Windows 10: Help, reinstall windows 10 erased ALL of my partitions

Discus and support Help, reinstall windows 10 erased ALL of my partitions in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, After using my PC for 3 years I wanted a fresh install. I used the system recovery function of windows 10. I allowed windows to delete my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by berty89, Feb 8, 2020.

1. berty89 Win User

Help, reinstall windows 10 erased ALL of my partitions

Hello,

After using my PC for 3 years I wanted a fresh install.

I used the system recovery function of windows 10. I allowed windows to delete my files, thinking it would only erase all my files on my C partition, the SSD drive for windows. After the reinstall I found out that my other two disks/3 partitions also were erased. Luckily, a lot is in the cloud, but still still I am now missing a great history of files.

I tried some recovery software but until now nothing is found. Only like 9MB in total, recovery files etc, everything from the new fresh partition windows made during the installation.

What is the best option for me at this moment?

:)

berty89, Feb 8, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Feb 8, 2020
  3. happy Win User
    How to completely erase partition space?

so after i finish the install. i erase the windows media partition live meaning erasing it like erasing a folder?

i did delete all the partition before the clean install. dell kept a partition in the hdd if people needed to restore their computer.

happy, Feb 8, 2020
  4. happy Win User

How to completely erase partition space?

hi,
    so i just reinstalled winxp hoping to erase all of dell's bullcrap software. however it seems tha windows media center os is still in a partitioned space. every time i boot the computer i get the option of which os to boot.
    my question is how do i erase windows media center? i tried to erase it in the bios but it seems impossible.
    thx.

happy, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Help, reinstall windows 10 erased ALL of my partitions - Similar Threads - Help reinstall erased

2. Will reinstalling windows 10 erase my data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will reinstalling windows 10 erase my data?: I have an Optane HDD. Upon booting my laptop I get the notification to please install an operating system. It was running fine on window 10 now nothing. I made a bootable windows 10 USB drive using the Media Creation Tool and when booting from the USB drive it wants to...
  3. Will reinstalling windows 10 erase my data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will reinstalling windows 10 erase my data?: I have an Optane HDD. Upon booting my laptop I get the notification to please install an operating system. It was running fine on window 10 now nothing. I made a bootable windows 10 USB drive using the Media Creation Tool and when booting from the USB drive it wants to...
  4. Will reinstalling windows 10 erase my data?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. All my partitions appear empty while reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my partitions appear empty while reinstalling windows: Hi all,I was wiping my windows 10 to install windows 8.1 don't ask me why, my laptop is too old for windows 10 and as I said the final goodbye to Win 10 and restarted into the bootable media, and spammed the f12 key, the menu didn't appear. Windows 10 began to load. So I...
  6. All my partitions appear empty while reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All my partitions appear empty while reinstalling windows: Hi all,I was wiping my windows 10 to install windows 8.1 don't ask me why, my laptop is too old for windows 10 and as I said the final goodbye to Win 10 and restarted into the bootable media, and spammed the f12 key, the menu didn't appear. Windows 10 began to load. So I...
  7. Reinstalling windows 10, help with partitions

Reinstalling windows 10, help with partitions: So I'm reinstalling Windows 10 but don't know which partitions I should delete or format. My windows is installed on an ssd and i have a hard disk for other things. I assume that drive 0 partition 1 system reserved ignore the cyrillic is where my windows is right now but...
  8. Reinstalling Windows 10: How to be sure all malware is erased?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling Windows 10: How to be sure all malware is erased?: I had a trojan on my PC which has been removed (or at least scans no longer show it). To be safe, I want to reinstall windows from a USB, and I want to be sure all malware is erased. Will it be enough to just delete the drive partitions when the menu comes up after booting...
  9. help with partitions when reinstalling windows

help with partitions when reinstalling windows: Hello- I am currently attempting to upgrade my windows 10 pro x32 to a windows 10 pro x64 via usb, and I have got to the partitions screen and I have absolutely no idea as to what to do. I have three partitions- Drive 0 Partition 1 System Reserved total space 100.0MB free...
  10. Please help i erase all disk partitions!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help i erase all disk partitions!!!: Please help i was trying to install w10 on a laptop but the HDd didnt let me. So i decided to use Diskpart to erase the gpt format on the especific partition but instead i erase all the partitions on the disk!!!. Is there any way to Fix it.??? I need to recover all the data...