Windows 10: Help running OLD application in Windows 10 - PaintShop Pro version 7

Discus and support Help running OLD application in Windows 10 - PaintShop Pro version 7 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've been using PaintShop Pro version 7 released 2001. Though very old, it's absolutely perfect for my needs as a bitmap image editing development... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shifty Geezer, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Help running OLD application in Windows 10 - PaintShop Pro version 7

Hi,

I've been using PaintShop Pro version 7 released 2001. Though very old, it's absolutely perfect for my needs as a bitmap image editing development tool, I'm extremely fluent in its use, and though I've tried lots of other packages, none is a good replacement, being both too cluttered and overly complex, and having terrible workflows.

I've just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and PSP still works apart from nagging me for permissions on start, except that I cannot double click on an image and have it automatically opened in PSP. PSP runs, but the file is not loaded.

Is there any solution for this? I already have it in Windows XP compatibility mode.

Cheers.

:)

Shifty Geezer, Jul 25, 2019

2. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Unable to install Paintshop Pro 2019 on win 7 computer.

Error msg System has not been modified when I tried to install newly purchased PaintShop Pro 2019 on win 7 computer. Thanks for any suggestions.

RudyMiller1, Jul 25, 2019
  4. Saskman Win User

Help running OLD application in Windows 10 - PaintShop Pro version 7

Corel Paintshop Pro X3 won't work after upgrading my desktop from Windows 7 to Windows 10

My computer ran Paintshop Pro X3 flawlessly until I upgraded my desktop 1 week ago from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now when I want to run the program from the shortcut key the program won't even load. I tried finding the .exe file in the Programs folder but
    I couldn't find it. I tried to right click the Paintshop desktop shortcut, then running it in the compatibility mode to Windows 7 and Paintshop Pro X3 still doesn't even load. Has anyone come across this problem and successfully solved it. I would love to
    hear from you.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Saskman, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

Help running OLD application in Windows 10 - PaintShop Pro version 7

1. Help running OLD application in Windows 10 - PaintShop Pro version 7 - Similar Threads - Help running OLD

2. can i run windows 10 on my old pc which is currently on windows 7 version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i run windows 10 on my old pc which is currently on windows 7 version: Hello Team Microsoft, This is some information about my system : manufacturer : GIGABYTE Model : H81M-S1 Processor : IntelR PentiumR CPU G3220 @ 3.00GHz 3.00GHz RAM : 4.00 GB 3.88 GB usable System type : 64-bit Operating System Windows edition Windows 7 Ultimate Thank you...
  3. can i run windows 10 on my old pc which is currently on windows 7 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i run windows 10 on my old pc which is currently on windows 7 version: Hello Team Microsoft, This is some information about my system : manufacturer : GIGABYTE Model : H81M-S1 Processor : IntelR PentiumR CPU G3220 @ 3.00GHz 3.00GHz RAM : 4.00 GB 3.88 GB usable System type : 64-bit Operating System Windows edition Windows 7 Ultimate Thank you...
  4. Installing Paintshop Pro 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Paintshop Pro 2023: I keep receiving the following notification each time I try to upgrade to PSP 2023. Can anyone understand this? PSP seem unable to advise. Not sure if this is a Windows fault or not....
  5. Installing Paintshop Pro 2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Paintshop Pro 2023: I keep receiving the following notification each time I try to upgrade to PSP 2023. Can anyone understand this? PSP seem unable to advise. Not sure if this is a Windows fault or not....
  6. Downloading paintshop pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading paintshop pro: I have my old Paintshop Pro X2 and a new computer that has no disk drive. How do I download it using my serial number etc.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-paintshop-pro/aa885e76-e7cb-4334-a696-ff4eb1db9f62
  7. Lost Plugin / Filter for "PaintShop Pro"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Plugin / Filter for "PaintShop Pro": Hello,This is not a Windows question. But I was searching the whole evening all over the internet and found nothing.So I will ask your forgiveness if I ask it here.I had in "PaintShop Pro" program some filter / plugin to make frames like the one in attached picture which I...
  8. Corel PaintShop Pro X6

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corel PaintShop Pro X6: Corel PaintShop Pro X6 came free with my computer so I don't have a installation disk or a link from a email. You just entered the codes and it installed as far as I can remember. Up until yesterday it worked find and was perfect for my needs. This morning a screen popped...
  9. Scanning images with "PaintShop Pro"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning images with "PaintShop Pro": Hello,On my pc I have an old program "PaintShop Pro". I use it as image editor and it suits me. There is also a scanner connected to the computer, I can scan straight from the program. After upgrade to 1803 version I noticed when trying to scan from the program, it crashes....
  10. Scanning images with "PaintShop Pro"

in Windows 10 Support
    Scanning images with "PaintShop Pro": Hello,On my pc I have an old program "PaintShop Pro". I use it as image editor and it suits me. There is also a scanner connected to the computer, I can scan straight from the program. After upgrade to 1803 version I noticed when trying to scan from the program, it crashes....