Windows 10: Help Resetting Dell Laptop with Windows 10

Discus and support Help Resetting Dell Laptop with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have the Dell G3 3779 which recently has given me trouble with internet based apps. It will connect only some of the applications browsers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WalterGonzalez4, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Help Resetting Dell Laptop with Windows 10

Hello,

I have the Dell G3 3779 which recently has given me trouble with internet based apps. It will connect only some of the applications browsers, skype for business, email, etc . I have tried multiple applications and its a hit and miss. The behavior is simply not consistent.

Now I figured I would cut my losses by doing a factory reset however ,as the reset is going, windows says an error was encountered. The issue occurs if I select the option to do a full reset where all files and programs are erased or if I select the option to only remove programs/settings but keep my files.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

:)

WalterGonzalez4, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Help Resetting Dell Laptop with Windows 10 [​IMG]

Josie23, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Help Resetting Dell Laptop with Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Help Resetting Dell Laptop with Windows 10

1. Help Resetting Dell Laptop with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Help Resetting Dell

2. DELL reset malfunction, please help!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DELL reset malfunction, please help!!!: I reset my pc this morning but during in the afternoon my pc had a notification Dell, supportassist “low power”, after I pug it in it constantly say “welcome dell logo in the mid top and 64% completed then instantly shuts down repeats for more than 1 hour please help!...
  3. DELL reset malfunction, please help!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DELL reset malfunction, please help!!!: I reset my pc this morning but during in the afternoon my pc had a notification Dell, supportassist “low power”, after I pug it in it constantly say “welcome dell logo in the mid top and 64% completed then instantly shuts down repeats for more than 1 hour please help!...
  4. Trouble resetting Dell laptop with windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble resetting Dell laptop with windows 10: Today I decided to reset my laptop, erasing all files and programs and starting fresh. The performance was suboptimal and I didnt have anything too important on it. However, when i get to a screen asking me my home country, preferred language, keyboard layout, and time zone,...
  5. Resetting Windows 10 on Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting Windows 10 on Dell laptop: I did a reset of my Dell G7 7588 using Dell Usb Recovery Tool. It boots up up and tries to log me into administrator, when I click sign it says that this account has been disabled. I had a personal account before that I used but now am unable to find it....
  6. Resetting Dell laptop

Resetting Dell laptop: I recently had to pullout my older dell laptop. Went through the process to reset the computer but now i cannot login after startup. It keeps pulling up the administrator to login but it tells me the specified domain cannot be contacted or does not exist. It is a dell...
  7. Help Dell Inspiron Windows 10 Laptop Dead

in Windows 10 Support
    Help Dell Inspiron Windows 10 Laptop Dead: I just tried to turn on my Dell Laptop which was put to sleep when I closed the lid yesterday. The laptop will no longer start and there is no screen activity. The power light comes on and there is some disk activity when I press the on button to reboot but there is no...
  8. Can't reset Dell laptop.

Can't reset Dell laptop.: I recently reset my Dell laptop. Starts off with "Hi there" and I fill in basic information. Then I'm met with a screen that says "Why did my pc restart? There's a problem that's keeping us form geting your PC ready to use, but we think an update will help get tings working...
  9. Dell Laptop / Windows 10 factory reset ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dell Laptop / Windows 10 factory reset ?: I had a relative reset my settings and now many things have changed. I miss the way it was when new. many features do not work anymore. Can someone please help me ? Thank You....
  10. Password reset on a dell laptop

Password reset on a dell laptop: I am helping a friend who has a Dell laptop. It came with Windows 8 and no upgraded to Windows 10. Computer turns on, but no passwords work. Friend says she did not have a password and then there was an upgrade. I changed her Microsoft account so we have a password, but...