Windows 10: Help repairig windows 10 on a different disk then the running OS

Discus and support Help repairig windows 10 on a different disk then the running OS in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically I have cloned the OS partition to another drive intending to use that drive for OS purposes and the current for games. But there seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GayTaco_, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Help repairig windows 10 on a different disk then the running OS

Basically I have cloned the OS partition to another drive intending to use that drive for OS purposes and the current for games.

But there seems to have gone something wrong, the clone won't boot into windows. How do I use the windows 10 install fix option on a different drive then I am currently running windows from?

Any help will be much appreciated

submitted by /u/GayTaco_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GayTaco_, Aug 7, 2020

2. Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown Help repairig windows 10 on a different disk then the running OS :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile Help repairig windows 10 on a different disk then the running OS :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Aug 7, 2020
  3. TRWOV Win User
    HDD in BIOS, not in OS

Read carefully. I wrote windows key + r > diskmgmt.msc, that brings up the disk management interface. Try it.

Besides he stated in his first post that he had already gone to disk management just that he called it "virtual disk manager" so I wasn't sure if he was referring to the same thing. That's why I suggested the aforementioned command.

TRWOV, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Help repairig windows 10 on a different disk then the running OS

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Help repairig windows 10 on a different disk then the running OS

1. Help repairig windows 10 on a different disk then the running OS - Similar Threads - Help repairig different

2. Disk running at 100. Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk running at 100. Please help!: I've had this problem - on and off - for ages but it seems to be becoming pretty much constant. Please help! My laptop will become sluggish to the point where doing anything opening a browser etc becomes almost impossible. I check in Task Manager and disk is running at 100....
  3. Get a recovery disk or software on a different OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get a recovery disk or software on a different OS: I have a HP Envy Desktop. Product Number: T4A37AA#ABA Model: 750-267c Serial number: MXX6280LMW A few months after purchase from Costco, the Windows OS crashed & wouldn't load. I installed Linux on it for day to day use. I now need to install the original or updated Windows...
  4. Get a recovery disk or software on a different OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get a recovery disk or software on a different OS: I have a HP Envy Desktop. Product Number: T4A37AA#ABA Model: 750-267c Serial number: MXX6280LMW A few months after purchase from Costco, the Windows OS crashed & wouldn't load. I installed Linux on it for day to day use. I now need to install the original or updated Windows...
  5. Get a recovery disk or software on a different OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Three separate Windows 10 deaths on different disks. Help :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Three separate Windows 10 deaths on different disks. Help :(: Hey there, wondering if anyone can shed any light on this. I've only been a Windows 10 user on my own PC since February this year when I bought a new PC with a Windows 10 SSD. After a few weeks I was watching a youtube video one day and my PC just froze out of nowhere, the...
  7. Switching To Different Windows OS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Switching To Different Windows OS: Hello, My friends helped me build a gaming pc earlier this year, and we used a cheap product key off eBay to activate Windows. After doing some research, I decided this may not be the most legal way to use Windows, although it says it's a genuine key. So I want to...
  8. OS Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OS Disk: How can I get an original OS CD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/os-disk/98fdcf64-6833-4444-b2e0-25815aecc568
  9. Multiple different OS on removable disks on a computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple different OS on removable disks on a computer: I have just installed Win 10 Pro 64 bits onto a removable disk which slides into a sata caddy on a new machine. I understand that in some way Microsoft knows that the OS has been used and will not allow the key to used on another machine. I don't know if this is recorded...
  10. Run as different user in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Run as different user in Windows 10: How to: Run as different user in Windows 10 How to 'Run as different user' in Windows 10 [img] Information Run as different user allows a user to run .bat, .cmd, .exe, .msc, and .msi files with different permissions than the user's current logon provides. Run as...