Windows 10: Help resetting forgotten Windows 10 local account password

Discus and support Help resetting forgotten Windows 10 local account password in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! My mother forgot the password to her computer, and I need help resetting (or retrieving it). I'm thinking of using the overwrite sethc.exe with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/andrew_982_, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Help resetting forgotten Windows 10 local account password

Hi! My mother forgot the password to her computer, and I need help resetting (or retrieving it). I'm thinking of using the overwrite sethc.exe with Command Prompt method, but I'm not sure if that'll damage the system.

The computer IS running Windows 10 Pro, but it does not have BitLocker on. (The only reason it has pro is because it came with Pro)

submitted by /u/andrew_982_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/andrew_982_, Apr 3, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Forgotten the new local account password Windows 10.

Hi Renee,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.
    We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

•If your system is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.

•If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

I like to inform you that, if the password is forgotten for the local account then, we can not help you retrieving the password.

Let’s refer to the suggestions provided by Sachin Venkatesh replied on February 9, 2016, to fix your issue.

I forgot my local account password

Also, refer to the suggestions provided by Jan CarlosDizon started on February 15, 2016, to fix your issue.

How to Reset Your Forgotten Password in Windows 10 (Local Account)

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Apr 4, 2020
  4. RyoTakagi Win User

Help resetting forgotten Windows 10 local account password

How to restore a forgotten password

Hello, you are able to create a password reset disk, and restore the password that you have forgotten. You may learn to setup the password reset disk here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402757...

If you have forgotten your password and are unable to access Windows 10, follow the steps below on how to reset your Windows 10 account password. (only for local accounts)

If you are using a Microsoft account to login, you are able to reset the password online.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions!

RyoTakagi, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Help resetting forgotten Windows 10 local account password

1. Help resetting forgotten Windows 10 local account password - Similar Threads - Help resetting forgotten

2. Windows local account on laptop password forgotten

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows local account on laptop password forgotten: Dear Doug K.I wish to request your assistance in resolving an inconvenience caused due to locked Window local account incident on HP laptop.Unfortunately, I cannot remember password and I have not created password rest USB disk. My local account is running Windows 10 home OS...
  3. Windows local account on laptop password forgotten

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows local account on laptop password forgotten: Dear Doug K.I wish to request your assistance in resolving an inconvenience caused due to locked Window local account incident on HP laptop.Unfortunately, I cannot remember password and I have not created password rest USB disk. My local account is running Windows 10 home OS...
  4. forgotten administrator local account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forgotten administrator local account password: Dear Microsoft support team.I forgotten my administrator local account password and their security questions because I always used my my face id or my pin to sign in to my laptop. is there any way to recover or reset the password?I know my old password but last year I change...
  5. forgotten administrator local account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forgotten administrator local account password: Dear Microsoft support team.I forgotten my administrator local account password and their security questions because I always used my my face id or my pin to sign in to my laptop. is there any way to recover or reset the password?I know my old password but last year I change...
  6. forgotten administrator local account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Local Accounts Forgotten Passwords

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Accounts Forgotten Passwords: I will describe my situation as best I can. I don't know what I did to get into this situation. Please be gentle with me. I'm not 25 anymore and in the intervening years since I was 25 I have killed a lot of braincells as decribed in the Baggar Vance movie. I am a one man...
  8. Local Accounts Forgotten Passwords

in Windows 10 Support
    Local Accounts Forgotten Passwords: I will describe my situation as best I can. I don't know what I did to get into this situation. Please be gentle with me. I'm not 25 anymore and in the intervening years since I was 25 I have killed a lot of braincells as decribed in the Baggar Vance movie. I am a one man...
  9. Forgotten Local account password

Forgotten Local account password: Hi , I forgot my local account password on my laptop ,, how can i change it ,, as no option for forgot password ,, can you help thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-local-account-password/dc5c1f71-6ad9-499d-a51c-1735b2dbb1b6
  10. Forgotten windows local account password

Forgotten windows local account password: I am trying to restore windows to a previous version from the recovery startup menu and for that purpose I need to enter my password for the local account. I don't remember the password. I didn't even know I had a password since I turned off the asking for password thing. I...