Windows 10: [Help] Resetting PC only took 30 mins and didn’t delete most of my files.

Discus and support [Help] Resetting PC only took 30 mins and didn’t delete most of my files. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I chose to fully clean the drive, in about 30 minutes it got to 64% then I got a message saying not all of my personal files could be removed. There’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/osowavy, Dec 14, 2019.

1. [Help] Resetting PC only took 30 mins and didn’t delete most of my files.

I chose to fully clean the drive, in about 30 minutes it got to 64% then I got a message saying not all of my personal files could be removed. There’s still about 200 GB worth of old files on my PC. Did I do something wrong? How can I get it fully clean the drive?

submitted by /u/osowavy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/osowavy, Dec 14, 2019

2. Why Live Tile is updated in Windows Phone @ 30 Mins interval?

Hi Jay..

Thanks for response!!!

I tried as per suggested steps, unfortunalty does not help.

I think it is Windows OS Limitation to have tile update on every 30 mins.

Shrikrishna Khupasangikar, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Dec 14, 2019
  4. [Help] Resetting PC only took 30 mins and didn’t delete most of my files.

Notification didn´t appear

Windows 10 has ben released for 1 day and a half,and I didn´t get the notification for installing.I reserved it.Can anyone help me?

PS I am running Windows 7 and it´s up to date.

Megabladme, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

[Help] Resetting PC only took 30 mins and didn’t delete most of my files.

1. [Help] Resetting PC only took 30 mins and didn’t delete most of my files. - Similar Threads - Help Resetting took

2. Somehow lost a folder on my PC but I didn’t delete it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Somehow lost a folder on my PC but I didn’t delete it...: So I went on my PC for the first time in a while (to find my profile pic and banner) and I was wondering where my folder was with my profile pic and that sort of stuff. It wasn’t on my desktop (where it has always been) so I decided to search all of my drives for the folder,...
  3. My PC factory reset for no reason. HELP?

My PC factory reset for no reason. HELP?: I restarted my pc and it reset to what I think is factory settings my apps were there and same with files but my settings within the apps were reset and my wallpaper, desktop icons were default. I'm resisting now because I would prefer to have a clean pc then a glitchy one....
  4. Help resetting PC

Help resetting PC: I’ve been trying to reset my laptop and got a message that says: “There’s a problem that’s keeping us from getting your pc ready to use, but we think an update will help get things working again” Then it gives steps to update and to hit next. When I hit next, it says “just...
  5. Reset PC without deleting personal files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset PC without deleting personal files: I have a question about the reset PC and keeping personal data does it delete programs and there data too or does it delete apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-pc-without-deleting-personal-files/627eec92-5065-4137-afbf-9e64a24bfbe5
  6. Resetting My Pc But Need Help

Resetting My Pc But Need Help: Hi There I Am Nirav.I Am Having A Windows 10 Pro 64Bit Os In My PC I Have Purchased Windows 10 Pro Key From Local Market And I Registered That Key To My PC Under Setting -->Update & Security -->Activation . It's Almost 8 To 9 Months That I Have Purchased This It's Working...
  7. starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins: pretty much the title. My PC used to take 30 secs to start and now it takes at least 2 mins (i actually timed it), most of this time is spent on the windows logo loading screen. it's been 2 months. last thing i remember doing was installing Samsung SSD Magician and...
  8. my comp will not go to sleep in 30 mins

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my comp will not go to sleep in 30 mins: how can I enter the sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-comp-will-not-go-to-sleep-in-30-mins/f61f094a-f672-473a-a6c5-c808cbafa7eb"
  9. I deleted my files when I did the PC reset

I deleted my files when I did the PC reset: Can I recover my files after permanently deleting my files (pictures, downloads, documents, etc. ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-deleted-my-files-when-i-did-the-pc-reset/0ad65e47-0f9f-4a05-94ca-5fd4abae66ee
  10. Crashes/Freezes with in 30 mins!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashes/Freezes with in 30 mins!!!: So everytime I log into windows 10 (10041) it crashes, but not immediately only after a period of time. Ive tryed to time it and it seams to be almost random.. I check the task manager and it says my performance is running fine. PLEASE NOTE that this did not happen on the...