Windows 10: Help Request: The Windows 10 message box font is outputting 2 sizes

Discus and support Help Request: The Windows 10 message box font is outputting 2 sizes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When setting the message box to Tahoma 8pt, it outputs one size smaller (7pt) in some Windows programs (Sandboxie, Textpad, etc.) except for my web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BlackSwordsman, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Help Request: The Windows 10 message box font is outputting 2 sizes

When setting the message box to Tahoma 8pt, it outputs one size smaller (7pt) in some Windows programs (Sandboxie, Textpad, etc.) except for my web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, etc.), which all output 8pt correctly. When setting the message box to Tahoma 9pt, however, Windows finally decides to display it at 8pt (again, one size smaller), but once again correctly outputs to 9pt in my web browsers. What's wrong with 9pt? It's bulgy in appearance and a bit too large for multi-tabbing. 8pt is what I've used as far back as I can remember. It even worked flawlessly in Windows 10 until the past year or so.

It worked correctly with:

Windows 95 > Windows 98 > Windows 2000 > Windows XP > Windows 7 > Windows 10 1507 > Windows 10 1607

Possibly Windows 3.11 as well, but I really don't remember that far back.

Any ideas? I'm at wits end and really don't want to downgrade back to 1607.

Notes:

• This is not a DPI scaling issue. Adjusting that setting away from 100% or using any of the DPI compatibility modes doesn't correct the behavior.
    • Font sizes changed via WinAero, Advanced System Font Changer, and by hand via Windows registry.
    • No issues reported by DISM or SFC system scans.
    • Multiple video/monitor drivers have been tested, including those that worked well with 1607.

:)

BlackSwordsman, Mar 10, 2019

2. Decreasing font size in Internet Explorer address box (Windows 10)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to Internet Explorer?
    I would suggest you to try the steps as below and check.

Step 1:

Press Windows key + X and click Control Panel

Click Fonts and then click Font Settings, click
    Restore default font settings and click OK

Step 2:

Press Windows key + X and click Control Panel

Click Fonts and then click Change font size

Under Change only text size, select an option from drop-down menu and select the text size, click
    Apply

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Mar 10, 2019
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Help Request: The Windows 10 message box font is outputting 2 sizes

can't adjust font size...

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query on this forum.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Type fonts on the search bar and select it.

• Click on change font size from the left pane.

• Make changes according.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Help Request: The Windows 10 message box font is outputting 2 sizes

1. Help Request: The Windows 10 message box font is outputting 2 sizes - Similar Threads - Help Request message

2. Dialog box font sizes too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dialog box font sizes too small: I just installed Windows 11. I've been able to adjust most of my font sizes. But, I'm having trouble with dialog boxes Device manager, etc. The font is too small. Can I adjust these font sizes? Thank you ahead....
  3. Dialog box font sizes too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dialog box font sizes too small: I just installed Windows 11. I've been able to adjust most of my font sizes. But, I'm having trouble with dialog boxes Device manager, etc. The font is too small. Can I adjust these font sizes? Thank you ahead....
  4. Font and dialog box size is too large and not scalable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font and dialog box size is too large and not scalable.: Some of my application and .msi packages have random scaling of fonts and hence i am unable to use that particular app.I have checked my graphic driver, display setting, scaling setting and font and font size setting, seems all are correct and still no luck with the...
  5. Font and dialog box size is too large and not scalable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font and dialog box size is too large and not scalable.: Some of my application and .msi packages have random scaling of fonts and hence i am unable to use that particular app.I have checked my graphic driver, display setting, scaling setting and font and font size setting, seems all are correct and still no luck with the...
  6. Font and dialog box size is too large and not scalable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How to increase font size of menu text, icon text, message boxes, etc.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to increase font size of menu text, icon text, message boxes, etc.: My present W10 version is 1909. When Windows first eliminated a user's ability to specify font size of icons, menu text, tool tips etc. there were some registry hacks available (in TenForums amongst other places) that did the trick... but those scripts don't work in the...
  8. Font and Font Size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font and Font Size: I'm in the process of setting up my new laptop and have font questions. How do I change the font to my personal preference and how do I change the size as well? The current one is much too small. I located changing from 100% to 125%, which is problematic and does not...
  9. Font size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font size in Windows 10: I am relatively new to computers, especially Windows 10, so please excuse my computer ignorance, but I find the font sizes are far too small. Can anyone explain how I can increase the size pleas....
  10. Change Message Boxes Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Message Boxes Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Message Boxes Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size for Message Boxes in Windows 10 A message box is a predefined dialog box that displays application-related information to the user. Message boxes are also used to request information from the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. message box font windows 10