Windows 10: Help! Reset is taking over 10hrs and counting

Discus and support Help! Reset is taking over 10hrs and counting in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi I bought a windows surface laptop 3. I am 7 days into ownership and want to return it to Best Buy before the return period ends. I did a factory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by 1rottenapple, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Help! Reset is taking over 10hrs and counting

Hi I bought a windows surface laptop 3. I am 7 days into ownership and want to return it to Best Buy before the return period ends. I did a factory reset and choose the most secure way to reset the laptop. I start this reset on Friday July 25 at 10pm. Its 8:30am July 26 and its still turning on and turning off the screen. Is it supposed to take this long? It has a 256gb ssd, and only had excel documents installed.

Help us very much appreciated since I havent onwed a windows OS in 2 decades (I use Mac usually). Thanks all.

Its using the most resent OS WINDOWS 10. I believe I updated the software when I opened it the first time from the store.

:)

1rottenapple, Jul 25, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 25, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Help! Reset is taking over 10hrs and counting

I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Help! Reset is taking over 10hrs and counting

1. Help! Reset is taking over 10hrs and counting - Similar Threads - Help Reset taking

2. Computer takes over 16 hours to reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer takes over 16 hours to reset.: Hello. I'm asking for help on behalf of my boyfriend whos desktop computer has been resetting overnight and for over 16 hours now. It's a gaming PC although I don't know the specific hardware or components it's made up of, but it's pretty strong. His PC is about 1 year or 1,5...
  3. Computer takes over 16 hours to reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer takes over 16 hours to reset.: Hello. I'm asking for help on behalf of my boyfriend whos desktop computer has been resetting overnight and for over 16 hours now. It's a gaming PC although I don't know the specific hardware or components it's made up of, but it's pretty strong. His PC is about 1 year or 1,5...
  4. PC reset taking over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reset taking over 24 hours: I am running a PC reset and clean on a dell inspiton laptop, windows 10.. It has been running over 24 hours! Now what. Should I cancel? Screen shows dell logo and spinning circle and keboard lights occasionally fllicker. Not sure what to expect next. thank you, Carolyn...
  5. PC reset taking over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC reset taking over 24 hours: I am running a PC reset and clean on a dell inspiton laptop, windows 10.. It has been running over 24 hours! Now what. Should I cancel? Screen shows dell logo and spinning circle and keboard lights occasionally fllicker. Not sure what to expect next. thank you, Carolyn...
  6. PC reset taking over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Taking over the ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking over the ownership: Hi there,I'm having an issue with files stores within C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Here's the problem:I would like to play Forza Horizon 5 using my steering wheel - Logitech G27.To make it work in the desired way, I would like to add this game to the Logitech Profiler - this...
  8. System Restore taking 25 hours and counting!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Restore taking 25 hours and counting!: I am on a Dell laptop with 512 gb storage with a bit less than half of that full. Prior to the system restore, i ran disk scans to see if anything was wrong and nothing showed up. I also did a full computer scan a week ago using my antivirus and it said my computer was clean....
  9. Help! Reset is taking over 10hrs and counting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help! Reset is taking over 10hrs and counting: Hi I bought a windows surface laptop 3. I am 7 days into ownership and want to return it to Best Buy before the return period ends. I did a factory reset and choose the most secure way to reset the laptop. I start this reset on Friday July 25 at 10pm. Its 8:30am July 26 and...
  10. "pc help" keeps taking over my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "pc help" keeps taking over my laptop: In December my laptop windows 10 would not boot up. I sent it in for repair. Basically all they did was a factory reset. Prior to sending it in the tech used pc help to take control of my laptop to try to fix it. Now that I have it back when it sits idle for several minutes...