Windows 10: HELP resetting new password but forgot the old one

Discus and support HELP resetting new password but forgot the old one in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I chooses the option to not use password for login for about half a year, but today Microsoft suddenly told me to change new password, which needs me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ffinnnn, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Ffinnnn Win User

HELP resetting new password but forgot the old one

I chooses the option to not use password for login for about half a year, but today Microsoft suddenly told me to change new password, which needs me to put my old passwordI thought I don't need to do password stuff anymore so I didn't note it down at allNow I can't use the computer, there's work that I just did so I'm hoping if I can find any other way to fix this.I'm now stuck at the login screen and no matter what I try it always says wrong password, please HELPIf there's really no way out then resetting the computer is my last choice...Really don't want this

:)

Ffinnnn, Nov 12, 2022

2. forgot password

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Are you using Microsoft account or local account for logging in the computer?
    I suggest you to follow steps from the below article “What to do if you forget your Windows password” and check if it helps.

Change or reset your Windows password - Microsoft Support

You may also refer to the below article.

I can't sign in to my Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 12, 2022
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password - Microsoft Support

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Nov 12, 2022
  4. HELP resetting new password but forgot the old one

account password reset

Try This

• Sign in to your Microsoft account using
      your current password. If you forgot your password, either select Forgot my password and follow the steps. Or, for deeper account sign-in issues, see How
      to reset your Microsoft account password
    • Once you've signed in, select Security.
    • Select Password security.
    • Type your current password, then type a new password and type it again to verify.
    • Select Save.
    If you going to use a password make a new Account without a password so if you need to get back in your computer if you can.

Anthony'sHelping Hands, Nov 12, 2022
Thema:

HELP resetting new password but forgot the old one

1. HELP resetting new password but forgot the old one - Similar Threads - HELP resetting password

2. Forgot Password to an Old Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot Password to an Old Laptop: Hi, I have an ancient laptop that works fine but has a broken screen. To get around this, I have it plugged into a monitor. Because of this laptop's age, I needed to reset it to continue working. The problem is that after this reset, it only accepts the original password I...
  3. Forgot Password to an Old Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot Password to an Old Laptop: Hi, I have an ancient laptop that works fine but has a broken screen. To get around this, I have it plugged into a monitor. Because of this laptop's age, I needed to reset it to continue working. The problem is that after this reset, it only accepts the original password I...
  4. Forgot the Password and unable to reset it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot the Password and unable to reset it.: Hello there,I am facing issue that I can't reset my password of my laptop. I am using Windows 10. I forgot the password so I want to reset it but couldn't do that. Also there is another issue previously I could change and set PIN lock on my laptop but now I couldn't do both...
  5. Forgot the Password and unable to reset it.

Forgot the Password and unable to reset it.: Hello there,I am facing issue that I can't reset my password of my laptop. I am using Windows 10. I forgot the password so I want to reset it but couldn't do that. Also there is another issue previously I could change and set PIN lock on my laptop but now I couldn't do both...
  6. HELP resetting new password but forgot the old one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP resetting new password but forgot the old one: I chooses the option to not use password for login for about half a year, but today Microsoft suddenly told me to change new password, which needs me to put my old passwordI thought I don't need to do password stuff anymore so I didn't note it down at allNow I can't use the...
  7. Forgot password, can’t reset it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot password, can’t reset it.: Hello Microsoft Community! I just got my desktop back and I can’t seem to remember my password. It’s been in storage for a year or two and no matter what passwords / PIN I try; nothing seems to work. I’ve tried resetting it as well but I don’t have access to the phone number...
  8. Forgot password, can’t reset it.

Forgot password, can’t reset it.: Hello Microsoft Community! I just got my desktop back and I can’t seem to remember my password. It’s been in storage for a year or two and no matter what passwords / PIN I try; nothing seems to work. I’ve tried resetting it as well but I don’t have access to the phone number...
  9. Forgot password, can’t reset it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. New Laptop Forgot password Help

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Laptop Forgot password Help: Have new laptop, I bought it in late November and it seems awesome, now I wrote password and what has happened is I have lost the paper with the information, no password no use of PC, Before you think I am a dummy try having children here with COVID relatives- scary time....