Windows 10: Help! SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly / A pointer device has no...

Discus and support Help! SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly / A pointer device has no... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I really need some help on this one. I have no clue what to do. Recently my PC has been deadlock freezing almost every day. It has great... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LucasHogendoorn, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Help! SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly / A pointer device has no...

Hi everyone. I really need some help on this one. I have no clue what to do.

Recently my PC has been deadlock freezing almost every day. It has great specs Titan X 12GB, Intel I7 chip, etc., so the stuff isn't all too outdated.

It seems the problem of the deadlocking is coming from the SB Recon3D service terminating, and then a pointer device has no info on what monitor is supposed to attach to I have no clue what I'm talking about. I've reverted my drivers to those of a few months ago, to no avail.

This is extremely frustrating. I used BSODInspector to provide you all with some insight into what may be wrong with the extensive data it gathered:

https://d.pr/f/ztJHfw

Hope that helps to solve it.

What do I do? Should I do a clean wipe of my PC? Is it a PC part that is faulty?

Thank you so much,

- Lucas.

:)

LucasHogendoorn, Feb 13, 2020
  2. borgus Win User

The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly.

The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

That's the Event Viewer error message at every reboot (appears to occur during the shutdown phase).
    There is a concurrent fault listed for the Canon scanner driver, CNC210C.DLL, which is not corrupted.

Clues on how to banish these errors? Or should they simply be ignored, as they do no apparent harm....

borgus, Feb 13, 2020
  3. adi518 Win User
    "The SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly"

It seems update 1903 broke my Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 builtin Creative sound card (Sound Core3D). It's now randomly crashing several times a day, which is getting extremely annoying. I asked both Creative and Gigabyte support for this, both don't care at all
    and just blame Microsoft. Honestly, they are right. It worked fine for years, then MS rolls out this update and screws up sound cards.

The only thing I get from Event viewer is as the title says. There are no traditional fixes that I'm aware of. All drivers are updated to latest. Windows build is 1909.

Now what? it's a major device breaking issue.

adi518, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Help! SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly / A pointer device has no...

"The SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly"

Good news: I think I fixed this. There IS a new driver. I hunted down "USB Root Hub (USB 3.0)" in Device Manager, right-clicked, and hit "Update Driver." Lo and behold, there was one out there (I don't think I've ever seen that work before). So I updated
    all three USB Root Hubs. It's been two days, and not a single BSOD. Yay.

RobertAHahn, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Help! SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly / A pointer device has no...

1. Help! SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly / A pointer device has no... - Similar Threads - Help Recon3D Service

2. Windows Audio Service terminated unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Audio Service terminated unexpectedly: Acer Nitro 5 with Windows 11 Os Build 22621.2070Windows does not detect any input or output audio devices. No test sounds are able to be played and no devices are available to enable/disable. On the Windows Event Viewer, I am seeing and error with Event ID 7031:Text: The...
  3. Windows Audio Service terminated unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Audio Service terminated unexpectedly: Acer Nitro 5 with Windows 11 Os Build 22621.2070Windows does not detect any input or output audio devices. No test sounds are able to be played and no devices are available to enable/disable. On the Windows Event Viewer, I am seeing and error with Event ID 7031:Text: The...
  4. The Client License Service ClipSVC service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 252...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Client License Service ClipSVC service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 252...: How do I solve this error? I think its the error behind me not being able to download anything from the Microsoft Store. The details on the error says Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0xC002001B:...
  5. The Client License Service ClipSVC service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 252...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Client License Service ClipSVC service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 252...: How do I solve this error? I think its the error behind me not being able to download anything from the Microsoft Store. The details on the error says Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0xC002001B:...
  6. The Client License Service ClipSVC service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 252...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The Client License Service ClipSVC service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 252...: How do I solve this error? I think its the error behind me not being able to download anything from the Microsoft Store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-client-license-service-clipsvc-service/fcc0d96c-880e-4633-8996-5c87743a4f92
  7. Connected Devices Platform Service terminated unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Connected Devices Platform Service terminated unexpectedly: Good evening, I keep getting a LOT of errors within EventVwr and suspect this is why my system locks up now and again, without any other error messages: The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated with the following error: Unspecified error And The...
  8. The Energy Server Service queencreek service terminated unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Energy Server Service queencreek service terminated unexpectedly.: What is this WARNING message that appears in Event Viewer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-energy-server-service-queencreek-service/ad99b9d3-173a-4b0e-abf3-1ab8ae652dc3
  9. "The SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "The SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly": Hi, It seems update 1903 broke my Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 builtin Creative sound card. It's now randomly crashing several times a day, which is getting extremely annoying. I asked both Creative and Gigabyte support for this, both don't care at all and just blame Microsoft....
  10. Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly: Also Windows search service has failed to create the new search index Failed to find gather Application: Windows Windows Search service terminated wit the following error: The system cannot find the drive specified. I am getting these errors in the Event Viewer Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly