Windows 10: Help required for Live Mail 2012

Discus and support Help required for Live Mail 2012 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've just exported my Contacts as a CSV file from one computer to another, both Windows 10 & running Live Mail 2012. On the original PC, the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gwladok5, Mar 5, 2016.

1. gwladok5 Win User

Help required for Live Mail 2012

I've just exported my Contacts as a CSV file from one computer to another, both Windows 10 & running Live Mail 2012.

On the original PC, the contacts page shows columns containing name, email, mobile, home phone, notes which is great.

After the transfer, my laptop only shows name, email, mobile phone.

I can't find anywhere to add further columns

Can anyone help?

Thanks

:)

gwladok5, Mar 5, 2016
  2. Jmarco0921, Mar 5, 2016
  3. Martmcd Win User
    wow can I get copy of windows live2012

Windows live mail 2012 was part of windows essentials 2012.

Windows Essentials 2012 suite reached end of support on January 10, 2017.

It is no longer available for download.

in addition Windows Live Mail 2012 does not support the new APIs required to provide full synchronisation with Outlook.com

Martmcd, Mar 5, 2016
  4. gwladok5 Win User

Added - having just deleted some unwanted contacts, all but 2 have now disappeared. The question now is what to use instead of Windows Live Mail!!!

gwladok5, Mar 5, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Until you find a client you want to use(I use Mozzilla Thunderbird in Ubuntu, was using the default apps on 10, until I got Office with Outlook 2016, although I still have them on my start menu because of the live tiles and notifications) the default apps are adequate for day to day basic usage. The People app will also have your contacts, if you sync'd Live Mail. Also there is the online version: Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email

Cliff S, Mar 5, 2016
  6. gwladok5 Win User
    Hi Cliff S, my contacts are no where to be found. Strangely, they have also disappeared from the laptop where I copied them. Does this sound like a Server issue somewhere?

gwladok5, Mar 5, 2016
  7. Phone Man Win User
    During Export and Import did you check all the fields you wanted?

Help required for Live Mail 2012 [​IMG]

Jim *Nerd

Phone Man, Mar 5, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

Have you been singed in with your Microsoft account so it can sync all Mail oriented stuff(Mail, Contacts & Calendar)?
    I haven't used Live Mail for over a year and a half now(on Windows 7 laptop). But I do remember It would sync if I reinstalled Live Masil or even Win7 clean install and never had to Export/Import anything. I just let it sync.

Edit: After adding my different Email accounts of course.

Cliff S, Mar 5, 2016
  9. gwladok5 Win User
    I'm sorry but you've lost me!! All I did was copy the contacts CSV to my laptop. When the contacts suddenly disappeared from my PC, I logged back in to my laptop and they were gone from there as well. Are you saying there is some other place where my contacts are also located?

gwladok5, Mar 5, 2016
  10. Cliff S New Member
    If you go to the link I posted above, and sign-in with your Microsoft account they should be there. If you use Gmail you need to go there too: Google Contacts

This way you can see if they are still on the servers. Then you should be able to re-sync your client.

Cliff S, Mar 5, 2016
  11. gwladok5 Win User
    The Google a/c only has some entries only with phone no. The yahoo a/c has nothing at all. They have simply disappeared off the face of the earth. Can you confirm the location of the Windows Live Mail Contacts folder on Windows 10? I have a systems backup and will try to copy the nescessary folders over. Thanks for your help; I still suspect a bug somewhere; maybe I will wake up tomorrow to find the whole world is screaming!!

gwladok5, Mar 5, 2016
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Sorry I can't*Sad
    I was hoping your online accounts were unaffected, and it was just a problem with the desktop client.

Cliff S, Mar 6, 2016
  13. gwladok5 Win User

Interestingly, logged on to Live Mail this morning & a number of contacts have reappeared. They are all over the place, duplicated but at least its something to work on. Now I do smell a rat!!

gwladok5, Mar 6, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    Weird.
    I have been using WLM since it's introduction.
    I have no issues at all and I am still using it ( WLM 2012) in Win 10 Home and Win 10 Pro.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Help required for Live Mail 2012 - Similar Threads - Help required Live

2. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Mail 2012: I would appreciated any assistance regarding my Windows Live Mail issue. I can receive and delete any message. I can't send, reply or foreward any email. I get the screen msg: A Problem occurred to open this msg plus A problem occurred Please try again...
  3. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Mail 2012: I would appreciated any assistance regarding my Windows Live Mail issue. I can receive and delete any message. I can't send, reply or foreward any email. I get the screen msg: A Problem occurred to open this msg plus A problem occurred Please try again...
  4. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail 2012: Hello, We use Windows Live Mail, but since yesterday we cannot send any mails anymore. The mails we receive have following error message : The message cannot be displayed Windows Live Mail has detected an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check that...
  5. windows live mail 2012

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows live mail 2012: had login screen come up and put in password.said ok screen come right back. had to call spectrum reset password now cannot receive my emails. beanner61 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-2012/829e29db-dfac-4df8-8a10-11bbe2edc146
  6. Windows Live mail 2012

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live mail 2012: I use live mail 2012 and was aware of the end of support. 2 days ago I find my access to my emails has been blocked by error0x800C013E. Not able to send or receive and not able to open any of my email folders. No idea how to resolve. Can someone help?...
  7. Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Live Mail 2012: since windows 10 updates send link greyed out try as I may I can not resolve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/live-mail-2012/47c464e1-f0b6-4024-8b75-a054bc6181cf
  8. windows live mail 2012

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail 2012: Hi I have just installed windows 10 upgrade and everything is fine but my email. I use WLM 2012 for work with my work signature on it and it wont work properly. It seems to give this error message when i try and send " the message cannot be sent an error has occured"....
  9. windows live mail 2012

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail 2012: I am a newbe to this forum. I just bought an I Pad and I am trying to have my emails transfer into it from my Windows Live mail 2012. I know it is no longer support by Micro Soft. The I Pad set up is asking me questions I can't answer. Can anyone help me please? 92086
  10. Windows Live Mail 2012 requires an update to keep using it

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Live Mail 2012 requires an update to keep using it: The Microsoft Essentials pack, consisting of Photo Gallery, Movie Maker, Live Writer (which is now available as an open source project) and Live Mail, has been in a state of limbo for quite a while now. The latest major update for the pack dates back to 2012 and still uses...