Windows 10: Help resetting PC

Discus and support Help resetting PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve been trying to reset my laptop and got a message that says: “There’s a problem that’s keeping us from getting your pc ready to use, but we think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dnastanski, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Help resetting PC

I’ve been trying to reset my laptop and got a message that says:

“There’s a problem that’s keeping us from getting your pc ready to use, but we think an update will help get things working again”

Then it gives steps to update and to hit next. When I hit next, it says “just a moment” with a loading icon and gets stuck until it just puts me back to the “there’s a problem...”

I’ve tried it on WiFi and wired network like the steps say. Am I stuck in a loop here?

submitted by /u/dnastanski
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dnastanski, Dec 15, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 15, 2019
  3. EarthDog Win User
    1070 Overheat Crash x(

Yes try it again... lol... we were waiting for that!

You have steps listed....try to find a another pc to try...try to reset the bios and see if that for some reason would help. But yes, try putting it back in. If not, id say rma time.

EarthDog, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Help resetting PC

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

Help resetting PC

1. Help resetting PC - Similar Threads - Help resetting

2. [Help] i just factory reset a pc then this happen (i tried most vids and websites advice)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] i just factory reset a pc then this happen (i tried most vids and websites advice): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/WhyTho1o [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eqtxjm/help_i_just_factory_reset_a_pc_then_this_happen_i/
  3. After Windows 10 Update, PC is dead, can't restore, can't reset, can't run chkdsk, help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Windows 10 Update, PC is dead, can't restore, can't reset, can't run chkdsk, help: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 on a PC with an i7 Sandy Bridge chip. 16GB RAM, GTX video card. During a recent update, i think the power cycled in my house during it, and now the PC won't start. I can get into the BIOS and the repair screen, but i can't do anything else...
  4. My PC factory reset for no reason. HELP?

My PC factory reset for no reason. HELP?: I restarted my pc and it reset to what I think is factory settings my apps were there and same with files but my settings within the apps were reset and my wallpaper, desktop icons were default. I'm resisting now because I would prefer to have a clean pc then a glitchy one....
  5. Reset stuck at 92%. Please help!

Reset stuck at 92%. Please help!: I had started a total reset from windows settings last night. It went from 0 to 92 in approx 3 hours. There has been no progress after that, stuck on 92% since almost 6-7 hours. What should I do now? PS - I have taken a backup of my stuff so loss of data is not an issue....
  6. Tried to reset my laptop. Please help.

Tried to reset my laptop. Please help.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pyronode [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efxn0w/tried_to_reset_my_laptop_please_help/
  7. Can't reset my pc i don't know why help any solution , i need reinstall my windows 10

Can't reset my pc i don't know why help any solution , i need reinstall my windows 10: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/muvx1rhtf6641.png?width=678&format=png&auto=webp&s=e8a9d05afecf6acd48c25099d2e7ab1523fb9787 submitted by /u/Maavampsz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ee4b2b/cant_reset_my_pc_i_dont_know_why_help_any/
  8. HELP... there was a problem resetting your pc

HELP... there was a problem resetting your pc: Device ACER Spin 1 Tried a reset, it failed and now says no bootable device. Have a Media recovery USB device, same issue! submitted by /u/d5804ale [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ecsqhq/help_there_was_a_problem_resetting_your_pc/
  9. Weird experience resetting Windows 10, please help

Weird experience resetting Windows 10, please help: I did a reset and chose to fully clean the drive. The first attempt took about 30 minutes until I got a message saying not all of my personal files could be removed. There was still about 200gb of data in the Windows.old folder. So I did another one and it took about the same...
  10. I just finished factory reset and now setting up my laptop, but then this occurred. Help

I just finished factory reset and now setting up my laptop, but then this occurred. Help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jc0414 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eax3u8/i_just_finished_factory_reset_and_now_setting_up/