Windows 10: Help Restoring Windows 10 Boot Manager/Loader

Discus and support Help Restoring Windows 10 Boot Manager/Loader in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Last week I was considering switching to Linux OS from Microsoft 10. I downloaded it and tried it out for about a week. Turns out I do not like Linux... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SeaBison6, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Help Restoring Windows 10 Boot Manager/Loader

Last week I was considering switching to Linux OS from Microsoft 10. I downloaded it and tried it out for about a week. Turns out I do not like Linux that much and would like to switch back. So, I deleted Linux from my machine but that created an issue. I now have Linux boot manager stuck on my machine and cant get Windows Boot Manager back. I need help!!!!

submitted by /u/SeaBison6
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SeaBison6, Jun 13, 2020
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

How do I remove the Linux Boot Loader?

You don't actually uninstall a boot loader but replace it with another.

You cannot get Ubuntu to start on a Windows' boot loader, it needs to be GRUB (or an open source equivalent).

Any ways, to get the Windows' boot loader back up, you need to insert your WIN7 installer disk and select the repair option>startup repair. I am assuming the WIN7 will use a similar setup menu as VISTA.

Follow the guide here for step by step intructions: Fixing the Windows Bootloader via the setup DVD

After that, just format the partition/disk that ubuntu is on...

3. Help on triple boot: Ubuntu, Win 7, XP.

• [/quote] then run it Code: sudo gparted[/quote]
    • And you should see that the Windows 7 partition has a flag indicating that it is a boot partition, remove that flag;
    • Reinstall Windows XP on sda2 (now XP should install its loader on sda2 too);
    • Test if XP boots from GRUB;
    • After this restore the boot flag on the 7 partition and test all OSs;
    I remember doing something like this long time ago (Longhorn/Vista early days), but it was with two different HDDs so it was "kinda" easier.
    Good luck. Click to expand... I did exactly what you said and came up with the same results. It doesn't really matter, though. It's just a slight inconvenience that I can overlook. However, I will remember the steps and commands your provided me for future reference. I appreciate your time and effort in helping me with this matter. One last question. Is it possible to have the following OS'es: Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows Home Server, all without conflicts?

GoFigureItOut, Jun 13, 2020
  4. temp02 Win User

Help Restoring Windows 10 Boot Manager/Loader

Help on triple boot: Ubuntu, Win 7, XP.

It errors at "missing NTLDR" because Windows XP boot loader wasn't installed on the partition with XP itself, so it relies on the Windows 7 loader. You might wanna do this:
    • Boot Ubuntu;
    • Run Code: sudo apt-get install gparted[/quote] then run it Code: sudo gparted[/quote]
    • And you should see that the Windows 7 partition has a flag indicating that it is a boot partition, remove that flag;
    • Reinstall Windows XP on sda2 (now XP should install its loader on sda2 too);
    • Test if XP boots from GRUB;
    • After this restore the boot flag on the 7 partition and test all OSs;
    I remember doing something like this long time ago (Longhorn/Vista early days), but it was with two different HDDs so it was "kinda" easier.
    Good luck.

temp02, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Help Restoring Windows 10 Boot Manager/Loader

1. Help Restoring Windows 10 Boot Manager/Loader - Similar Threads - Help Restoring Boot

2. Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive: My M.2 NVMe Win10 boot disk is no longer recognized as a boot disk. In the motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B650E BIOS the drive is correctly recognized mfgr and size. But the BIOS does not see a Boot Loader on it Under Boot Priority I expect to see Windows Boot Manager and is is...
  3. Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive: My M.2 NVMe Win10 boot disk is no longer recognized as a boot disk. In the motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B650E BIOS the drive is correctly recognized mfgr and size. But the BIOS does not see a Boot Loader on it Under Boot Priority I expect to see Windows Boot Manager and is is...
  4. Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Virus broke the entire boot manager or boot loader

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus broke the entire boot manager or boot loader: Hello so I accidentally run a virus on a real hardware so how to repair it I can’t even boot to my windows 11 installion usb so I got these:a dell computer from 2011 and a bootable windows 11 usb with no tpm required help me...
  6. Win Boot Manager - help restore to simple boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win Boot Manager - help restore to simple boot.: Please see image below. This came about when I had problems previously and consulted MS service (which wasn't a good idea in retrospect). Now I have to be present when ever the computer starts in order to bypass one window which brings me to the window shown in the image....
  7. Boot Loader

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Loader: I have a HP Z220 workstation (got it off of Amazon), and I'm so interested in booting off of a M.2 SSD. I found a paper on this called Clover-EFI bootloader method, and it sounds like it works. Here's my problem, I do know a little bit about programming, but not familiar with...
  8. Windows 10 Boot Loader Issue

Windows 10 Boot Loader Issue: After the recent Windows 10 update, my computer will not boot. It just goes to a blank screen. The only way I have found to get in is to go into the bios boot loader and tell it which drive to boot from. Weird is that although it is saved to that same drive in the bios, but...
  9. Help with boot loader, deleted boot partitions.

Help with boot loader, deleted boot partitions.: The other day i deleted my EFI partition along with one other, the reason for this is because i was trying to get a Ubuntu dual boot to work. Before doing this i knew i was going to brick my windows installation. But now i really need to get my windows partition back up and...
  10. Can somebody help me on how to reconfigure boot loader in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can somebody help me on how to reconfigure boot loader in Windows 10?: I have windows 10 and I accidentally deleted my efi partition. And that prevents my computer to start because there is no boot manager. I know that there is no boot manager because when I entered bios configuration there are only 2 boot options available, the hard drive and...