Windows 10: Help setting up Windows 10 on Lenovo N100

Discus and support Help setting up Windows 10 on Lenovo N100 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to get Windows 10 running on a Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop, which was built in 2006. It works okay, but device manager shows a lot of yellow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thezeropoint, May 13, 2020.

1. Help setting up Windows 10 on Lenovo N100

I'm trying to get Windows 10 running on a Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop, which was built in 2006.

It works okay, but device manager shows a lot of yellow triangles. Either drivers are missing, or they can't get enough free resources (Code 12).

I've done some basic searches for things like the graphics card. That's an NVidia Geoforce Go 7300. So far, nothing has worked. Searching shows that some people have got Windows 10 going on this laptop, but I haven't yet.

Is there any good advice for sourcing drivers for old technology that might get it working?

submitted by /u/thezeropoint
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thezeropoint, May 13, 2020

2. Lenovo N100 graphics issues

Heya all,

So i'm in the process of reviving a Lenovo 3000 N100. So far so good (i'm writing from that lappie atm)

One problem though: in some whitefields, for example, the text box you respond to posts in, blue vertical lines show up. and it looks, well, weird. additionally, i can detect blue and red artifacts across the whole display. i have no idea why, i'm running the latest drivers too.

the card is a GeForce Go 7300, running the latest drivers from Levono

Other specs:
    Lenovo 3000 N100
    512MB ram (used to be 1GB, but one of the DIMM's failed)
    100gb 5200rpm hdd
    15.4" 1680x1050 display (tried lowering the res, did nothing)
    Vista Ultimate (don't ask, its all i had on hand.)

Thankee all!

randomperson21, May 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - SoundMax driver needed for Lenovo N100

Hello. I don't know if you're still having this issue or not but I also have a Lenovo N100 0768 with Windows 10. This worked for me. 2006 laptop on Windows 10, sound refuses to work : Windows10 Click the link that
    says "These are your drivers". Hope it helps you and everyone with this laptop having this issue

ETtheAlien_76, May 13, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Help setting up Windows 10 on Lenovo N100

Lenovo Ready to Launch Windows 10 Devices

Lenovo today announced it will begin shipping a wide selection of products loaded with Windows 10 starting July 29. Lenovo has an extensive list of products eligible for this upgrade including popular models like the YOGA 3 Pro and YOGA 500. Lenovo customers can check here for their product's eligibility.

Lenovo has worked with Microsoft Corp. to make the process of upgrading simple, for people with qualified Lenovo PC running Windows 7 SP1 or 8.1 to upgrade to Windows 10. Starting on July 29, the updates will roll out. If a user has reserved a copy of Windows 10, he/she will be notified once the compatibility process confirms that the user will have a great experience, and Windows 10 has been downloaded on their system.

Help setting up Windows 10 on Lenovo N100 91a_thm.jpg

Lenovo Apps Enhance Windows 10 Experience
    To give users consistent experiences across devices and operating systems, the preloads include a suite of Lenovo-written applications. The new Lenovo Companion 3.0 optimization tool keeps devices running at peak performance and can be used at any time to run a full-scale checkup and report back with specific actions to free up space and speed up the device. As a "smart" device control hub, the new Lenovo Settings lets users easily adapt and modify the way their device behaves. For example, when in tablet mode, the product will customize its display and other settings based on its orientation versus in traditional laptop mode. Alternatively, the device's usage will also alter its settings, for example when watching a movie versus reading an e-book. With SHAREit, customers can quickly transfer files between devices. For tablet users WRITEit takes the pen to a new level of functionality allowing users to write in any input field with their pen and the handwriting is converted to text.

As announced at Tech World in May, Lenovo and Microsoft have worked to integrate Cortana and REACHit, Lenovo's groundbreaking app that allows users who opt-in to search for and manage their content across multiple devices and cloud storage platforms. With REACHit, Cortana becomes even smarter and more personal, enabling users to find their content such as emails, photos and videos in ways they never thought possible. Cortana and REACHit gives users a seamless, intuitive way to search through natural language and contextual understanding.

"With Windows 10, computing gets more personal, productive and connected," said Tom Shell, senior vice president, PC Business Group, Lenovo. "Across our entire PC product line, from the office to the home, we've optimized our Lenovo devices to give customers a great computing experience while giving them enhanced search tools like Cortana with REACHit."

btarunr, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Help setting up Windows 10 on Lenovo N100

1. Help setting up Windows 10 on Lenovo N100 - Similar Threads - Help setting Lenovo

2. Help setting up windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help setting up windows 11: Hi I am trying to set up a new windows 11 PC for my business. I'm trying to add my Microsoft account so I can proceed with the setup of windows but it is telling me that my Microsoft account does not exist. The error reads "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a...
  3. Help setting up windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help setting up windows 11: Hi I am trying to set up a new windows 11 PC for my business. I'm trying to add my Microsoft account so I can proceed with the setup of windows but it is telling me that my Microsoft account does not exist. The error reads "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a...
  4. Setting up windows 10 pro PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting up windows 10 pro PLEASE HELP: Okay so it got to the part where I need to connect to internet to finish setup but none of the wifi’s are showing up and the ethernet cable won’t work either. What do I do? submitted by /u/SavPMA [link] [comments]...
  5. Need drivers for Lenovo N100 3000

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need drivers for Lenovo N100 3000: Split from this thread. whr to find wifi and audio drivers for Lenovo n100 3000 0768 model win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-drivers-for-lenovo-n100-3000/d33240d5-3cba-4c96-8af9-0998ceaa8ab2
  6. Help setting up windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help setting up windows 10: Hey everyone! Recently I decided to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I thought I'd just back up my laptop, and take itto a tech shop to format it and install Windows 10. And it went pretty good! Well, until I actually got the files back on the PC. Then I was treated to a...
  7. Installing windows 10 1909 32bit on Lenovo 3000 N100 Very old laptop

Installing windows 10 1909 32bit on Lenovo 3000 N100 Very old laptop: So, I had this very old laptop lying around but the spec were good enough for 32bit windows 10 so I downloaded the latest windows iso form Microsoft's websiteversion 1909. Formatted my pd using rufus3.9 with default selections. But when I'm booting from the pd it says : EFI...
  8. Setting up Microsoft on Lenovo

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting up Microsoft on Lenovo: I just got a new laptop, Lenovo IdeaPad S145 and was trying to go through set up and my screen just reduced to a teeny almost invisible screen. How do I get it back up to be able to read it....
  9. Help setting up Windows Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Help setting up Windows Edge: I have been using Internet Explorer for many years and find it exasperating that some of the features I have become used to do not appear to be in Windows Edge. Can anyone tell me: 1. How to remove the extra spacing in the HUB Favourites drop down list so all the entries are...
  10. set up help

set up help: is it possible to make the start up menu on the left side i do not even know what to call it look like windows 7 with extensions tiles etc while staying in windows ten. please be nice im old and easily addled and apt to be contused again i bow 2 u 75697