Windows 10: Help Restoring Files an emergency

Discus and support Help Restoring Files an emergency in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello I run Windows 10 on an HP laptop. I have a urgent concern as I believe I had deleted a file folder containing years of written work and archived... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ZRALL, Mar 16, 2020.

1. ZRALL Win User

Help Restoring Files an emergency

Hello I run Windows 10 on an HP laptop. I have a urgent concern as I believe I had deleted a file folder containing years of written work and archived information. My recycle bin is set to have deleted files end up there and all newly deleted files go to the recycle bin, however all of the files in this deleted file folder are not in the recycle bin even though it was configured for deleted files to end up there. I cannot restore the files because file history is not set up by default and I deleted the files before file history was turned on. I have no backups for the files and doing some searches on my pc has revealed that I did not accidentally move them anywhere. Is it possible that the file folder was too large to be sent to the recycle bin? All help is appreciated I am desperately trying to recover these files

:)

ZRALL, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Billy Med Win User

Emergency Alerts

Hi Stephanie,

Just to confirm, is this the same thing that you tried on your phone, in order to turn off Amber Alerts?

• Open Settings.
    • Tap on System.
    • Tap on Messaging.
    • Tap on the Change emergency alert settings link.
    • Turn on or off the emergency alerts you want.

Let us know if this was the same thing that you tried.

We would also suggest to reset your phone after doing these steps to ensure that the changes on your phone's settings will be refreshed.

Simply press and hold the Power and Volume down button for 15 seconds and then release your hold afterwards.

Billy Med, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Corrupt files when restored

Took me a while to answer, and follow the instructions.
    Here are the results:
    Restoring from the 2TB drive failed and the FAQ page on GetDataBack site explains this scenario (file name found but on valid data to restore on NTFS) quite well.
    Recuva software also found the files by name but they weren't valid to restore. For the next part Recuva wasn't helpful, too.
    I decided to try a different approach. I managed to find an old HDD (that I stopped using because it fell and "got" bad sectors) that had the photos. I used R-Studio program to skip those sectors (manually, they were too much for the program to ignore in sequential scan) and managed to restore all of them (I think).
    Thanks for the help.
    Hope it helps someone.

BoomBang85, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Help Restoring Files an emergency

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Help Restoring Files an emergency

1. Help Restoring Files an emergency - Similar Threads - Help Restoring Files

2. Emergency please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emergency please help: .849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B file://DESKTOP-15QNFHC/Users/greco/OneDrive/.849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707Bim being cyber atacked this nasty WTFE was in my one drive ,,,,,, microsoft please stop alowing the one drive to auto install during install cuz this is how...
  3. Emergency please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emergency please help: .849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B file://DESKTOP-15QNFHC/Users/greco/OneDrive/.849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707Bim being cyber atacked this nasty WTFE was in my one drive ,,,,,, microsoft please stop alowing the one drive to auto install during install cuz this is how...
  4. Emergency help with infected laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emergency help with infected laptop: My computer got a virus last year I clicked a downloaded file and got sent to a site and I exited out fast forward early 2022 I go back to using my computer then one day while I'm using it my cursor started moving and my mic was being accessed I shutted down my computer and a...
  5. Emergency help with infected laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emergency help with infected laptop: My computer got a virus last year I clicked a downloaded file and got sent to a site and I exited out fast forward early 2022 I go back to using my computer then one day while I'm using it my cursor started moving and my mic was being accessed I shutted down my computer and a...
  6. *EMERGENCY**HELP FAST PLEASE*

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    *EMERGENCY**HELP FAST PLEASE*: I am not in a good mood now. My laptop does not shutdown, when I press shutdown It fails and redirects me to the lock screen. When I disable fast startup it shuts down. WHY!!!! I WANT TO ENABLE FAST STARTUP BUT THE SHUTDOWN STILL FAILS!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!! AND DONT RECOMMEND...
  7. PLEASE HELP EMERGENCY!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PLEASE HELP EMERGENCY!!!!: MY LAPTOP IS NOT BEING ABLE TO SHUT DOWN AND THE SEARCH IS NOT WORKING, I TRIED RESTARTING THE SEARCH BUT IT IS NOT WORKING, PLEASE HELP ME! PLEASE! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-emergency/9f4204d9-9d0c-48e3-895a-7c383c067058
  8. Need help ASAP Emergency

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need help ASAP Emergency: I’m having extreme problems with Trojans, and applications that got downloaded on my computer without my permission. Overnight my computer has become extremely unresponsive, even to the point where it completely shuts down without any warning. I found a bunch of the...
  9. HELP EMERGENCY

in Windows 10 Customization
    HELP EMERGENCY: How much storage can this laptop handle with a usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-emergency/c0b6abe2-21e8-4b00-99eb-99ca247b457d
  10. HELP Emergency

in Windows 10 Customization
    HELP Emergency: What is the max storage windows10 on my laptop can handle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-emergency/ff9062d3-6b02-44cc-92b3-6c3f0de15f64