Windows 10: Help: Screen glitches and stutters on buttons.

Discus and support Help: Screen glitches and stutters on buttons. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This appears sometimes In several applications. Several buttons and text boxes start to glitch out and appear somewhat like this. Specs: Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DiegoPaternostro, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Help: Screen glitches and stutters on buttons.

This appears sometimes In several applications. Several buttons and text boxes start to glitch out and appear somewhat like this.

Specs: Windows 10 Pro

Geforce Game Ready Driver Version: 465.89

Display adapter version: 27.21.14.6589

Ryzen 2600

RTX 2600

16gb ram

600w psu bronze

gigabyte aorus elite motherboard

500gb samsung ssd

Help: Screen glitches and stutters on buttons. d28266b7-cd1c-446b-914b-d685c2b07a77?upload=true.png

:)

DiegoPaternostro, Apr 11, 2021

2. Windows 10 Stuttering/Lagging with Graphical Glitches

These are the LatencyMon stats once the problem sets in

Help: Screen glitches and stutters on buttons. [​IMG]

The problem didn't come in Safe Mode - although I only used it in Safe Mode for about 10 minutes.

*I usually only needed to input a PIN password to log into Windows. After booting into Safe Mode it started asking for my password (i.e. Microsoft Account password). It hasn't asked for the PIN since then. Is this normal? Maybe some kind of protection enabled by Windows itself?

This is the LatencyMon stat without the problem:

As you can see it says that my system has no latency issues.
    Something weird I noticed is the difference in Measured and Reported CPU speeds - 1 Mhz and 3293 Mhz. How is that possible? I mean will the system even boot up if that's the actual speed?
    There is also and Indepth Latency Test shortcut created by the program. Do I need to run it as well?

starlightt800, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Stuttering/Lagging with Graphical Glitches

I have installed Win 10 Pro and been using it for a while. I also have a ASUS STRIX GTX 960 OC with 2GB GDDR5 video memory, and 4GB ram. Lately I have been noticing a lag/stuttering after using the computer for a while. Mind that the problem doesn't come on as soon as the PC boots up (the boot up is quite fast). Instead it starts after an hour or so into the usage. The lagging/stuttering initially starts off as some graphical artefact (the text inside a window of an app starts refreshing - it basically vanishes and then comes back on). The problem is only limited to windows of the apps and Explorer itself. After a while the system starts lagging a lot. The stuttering and graphical anomalies appear periodically and the lag is also in sync with this period.

This is the lag at the most extreme
    IDM Window

The lag in sync with the graphical stuttering

A notepad file

Task manager

An interesting thing that happened is that while I opened the Nvidia Control Panel to take a gif recording, the graphical stuttering immediately stopped. The lag however was still there, but very minute. This leads me to wonder whether the glitch/bug is caused due to a bad Nvidia driver.
    The driver in question is 361.75
    I know that the driver is problematic but I also read that the newer version 364.51 is also having a lot of problems.
    This is the Task Manager after I opened and closed Nvidia Control Panel

However, after the problem still came back (in about 10-15 minutes), I tried the same method - opening and closing Control Panel. This time, the problem still persisted. So maybe something else caused the stuttering to go away. I am not sure of the chain of events that precisely led to this so I couldn't recreate it.

This PC is usually very fast, can run most games on ultra-high settings (albeit at my display resolution of 1366x768) and basically runs without a hitch. However, once this sets in, after a while its annoying enough that I restart it. Then the cycle continues.

I am pretty sure that the problem is software related (maybe bad Nvidia drivers?). The graphics card is pretty new (Nov 2015) so I can basically rule out any graphics card problem. The problem however does show up in COD MW 1 (Multiplayer). The entire screen flashes in sync with the same problem. Basically, if I'm playing the game once this flashing of windows starts, the entire screen goes black and comes back on - there is no lag, just the blacking out - completely in sync with the window flashing. The screen refreshing problem exists ONLY with this game, all others run without any problems

Any help? I am ready to roll back to previous graphics drivers but a clean Windows install is a no-no. I have way too much data to backup

starlightt800, Apr 11, 2021
  4. vgather Win User

Help: Screen glitches and stutters on buttons.

weird big screen glitch? help?

im getting this glitch whenever i load a video

vgather, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Help: Screen glitches and stutters on buttons.

1. Help: Screen glitches and stutters on buttons. - Similar Threads - Help Screen glitches

2. glitching screen and glitching videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    glitching screen and glitching videos: Hello, Recently my laptop screen started to freckle\glitch while playing videos either on the internet or on my laptop so I followed steps suggested as to uninstall and re-install the graphics update however, it happened again not so long after I did that 1 day later and I...
  3. glitching screen and glitching videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    glitching screen and glitching videos: Hello, Recently my laptop screen started to freckle\glitch while playing videos either on the internet or on my laptop so I followed steps suggested as to uninstall and re-install the graphics update however, it happened again not so long after I did that 1 day later and I...
  4. Screen Stuttering/Tearing Problem, Need Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Stuttering/Tearing Problem, Need Help: Hello all, hope you guys are having a great day. So I recently stumbled upon this problem, and it's rather a weird one for me and the first time I've ever encountered it. Whenever I boot up my computer and load my game, screen tears/stuttering happen...
  5. Bottom of screen glitching. HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bottom of screen glitching. HELP: I was working on Unity today when all of a sudden my screen just started glitching out. Now it looks like this. https://imgur.com/a/XhmCJaE I didn't drop my laptop, or did anything that could damage it. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/DungeonBoi [link] [comments]...
  6. Audio stutter buzzing glitching everywhere

Audio stutter buzzing glitching everywhere: Hello, First, have my specs: Asus X550LN, Nvidia 840M 2GB, Intel i7 4500U, 8GB RAM, Windows 10 64bit (upgraded from Windows 8.1 64 bit). So I've upgraded to Windows 10 relatively easily and without any serious issues besides the odd bug here and there. By far the most...
  7. weird big screen glitch? help?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    weird big screen glitch? help?: im getting this glitch whenever i load a video [img] 123425
  8. weird big screen glitch? help?

in Windows 10 Support
    weird big screen glitch? help?: im getting this glitch whenever i load a video [img] 123425
  9. Audio Stutter/Glitch

Audio Stutter/Glitch: I have a frustrating problem with my new Win10 Kaby Lake build and random sound glitches. As this is a new system with new components and all the latest drivers this really shouldn't be happening. Please bare with me as I describe what's going on. Whilst using the PC to...
  10. Button window glitch

in Windows 10 Support
    Button window glitch: Hello, i just installed a fresh windows 10 since was using 8.1 till now. I found only a problem till now which bother me because i want to disable Pagefile but this glitch make it impossible. [img] It's some bug from Windows or something wrong with my machine only?...