Windows 10: Help required restoring folders from a Backup

Discus and support Help required restoring folders from a Backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi! Can anyone tell me the name of the folder where my Live Mail contacts are stored? I've lost them & I'm hoping to restore them from a Backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by gwladok5, Mar 6, 2016.

1. gwladok5 Win User

Help required restoring folders from a Backup

Hi!

Can anyone tell me the name of the folder where my Live Mail contacts are stored?

I've lost them & I'm hoping to restore them from a Backup Image file

Thanks

:)

gwladok5, Mar 6, 2016

2. Having trouble restoring from a windows 10 backup to a new computer

Hello Joseph, the only way I found to restore my files from file history was to open it directly from my backup drive and drill down through the folders to the actual backups and then copy and paste all of my required folders to my computers Documents
    folder. The only downside of this, apart from the extra time required, is that all of the copied files have an addition to their file name which contains the backup date and UTC time. I hope you have luck in restoring your files.

TimCoughlin1, Mar 6, 2016
  3. Restore backup files on new computer.

I was able to backup files to an external hard drive, however i cant seem to restore them to new computer. How do you do this. System restore doesnt see the files from new computer.

-> A "File Backup" requires a "File Restore" to restore files and folders.

-> A "System Restore" works only if you previously created an image of your installation.

Did you do a file backup or did you create an image?

What are the operating systems of the two machines?

Frederik Long, Mar 6, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

b1rd, Mar 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Help required restoring folders from a Backup - Similar Threads - Help required restoring

2. Restore From Windows Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore From Windows Backup: Greetings,A new app appeared on my programs list Recently Added section called Windows Backup.I have run a backup. Now, how do I restore a file from OneDrive?Also, I can't find any documentation for Windows Backup. If anyone knows of help articles, it would be...
  3. Restore Files from Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Files from Backup: Hi I have some files on an external HDD which I would like to check to see what they are so when I click on the HDD a box appears asking if I want to restore files from this backup, my question is where will these files go & how do I access them. Also below in the same box it...
  4. Backup of HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\ registry folder required!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup of HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\ registry folder required!: Hello everyone,I am fighting to bring my Windows back to life.Everything was completely fine with my Windows, I just tried to fix "Open with" after right click feature as it was not working properly, I found that the only one entry which I need to add is:Windows Registry...
  5. Backup of HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\ registry folder required!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup of HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\ registry folder required!: Hello everyone,I am fighting to bring my Windows back to life.Everything was completely fine with my Windows, I just tried to fix "Open with" after right click feature as it was not working properly, I found that the only one entry which I need to add is:Windows Registry...
  6. Backup of HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\ registry folder required!

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Restoring from a windows backup

Restoring from a windows backup: I have one question, I didn't make so many backups alongside the years so I don't know exactly how that backup works and I want to know if I make a full backup of drive C plus a windows image copy and reinstall windows and try to restore from that backup it will give me all...
  8. Problem restoring from backup

Problem restoring from backup: In order to fix an issue with my windows update on windows 10 I was advised through my virtual agent to make a backup of my computer on an external hard drive and then reset my computer keeping nothing. I was able to successfully wipe my computer but I am now having trouble...
  9. Help with Restoring a Backup...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Restoring a Backup...: Hey all, I recently reset my computer to try and troubleshoot something because nothing else was working (I know, not a great idea). It wiped everything, obviously. I put a backup onto my external drive before the reset, so it has a folder called FileHistory with what I...
  10. Restoring from backup not working?

Restoring from backup not working?: Hi, I am trying to use this to restore my laptop to an older version, but whenever I right click and select "Restore Options" nothing happens. I have tried various ways to restore using this file but I just cannot find one or it doesn't work. Please help :)...