Windows 10: help search bar

Discus and support help search bar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] type here to search is gone from the search bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NiceIndependent6, May 14, 2020.

1. help search bar

/u/NiceIndependent6, May 14, 2020

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 14, 2020
  3. Setting for Cortana, Device Search History, and Search Online & Include Web Results

Hello Simmons,

A quick question before proceed:

Are you referring to hide search bar option?

If yes, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Right click on the search bar.

• Select search option.

• Now click on the hidden option.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 14, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

help search bar

Removing a search Bar

Hi Dave,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did it appear after performing any particular function?

You may try to uninstall the search bar and check if it helps. To uninstall the
    search bar follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      search bar and click on Uninstall.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 14, 2020
Thema:

help search bar

1. help search bar - Similar Threads - help search bar

2. How to fix the search bar help

in Cortana
    How to fix the search bar help: When I click the windows key and search like Discord it will just pop up a loading screen split second then it will go away. Idk how is this keep happening, I tried alot of tutorial on Youtube all of them didn't work. So please, help me fix this. Thank you....
  3. How to fix the search bar help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the search bar help: When I click the windows key and search like Discord it will just pop up a loading screen split second then it will go away. Idk how is this keep happening, I tried alot of tutorial on Youtube all of them didn't work. So please, help me fix this. Thank you....
  4. How to fix the search bar help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search Bar Not Working (HELP)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Bar Not Working (HELP): Windows search bar stopped working i've tried so many things at this point. Please help me get it back working again I cant access a lot of my programs. submitted by /u/Demigration [link] [comments]...
  6. windows search bar not working help!!

windows search bar not working help!!: when i click on the search bar nothing happens. submitted by /u/WIZARDIAM [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j4vndi/windows_search_bar_not_working_help/
  7. Search Bar

Search Bar: After the latest update, I can type no more than three characters in the search bar next to the start button. I'm on version Version 1909 Build 18363.959. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help you can offer. submitted by /u/patco81 [link] [comments]...
  8. search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    search bar: Can I remove the search bar? I find it irritating and I don't use Chrome. 157359
  9. I Need help with my search bar

in Cortana
    I Need help with my search bar: The search bar was working fine for a long time but i don't know why it doesn't anymore . When i try to search anything nothing happens just some purple dots on the top moving really fast and nothing else shows up pls help me this is driving me crazy !! Thanks!...
  10. Possible Bug - Search Bar - HELP

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible Bug - Search Bar - HELP: I have a Surface Pro and use a Logitec wireless keyboard and mouse 80% of the time. The system constantly jumps to a search bar by itself and I do not know how to get rid of this. Looking for some help in this matter. Thank you. 60423