Windows 10: Help removing upright tile corners when splitting curved landscape

Discus and support Help removing upright tile corners when splitting curved landscape in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Microsoft 3D builder, I am splitting and separating a curved landscape, but get weird looking upright tile corners grey/brown. Any idea on how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jensde Bruijn, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Help removing upright tile corners when splitting curved landscape

In Microsoft 3D builder, I am splitting and separating a curved landscape, but get weird looking upright tile corners grey/brown. Any idea on how to remove them?

Help removing upright tile corners when splitting curved landscape 3597fd23-200b-4402-9681-39cbc3cc75f5?upload=true.jpg

:)

Jensde Bruijn, Mar 20, 2020
  2. tiwahu Win User

How can I remove the tile from Kid's Corner for an app that no longer exists?

I updated to the 8.1 Preview for Developers. There was an app pinned to Kid's Corner that is no longer available. It shows up as a disabled tile with an exclamation mark in the upper-right corner of the tile in Kid's Corner.

Tapping the app in Kid's Corner does nothing. I can move the disabled tile around within Kid's Corner, but cannot remove it.

The app no longer exists in the phone's primary application list, so I can't remove it from there either. The app does not show up in the checkbox list of apps for Kid's Corner, so I cannot uncheck it from that list. Also, making changes to the Kid's Corner
    app list and resaving the "approved apps" with a different set of apps doesn't make the disabled tile go away.

Anybody got any ideas? I'm tempted to do another hard-reset and restore from backup. I did one shortly after the 8.1 update was released. That might be how I got into this strange condition in the first place, if something wants to replicate the issue.

tiwahu, Mar 20, 2020
  3. tiwahu Win User
    How can I remove the tile from Kid's Corner for an app that no longer exists?

Yep. I am a developer. I noticed it testing apps. I saw a recent blog post about the fascinating SSR (start screen restore) process that puts an exclamation mark in the corner of a tile for apps that no longer exist (or something like that). It probably
    did that in my case, too, after doing a restore.

On the "main" start screen, I was easily able to remove the synced tile, just as I would unpin any other tile. The problem with the tiles in Kid's Corner is that "kids" can't unpin tiles and the parental-approved Kid's Corner app list settings page provides
    no way to remove a tile for an app that no longer exists.

I somewhat expected to be able to go into the Kid's Corner app list settings and simply tap the confirmation button to update the parental-approved apps to only those selected (which would remove the stale tile). No luck. Even going through and unchecking
    every app in Kid's Corner didn't remove it.

Yes, another hard reset might "fix" this, but doing a hard reset is also what caused
    this problem. Silly to have to do two hard resets. I figured I'd pass along the information for the developers and testers working hard on this mostly cool product.

If I was going to fix it, I'd probably just ensure the current Kid's Corner tiles have matching approved settings, and remove the ones that don't (e.g., especially tiles for apps that are no longer available), when the user confirms Kid's Corner settings.
    Hope that makes sense. I'm sure there are some other logic nuances, but that's how I expected it to work.

tiwahu, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Help removing upright tile corners when splitting curved landscape

Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Help removing upright tile corners when splitting curved landscape

1. Help removing upright tile corners when splitting curved landscape - Similar Threads - Help removing upright

2. Curved Edges

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Curved Edges: Is there any way to give floating windows curved edges? submitted by /u/ana-oop-sksksk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kth5mz/curved_edges/
  3. Fan Curve

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fan Curve: Hello, so I have a Ryzen 3600 with a wraith prism, I was wondering what the recommended fan curve was, I dont know whats right... If anyone can help me please wright down the fan speed% then the temp in Celsius. Thanks!...
  4. curved corners

in Windows 10 Customization
    curved corners: will windows 10 windows ever get curved corners? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/curved-corners/ebeeec07-edfb-40d2-8ff6-d55d143bc16c
  5. asus curved monitor

asus curved monitor: I'm using a curved Asus monitor as the only screen for my Surface. Is there a way to have office products to only open in half the screen? So I don't have to continually re-size Word, excel, PPT etc. Thanks,...
  6. Will Windows Live Tiles be removed?

Will Windows Live Tiles be removed?: I really like Live Tiles and I use them regularly and I already have a new design for them. I am worried that they will be removed soon. Will they be removed, and can I send my design in in any way? * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  7. Windows 10 two small curved arrows in lower left corner of desktop icons?

Windows 10 two small curved arrows in lower left corner of desktop icons?: Most (not all) of desktop icons now have two small curved arrows in the lower left corner, although most shortcut icons still have a single arrow there. These new arrows popped up for .jpg, .pdf, Word and Excel files on the desktop. What happened and why? [ATTACH]...
  8. Removing sharp corners

Removing sharp corners: Has anybody come up with a way to get back to rounded corners on windows ( la Windows 7 and earlier) in Windows 10? They may be appropriate for tiling on a phone's display, but I think the square corners look really unattractive on a large monitor. An is there any way to...
  9. How to remove these tiles?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove these tiles?: How to remove them? also i cant drag apps *Sad [img] and how to fix this? [img] testing the 14997 build. x64 73781
  10. Start Menu (Remove Tiles)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu (Remove Tiles): Hey all, I beta tested Windows 10 several months back, previous to the version I tested, if you removed all the pined tiles from the start menu, it would look more like the conventional start menu. However in the few version I tested, even if you unpinned all the tiles,...