Windows 10: Help requested after recent update.

Discus and support Help requested after recent update. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After months of failed updates i was finally able to update yesterday. Unfortunatly now i cannot click on the Windows icon although i can see it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Matthew Parkinson, Feb 16, 2024.

1. Help requested after recent update.

After months of failed updates i was finally able to update yesterday. Unfortunatly now i cannot click on the Windows icon although i can see it and cannot open any settings or system properties.Unable to access any features or have the ability to roll back the update.Unable to click on the Windows icon/ start bar. Keyboard icons also dont work.If i click on dislay settings i get the message ms-settings:display"This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an asscoiation in the Default Apps Settings

:)

Matthew Parkinson, Feb 16, 2024

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Feb 16, 2024
  3. EdTittel Win User
    a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 16, 2024
  4. wolf Win User

Help requested after recent update.

True core and memory clock on my GFX...what should I trust?

i have the list of nvidia core and shader steppings if you like, it shows the requested clockspeed versus the effective clockspeed.

Thema:

Help requested after recent update.

1. Help requested after recent update. - Similar Threads - Help requested recent

2. Help requested after recent update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help requested after recent update.: After months of failed updates i was finally able to update yesterday. Unfortunatly now i cannot click on the Windows icon although i can see it and cannot open any settings or system properties.Unable to access any features or have the ability to roll back the update.Unable...
  3. Help requested after recent update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help requested after recent update.: After months of failed updates i was finally able to update yesterday. Unfortunatly now i cannot click on the Windows icon although i can see it and cannot open any settings or system properties.Unable to access any features or have the ability to roll back the update.Unable...
  4. Requesting For Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Requesting For Help: Sir, I Had a windows 7 Then I upgraded to Windows 8.1 But by mistake I Formatted windows 7 now I am on windows 8.1 How I can get my Windows 7 Product Key BackIF YOU HAVE ANY SOLUTION TO GET PRODUCT KEY BACK PLEASE INFORM ME...
  5. Requesting For Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Requesting For Help: Sir, I Had a windows 7 Then I upgraded to Windows 8.1 But by mistake I Formatted windows 7 now I am on windows 8.1 How I can get my Windows 7 Product Key BackIF YOU HAVE ANY SOLUTION TO GET PRODUCT KEY BACK PLEASE INFORM ME...
  6. Help requested controlling Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help requested controlling Updates: [Win 7 Pro x64 > Win 10 upgrade: 30 Sep.] Im trying to get control of Updates which seems to be quite a challenge in Win 10. Despite delaying Updates theyre still occurring. [img] All of the above Updates were discovered via: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security...
  7. Password request after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Password request after update: Good day all, I am having an issuse logging into my laptop. 2 days ago the system had an update, I allowed the process toco plate and the next day tried to use it and I am prompt to sign in never happened before because it is an open system there is no bar to enter a...
  8. VMware uninstalled after recent update help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VMware uninstalled after recent update help: I just updated VMware as it was asking me to update it and after the first installation and reboot I check the box with the terms and conditions and during the final stage a error popped up saying “HLChost not downloaded” or something similar (sorry didn’t pay much attention)...
  9. No audio after recent update, please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No audio after recent update, please help!: This morning I was prompted by windows to update. After the update was complete I had no audio. I ran a scan of my audio devices, no issues were detected. I checked for driver updates, I have the latest version. I uninstalled and reinstalled the audio device drivers, still no...
  10. Help cant bridge connection after recent windows 10 recent update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help cant bridge connection after recent windows 10 recent update: it saids is ethernet unidentified network? no internet access sharing option is off. i try restarting the pc*Sad it use to work fine until the update bridging network cable any help appreciate it i trying to bridge network from eithernet 2 to Ethernet i...