Windows 10: Help: rule exists but the program doesn't get through the firewall

Discus and support Help: rule exists but the program doesn't get through the firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm trying to allow a program (Cinema 4D) through the firewall but no matter what I do the access to the Internet for this particular... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by verysame, May 9, 2019.

1. verysame Win User

Help: rule exists but the program doesn't get through the firewall

Hi there,

I'm trying to allow a program (Cinema 4D) through the firewall but no matter what I do the access to the Internet for this particular program it's always blocked.

I'm using Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control (so far it worked fine with all the other software installed). With the right click on the .exe, I allowed the program through Windows Firewall but with no success.

Assuming Malwarebytes for some reason isn't working (though in the end I know it's just a filter to Windows built-in firewall), I then closed Malwarebytes (by exiting the program) and tried directly in Windows Firewall.
    I first tried from the Windows Security Center by clicking on "Allow an app through firewall" and still nothing.
    Then I tried with Windows Defender by adding inbound and outbound rules giving the .exe access to all (domain, private, and public). No luck.

At this point, I'm out of ideas.
    Hope there's still something left I can try. Any hints?

:)

verysame, May 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 Firewall won't keep my inbound/outbound rules

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the Windows Firewall. I will certainly assist you.

I suggest you to restart the Windows firewall service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Press Windows key + R simultaneously for Run.
    • Type services.msc and then Enter.
    • Right click on the Windows firewall services and then restart the services and check if it helps.
    If the issue still persists then I suggest you to remove and then read the Windows fire wall rule.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, May 9, 2019
  3. TwuTu Win User
    Windows Firewall: Doesn't show blocking rules

Hello!

Today I've blocked all connections of a program by creating a outbound rule in Windows Firewall. However, I now wish to remove it. The problem: I can't find that newly created rule anywhere in the list. The rule does take an effect, since deactivating the
    Firewall lets the program run properly. I can only see rules in the list that "allow" stuff, but not those who block things.

What I have tried so far:

- All filters set to "Show all" within the Firewall

- Created the same rule again, doesn't show up

- Created a rule that allows the program, shows up

Any solutions?

TwuTu, May 9, 2019
  4. 2AI
    2AI Win User

How to forbidden program to edit firewall rule

I disable firewall rules

but it auto enable again

How to forbidden program to edit firewall rule

Thema:

1. Help: rule exists but the program doesn't get through the firewall - Similar Threads - Help rule exists

2. How to modify existing firewall rule from CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to modify existing firewall rule from CMD: Hello,I would like to modify firewall rule in CMD to have unblocked RDP.I have found this command somewhere:netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Open Remote Desktop" protocol=TCP dir=in localport=3389 action=allow profile=domainbut it adds a new rule "Open Remote...
  3. How to modify existing firewall rule from CMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to modify existing firewall rule from CMD: Hello,I would like to modify firewall rule in CMD to have unblocked RDP.I have found this command somewhere:netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Open Remote Desktop" protocol=TCP dir=in localport=3389 action=allow profile=domainbut it adds a new rule "Open Remote...
  4. How to modify existing firewall rule from CMD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Firewall rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall rules: [ATTACH] Does this symbol mean I have blocked outbound traffic for an application? If so why did the app just check for an update and confirm its current version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-rules/870791a0-328a-4d5c-ad0a-be99f93dfdb0
  6. Firewall rule(s) to allow all traffic through the firewall?

Firewall rule(s) to allow all traffic through the firewall?: I'm tired of seeing the message that my firewall is disabled all the time. Is there a simply rule or rules that I can apply to the firewall that will allow all traffic to flow both ways? I have a hardware firewall that keeps the network safe, so the Windows firewall isn't...
  7. Windows Firewall doesn't use my rules...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Firewall doesn't use my rules...: I'm planning on getting a VPN soon but wanted to make sure I can restrict an app to only use a VPN Connection (so my IP does'nt leak) by blocking my IP address in Firewall. I've been trying to set up a rule to do that with Firefox, but no matter what I try, Firefox is STILL...
  8. Firewall Rules

Firewall Rules: Can you setup exceptions for firewall rules? For example, if I have a port blocked inbound for ALL via GPO, can I create an exception to that rule to allow just certain IP addresses to get through the port being blocked? Win 10 ENT in a domain environment....
  9. Firewall rule doesn't work

Firewall rule doesn't work: Hi, my default setting for the firewall is to block all traffic. Exceptions are added if necessary. This strategy will not be changed for there is no clarity regarding all the traffic going on. For instance, two exceptions enable DNS and DHCP. This works well. Another one...
  10. Firewall rules

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall rules: I accidentally deleted outbound windows firewall rules. Will these reappear? Can this be dangerous? Please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/firewall-rules/1f7cbdda-d9e2-435a-96cb-6caef7699b88"