Windows 10: Help removing family account thats not mine

Discus and support Help removing family account thats not mine in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Long story short, I have my friends Microsoft account stuck on my PC after trying to play for him in a video game. Any time I try to open chrome, it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mmcgruder54, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Help removing family account thats not mine

Long story short, I have my friends Microsoft account stuck on my PC after trying to play for him in a video game. Any time I try to open chrome, it asks me to "email an adult" and I can't remove the account because my friends account is set as a child account. Is there any way I can remove this?

:)

mmcgruder54, Dec 8, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 8, 2018
  3. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Help removing family account thats not mine

Microsoft Account Family Settings: There is an account in my family I didn't create

Hi Andie,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

As per the above information, I suggest that you refer to the steps below and check if you are bale to remove the unknown account.

• Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family with your Microsoft account on any PC or device
    • Click/tap on Remove under Adults in
      Your family
    • Click/tap on the adult account you want to remove, and click/tap on Remove
    • You (adult) and all other adults in family will now get an email confirming the adult has been removed from the family

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Help removing family account thats not mine

1. Help removing family account thats not mine - Similar Threads - Help removing family

2. Microsoft account unknown email added and mine removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account unknown email added and mine removed: As of February 16 my secondary Microsoft account associated with the gmail *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was accessed by presumably a hacker and my email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was removed, and in place of it he added his, *** Email...
  3. Microsoft account unknown email added and mine removed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account unknown email added and mine removed: As of February 16 my secondary Microsoft account associated with the gmail *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was accessed by presumably a hacker and my email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was removed, and in place of it he added his, *** Email...
  4. Microsoft account unknown email added and mine removed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Family Accounts not mine

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Accounts not mine: Hello, I recently built a gaming PC and installed windows 10 pro. I went to the family and other users menu in the settings. I noticed two accounts on there that are no way linked to me at all. I am having trouble using google chrome because of the parental settings. One of...
  6. PLEASE HELP!! Removing screen time from Family Account

PLEASE HELP!! Removing screen time from Family Account: I am super frustrated and about to throw the laptop out the window and go buy Apple instead. I am just about done with Microsoft. I initially set-up my daughter's laptop Dell Inspiron 14-5000 2-in-1 Touchscreen Laptop i3 with screen time, but would now like to remove it. On...
  7. account that's not mine

account that's not mine: there is or was 2 accounts on my laptop and they are not my i WANT THEM OFF MY LAPTOP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-thats-not-mine/b5ab0a69-60d6-40af-9e31-bc475cfdc204"
  8. Computer administrator, xbox, family accounts and mine

Computer administrator, xbox, family accounts and mine: How many different accounts can a person have? 1. the administrator account on my computer, some how has my name and my son's email account tied to it - I'd like to change it 2. my son uses my email to log on to his xbox 3. somehow, I got to this community page and it...
  9. How to remove an account that isn't mine?

How to remove an account that isn't mine?: So... my ex used to use my laptop for university from time to time. Her uni provides Office 365 on up to 5 computers. She signed in to her Microsoft account and downloaded some of the apps she was using that I wasn't. Now that we've split Windows keeps notifying me that I...
  10. Removing Microsoft Family Account

Removing Microsoft Family Account: I cant get access to any of my kids in the Family Account feature. There is only the ability to 'add members' not remove. A moderator in response to another suggested the following fix. "We appreciate your response. To further troubleshoot your concern with Microsoft...