Windows 10: Help restore normal start menu

Discus and support Help restore normal start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just upgraded to v2004 build 19041.610 My start menu is not functioning correctly. Troubleshooter pdf with errors attached. strtmenuprobs.pdf I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dsa44, Nov 9, 2020.

1. dsa44 Win User

Help restore normal start menu

Just upgraded to v2004 build 19041.610
    My start menu is not functioning correctly. Troubleshooter pdf with errors attached.

strtmenuprobs.pdf

I can't get rid of the front pane which obscures the program list. I can drag it up a bit, but then the front pane will cover it again.
    I do remember way back when that I did some reg tweaks to emulate the aero theme from win7 and some tweaks to cortana, but cannot find the backup .reg file, duh! However, it was working fine until the 2004 upgrade.
    I ran the start menu troubleshooter and attached the pdf of the problems it found but can't correct. Any advice greatly appreciated.
    Thx

:)

dsa44, Nov 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Help restore normal start menu

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

Fix problems with the Start menu

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Help restore normal start menu

1. Help restore normal start menu - Similar Threads - Help restore normal

2. Why my start menu GUI is not behaving normally ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my start menu GUI is not behaving normally ?: The images shown below are my processes running !! What happens is suddenly my pc fans just making sound and increase its speed and the Total usage just spikes above 3.5 gb...
  3. Need help restoring apps to start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help restoring apps to start menu: Hi, I was having trouble launching the new Microsoft launcher for Minecraft the other day so I searched and found a solution here on the community board and I did what it said. It didn't fix the problem for anyone in the thread, including myself, and instead seems to have...
  4. Need help restoring apps to start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help restoring apps to start menu: Hi, I was having trouble launching the new Microsoft launcher for Minecraft the other day so I searched and found a solution here on the community board and I did what it said. It didn't fix the problem for anyone in the thread, including myself, and instead seems to have...
  5. Restore Start Menu Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Start Menu Programs: By mistake I removed all my programs from the start menu, they are installed its just they don't show up here on being removed. How to restore them back? Windows: 7 Already Tried: Restarted already...
  6. Restore Start Menu Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Start Menu Programs: By mistake I removed all my programs from the start menu, they are installed its just they don't show up here on being removed. How to restore them back? Windows: 7 Already Tried: Restarted already...
  7. Restore Right Click on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore Right Click on Start Menu: Hello,I discovered lately that the right click on some of the entries in the start menu just do not work, while some do. The ones that don't work seem to be associated with admin management, like Device Manager, Disk Manager, etc. Can the problem be fixed? Many people have...
  8. Restore Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore Windows 10 Start Menu: How do I restore the start menu? I did an update and now my Start menu isn't right. Please help me restore it back to before I did the update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-windows-10-start-menu/0f439f79-4c9d-4b22-afa6-28c0b5dc5258
  9. Restore start menu apps to default

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore start menu apps to default: I unpinned a lot of the apps from the Start menu, now I'd like to restore it to it's installation default. Any way to do this? 7765
  10. Start Menu lacks search box, is this normal?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu lacks search box, is this normal?: When tryting to follow instructions I've noticed that my default configured Start Menu in Windows 10 seems to be missing some kind of Search or Find box similar to what Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 had.... Any idea how to get it back? 56216