Windows 10: Help resetting a computer without admin password

Discus and support Help resetting a computer without admin password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. To not take up to much of your time, I will cut to the chase.I received a PC from my father a while back, but it was a used computer. And... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hunterbradford, May 9, 2022.

1. Help resetting a computer without admin password

Hello. To not take up to much of your time, I will cut to the chase.I received a PC from my father a while back, but it was a used computer. And whoever owned it previously, didn't factory reset it. And my dad not being the most tech savvy guy around, didn't think to check. So basically I've been stuck with a very limited access and permission computer for quite some time and I need some help finally factory resetting this thing and using it without constant admin password pop-ups. Something i should mention. Im not gonna sit here and act like a professional. Im decently tech savvy, but decent

:)

Hunterbradford, May 9, 2022
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 9, 2022
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 9, 2022
  4. flashh4 Win User

Help resetting a computer without admin password

Reset lost Admin Password

Got this message from my niece & thought i would help her with you guys knowledge of fixing her problem !!

Help her out guys with any suggestions ??
    Thanks
    Chuck

flashh4, May 9, 2022
Thema:

Help resetting a computer without admin password

1. Help resetting a computer without admin password - Similar Threads - Help resetting computer

2. How to reset PC without an admin password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reset PC without an admin password: My laptop died during a windows update. Now it is stuck in a reboot cycle; it turns on, says it’s working on an update at 35%, quickly says “restarting”, then repeats. I let it cycle for 12 hours and no change. I have tried to uninstall the update and any other matter of fix...
  3. How to reset PC without an admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset PC without an admin password: My laptop died during a windows update. Now it is stuck in a reboot cycle; it turns on, says it’s working on an update at 35%, quickly says “restarting”, then repeats. I let it cycle for 12 hours and no change. I have tried to uninstall the update and any other matter of fix...
  4. How to reset PC without an admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help resetting a computer without admin password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help resetting a computer without admin password: Hello. To not take up to much of your time, I will cut to the chase.I received a PC from my father a while back, but it was a used computer. And whoever owned it previously, didn't factory reset it. And my dad not being the most tech savvy guy around, didn't think to check....
  6. Help resetting a computer without admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help resetting a computer without admin password: Hello. To not take up to much of your time, I will cut to the chase.I received a PC from my father a while back, but it was a used computer. And whoever owned it previously, didn't factory reset it. And my dad not being the most tech savvy guy around, didn't think to check....
  7. Help getting back into blue screening computer without admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help getting back into blue screening computer without admin password: Unfortunately my fathers PC blue screened after running a Windows Update. The error is pnp_detected_fatal_error . The issue is I'm not able to really use any of the recovery functions without the admin password, which he apparently doesn't know. I'm able to boot to safe mode,...
  8. Help getting back into blue screening computer without admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help getting back into blue screening computer without admin password: Unfortunately my fathers PC blue screened after running a Windows Update. The error is pnp_detected_fatal_error . The issue is I'm not able to really use any of the recovery functions without the admin password, which he apparently doesn't know. I'm able to boot to safe mode,...
  9. Forgotten password on another computer without reset disk and admin login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgotten password on another computer without reset disk and admin login: Hi I have forgotten my password on another computer. it doesn't have a login for administrator or reset disk. It is Windows 10 and is a fairly old desktop. Please advise.Anne...
  10. Reset Windows 10 without admin password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset Windows 10 without admin password: Hey have an old company laptop from when I upgraded. Our team can’t remember the admin password and was told to keep to do as I wish. I would like to use this computer for my wife but not sure how to reset it with out the admin password. Is there a way to reset the laptop to...