Windows 10: Help reset family account - kids password

Discus and support Help reset family account - kids password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Team, i have been looking for a way to reset my kids password. I had only used that account for xbox profile as she is pretty young to use it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Anmev, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Anmev Win User

Help reset family account - kids password

Team, i have been looking for a way to reset my kids password.

I had only used that account for xbox profile as she is pretty young to use it anywhere else.

all the forums only mention about using recovery form to rest password.. which is total BS form as there are so many fields where I do not have answer too.

being a parent, is there no easy way to reset the pwd?

I have seen the below reply to use the recovery form :: but its of no use if you do not have the details. I have not used this accoutn for anything except xbox. i entered the xbox live id and still didnt work... what are my other options?

-------------- ..--------------------

Assuming you have already tried resetting the password from account.live.com, I don’t wish to suggest you with the same option. I would suggest you to refer the article Recover your Microsoft Account and also refer the section Tips for filling out the recovery form to recover the issue account. ------------------

:)

Anmev, Sep 1, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 1, 2019
  3. haffy Win User
    Kids user accounts and family settings

Thanks for the links.

I want to create the kids family accounts but it forces you to assign /create an email even after selecting no email . then trying to enter something that is similar to their name doesnt work either as i get errors 'part of reserved domain' even when i put total random characters.

All i want to do is add the existing local kids accounts to the family list but it doesn't let me do that without assigning them an email? Is this correct?

This new MS stuff sucks its just not that straightforward and they are trying to force you into email accounts when you dont want one.

haffy, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Help reset family account - kids password

windows 10 reset by family kids account (standard account)

My kid use to change lot of settings on my pc, therefore i made one family child account so that he couldn't change any settings on windows. But yesterday when he reset windows , it started without asking for administrator password. Is any standard account
    user can reset windows as previously i have thought that now I'm safe ? How to prevent my kid from reset or playing with any such settings of windows in my PC

vicky_y2001, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Help reset family account - kids password

1. Help reset family account - kids password - Similar Threads - Help reset family

2. Reset Kids Account Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Kids Account Password: Bought kid his first PC and trying to login to his Microsoft account. We have Microsoft 365 family, gamepass ultimate and family safety for him. He also has his account on his XBOX linked up to his account. He has of course forgotten his password and can’t login. We are...
  3. Reset Kids Account Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Kids Account Password: Bought kid his first PC and trying to login to his Microsoft account. We have Microsoft 365 family, gamepass ultimate and family safety for him. He also has his account on his XBOX linked up to his account. He has of course forgotten his password and can’t login. We are...
  4. Can't change passwords to kids accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change passwords to kids accounts: I've lost the passwords to both of my kids accounts on my family account. When I try to reset password the validation of my recovery form gets denied. Is there a way to bypass this step?...
  5. password reset kids account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    password reset kids account: Hello my son just got a laptop, we installed a kids account on it - everything worked fine so far. now he forgot his password and I tried to reset the password. Since he has never sent 1 email or used Xbox or used Skype - I'm unable to reply sufficiently to the security...
  6. Kid locked out of Family account. Unable to change password

Kid locked out of Family account. Unable to change password: Hi, My son has a username under the family accounts. Somehow I forgot the password of his account and he is unable to login. I went to my profile at live.outlook.com but under family preferences there is NO option to change his password. When I try to login to the email...
  7. Setup family account for my kids

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Setup family account for my kids: I set up my daughter Jade Mercer under the family Microsoft account her email address is Jadeelisemercer.gmail.com however when we try to sign in it says that ithe email does not exist. What has happened here as it's definitely been registered. And confirm email sent. Please...
  8. Family account setting for kids - set hours

Family account setting for kids - set hours: I'm trying to change the settings of the hours my kids can use the computer. Currently it is set to 6:30-21:30 Every time I try to change it I get a screen saying sorry something went wrong with an trace id like: TraceId: 4hRRRny/cEKPs0MY.3.17.70...
  9. Reset childs family account password by parent

Reset childs family account password by parent: Hello, I created an account for my child and added to my family. After granted access to a specific device and tried to log on with this account, we realised that we did not remember the password. We never signed in to microsoft account and when I tried to reset the...
  10. Kids user accounts and family settings

Kids user accounts and family settings: Ive upgraded from Win 8 to Win 10. I had 2 adult local accounts and 2 kids local accounts. I also have the 1 Microsoft account. I don't want to use the Microsoft account signin on my laptop I want to use my local. Is there a way to assign the existing local kids...