Windows 10: Help required restoring folders from a Backup

Discus and support Help required restoring folders from a Backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi! Can anyone tell me the name of the folder where my Live Mail contacts are stored? I've lost them & I'm hoping to restore them from a Backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by gwladok5, Mar 6, 2016.

1. gwladok5 Win User

Help required restoring folders from a Backup

Hi!

Can anyone tell me the name of the folder where my Live Mail contacts are stored?

I've lost them & I'm hoping to restore them from a Backup Image file

Thanks

:)

gwladok5, Mar 6, 2016

2. Having trouble restoring from a windows 10 backup to a new computer

Hello Joseph, the only way I found to restore my files from file history was to open it directly from my backup drive and drill down through the folders to the actual backups and then copy and paste all of my required folders to my computers Documents
    folder. The only downside of this, apart from the extra time required, is that all of the copied files have an addition to their file name which contains the backup date and UTC time. I hope you have luck in restoring your files.

TimCoughlin1, Mar 6, 2016
  3. Restore backup files on new computer.

I was able to backup files to an external hard drive, however i cant seem to restore them to new computer. How do you do this. System restore doesnt see the files from new computer.

-> A "File Backup" requires a "File Restore" to restore files and folders.

-> A "System Restore" works only if you previously created an image of your installation.

Did you do a file backup or did you create an image?

What are the operating systems of the two machines?

Frederik Long, Mar 6, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

b1rd, Mar 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Help required restoring folders from a Backup - Similar Threads - Help required restoring

2. Backup and Restore - Exclude drive from system image backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and Restore - Exclude drive from system image backup: Hello, I have a quick question about "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" feature on Windows 10. I set up a backup months ago to include a system image and some personal data and everything worked fine. I notice this backup feature tried to backup my game dedicated drive...
  3. Restore Backup

Restore Backup: I have a backup made by Windows10 Home. I have changed my hard drive and done a clean install of Win10. Now I can see the backup in Win Explorer but can't see it in Recover Files. Why is that?...
  4. Folders on D Drive not showing in Restore Files from Current Backup

Folders on D Drive not showing in Restore Files from Current Backup: I'm using Windows 10 Backup to create file history on external drive (Seagate Expansion Drive 2TB). I selected folders both from C drive and D drive. I can have restored successfully files from C drive Folders using the Restore options. However, I can not see any of my D...
  5. Restoring from backup not working?

Restoring from backup not working?: Hi, I am trying to use this to restore my laptop to an older version, but whenever I right click and select "Restore Options" nothing happens. I have tried various ways to restore using this file but I just cannot find one or it doesn't work. Please help :)...
  6. Backup and restore

Backup and restore: Hi, How and when would you use backup and restore on the IT systems using the windows 10 operating system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/backup-and-restore/bd662f36-c19a-44cd-b2ca-8c5d1a49ef60
  7. Restore from Windows Image Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore from Windows Image Backup: I Created an image backup using Windows 10. I burned the repair CD. I booted from cd. Options are most recent backup [but it only shows D:\, the factory backup partition]. No browse capability. Other option does not let me browse to the folder the system created,...
  8. Restoring from Redo Backup

Restoring from Redo Backup: Though I use Macrium for backup but few months back I created a Backup of one PC with Redo and saved the backup directly in pen drive but forgot to format the pen drive in NTFS and it remained Fat32. So the Redo created backup in four parts i.e part2, part3, part4 and part 5...
  9. Restoring backup

Restoring backup: Hi I have windows 10 installed on an SSD. I backup the entire SSD using Macrium Reflect Free. I now want to restore the windows 10 installation. Do I need to restore the entire SSD or can I just restore the C partition ? Whats the best way ? Thanks 27393
  10. Restore Windows From Data Backup?

Restore Windows From Data Backup?: So I managed to break my partition table, but I was able to recover my entire C: drive and copy every file and folder to an external drive. My question now becomes, is there anyway to, when I reinstall Windows, to restore from that backup (since it's just a data backup of...