Windows 10: Help regarding system partitions

Discus and support Help regarding system partitions in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i earlier wanted to migrate my os to another ssd but then decided to do a clean install and format the old, now i did but it seems the system and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dhruvbzw, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Help regarding system partitions

So i earlier wanted to migrate my os to another ssd but then decided to do a clean install and format the old, now i did but it seems the system and recovery partitions are still in the older ssd and every time i boot it still asks me too choose between 2 different window volumes, what should i do now? Erase my previous ssd disk? I suspect that would not let me boot, so should i transfer my previous boot and recovery partitions to new ssd by shrinking it a bit?

I really wanted to do a fresh install to avoid all this but oh well ig

submitted by /u/dhruvbzw
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dhruvbzw, Mar 2, 2021

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Help regarding system partitions partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Mar 2, 2021
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Help regarding system partitions

Resize Windows 10 System Partition

Hi Adrain,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Run Disk Management. Open Run Command (Windows button +R) a dialog box will open and type "diskmgmt.msc".
    • In the Disk Management screen, just right-click on the partition that you want to shrink, and select “Extend Volume” from the menu
    • Locate your system partition — that’s probably the C: partition. Right-click on it and select “Shrink Volume.” If you have multiple partitions on your hard drive, you could also choose to resize a different partition to free up space.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

Help regarding system partitions

1. Help regarding system partitions - Similar Threads - Help regarding system

2. Issue regarding the Disk Partitioning.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue regarding the Disk Partitioning.: unable to extend the disk space even after formatting and deleting the empty disk to create/extend the disk space for Local Disk C: can someone suggest a solution..!?...
  3. Issue regarding the Disk Partitioning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue regarding the Disk Partitioning.: unable to extend the disk space even after formatting and deleting the empty disk to create/extend the disk space for Local Disk C: can someone suggest a solution..!?...
  4. regarding recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regarding recovery partition: how to create windows recovery partition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-recovery-partition/a9452104-8172-4faf-8497-26354e1cd7eb
  5. regarding recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    regarding recovery partition: how to create windows recovery partition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-recovery-partition/a9452104-8172-4faf-8497-26354e1cd7eb
  6. Regarding System Reserved Partition, partition size, etc while doing clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regarding System Reserved Partition, partition size, etc while doing clean install: Hi, I have HP ENVY 15-k203TX Notebook PC and it came with preinstalled Windows 8.1 64-bit OS, then upgraded to Windows10. At present, planning to do clean install and install "Windows 10 October 2020 Update" . My total single Hard disk capacity is 1TB. At present it has one...
  7. Need help regarding cloning/partition/transfer to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help regarding cloning/partition/transfer to a new SSD: Hello guys. tomorrow, I'll be adding a new SSD to my laptop (SSD to the main disk drive and the old HDD to the optical(CD) drive, comment if anything is wrong over here) anyways, I am wondering about whether or not to make partition beforehand with only and only windows OS...
  8. No System Reserved Partition help?

in Windows 10 Support
    No System Reserved Partition help?: disk management isn't showing system reserved partition but there is 500mb unallocated space only. [img] 148775
  9. Regarding Disk partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Regarding Disk partition: Hi all, I am trying to Partition my disk in my desktop , i have 2 partitions in my Disk-0 (C-drive and D-drive), i have successfully shrinked my D-drive from disk management and it has created a unallocated space of 20 GB When i am trying to create a New partition with...
  10. Regarding Windows Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Regarding Windows Recovery Partition: Hi guys, as you all know there is a bug in window system image backup restore which is made using windows's inbuilt backup utility. But somehow i managed to restore my SIB using a method mentioned in Microsoft community but that method works only to restore the C: drive from...