Windows 10: Help scrolling issue maybe?

Discus and support Help scrolling issue maybe? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi can anyone advise i have an issue where my laptop all of sudden wont allow me to scroll at all on anything without jumping back to the top. I also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NicG1988, Dec 16, 2020.

1. NicG1988 Win User

Help scrolling issue maybe?

Hi can anyone advise i have an issue where my laptop all of sudden wont allow me to scroll at all on anything without jumping back to the top.
    I also have an issue if I try to click on an app to open its just highlighting whatever is in the top right corner and wont allow me to open anything just jumps back to the top left.

If anyone can help ASAP required for work in a few hours.

:)

NicG1988, Dec 16, 2020

2. Certain window items bounce on Scrolling

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know if your touchpad functionality is fine other than the mentioned issue?

As you are facing issues with scroll options in few of the applications on Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to change the mouse & touchpad settings and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type mouse
      and select Mouse & touchpad settings.
    • Choose appropriately with the following options and check if the issue persists.
    • Roll the mouse wheel to scroll
    • Choose how many lines to scroll each time

Method 2:

Step 1: As you are using touchpad, I suggest you to use different mouse to different ports and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    not scrolling

Hi Donna,

This may have occurred due to a mouse driver conflict or a hardware issue that caused this. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your mouse? Is it wired or wireless?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

On the other hand, we suggest that you check this
    article
    . Kindly perform the steps as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on scrolling.

Kindly get back to us further assistance.

Xylee Del, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Page scrolling on its own

We appreciate your response. To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how to modify Touchpad Scrolling Settings.

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Mouse and choose Touchpad tab.
    • Locate the Scrolling Settings area within the touchpad properties tab. Adjust the settings to meet your needs.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Help scrolling issue maybe? - Similar Threads - Help scrolling issue

2. Help With Windows Scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help With Windows Scrolling issue: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Parkrr_YT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ubhvgg/help_with_windows_scrolling_issue/
  3. The strangest audio issue - maybe someone here can help?

The strangest audio issue - maybe someone here can help?: I'm not sure i'm posing this question in the right place so feel free to tell me to go to another sub with it if there's somewhere else I might find answers. That said, I've connected my PC running Windows 10 with the latest updates installed to my Sony Bravia x900f and i'm...
  4. Issues with scrolling

Issues with scrolling: So from what I’ve seen while trying to troubleshoot this it seems like it’s a fairly common issue.. a couple of days ago I updated my laptop to windows 10 from (i think) windows 7 and since then I’m unable to scroll using the little line going down the right side of the...
  5. boot issue...maybe BCD issue

boot issue...maybe BCD issue: So I was cloning a drive with mini tool shadow maker...I installed the new drive and I saw it in windows and I apparently chose wrong when I chose MBR and not GPT...so I cloned the HDD to the ssd. Shutdown and remove old drive and booted new drive..,bios has been Legacy the...
  6. Scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling issue: I cant scroll down with my touchpad double fingers, and i cant find the devices setting under the mouse properties, How should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrolling-issue/fc7065e4-d7d2-4307-8fab-de682c0d90ee
  7. Maybe someone here will help

Maybe someone here will help: submitted by /u/theubusu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/grt5wa/maybe_someone_here_will_help/
  8. Scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scrolling issue: new pc windows 10 in S mode using explorernto open pages, if inscroll or page down, within seconds it returns to top of page, how do i stop this all the forums point to auto accent color off but i dont have that in my settings to disable...
  9. Maybe it’s a windows issue? I need help

Maybe it’s a windows issue? I need help: submitted by /u/finnkirsh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ecmn9m/maybe_its_a_windows_issue_i_need_help/
  10. Wireless internet issue - maybe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless internet issue - maybe: Desktop waiting for new parts, using laptop in the meantime, never checked the d/l speed on the laptop before, find I am only getting 25 MB of the 100 MB available. Put in a Netgear USB wireless adapter, get the full 100 MB d/l speed. HP ENVY x360 Convertible - Intel...