch languages at all!...
  10. switch language

switch language: i 've changed the language to russian by mistake _ setting >>region and time >>language >> add language _ so all the system language switched to russian i tried to switch back to english but nothing happened tried to add language_any english version_ but nothing added...