Windows 10: [HELP] Settings app keep crashing when adding language

Discus and support [HELP] Settings app keep crashing when adding language in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need to add the arabic language for my work, but the settings app keep crashing?It'll just stop responding to clicks or anything, but I can still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/skratudojey, Nov 10, 2019.

1. [HELP] Settings app keep crashing when adding language

I need to add the arabic language for my work, but the settings app keep crashing?It'll just stop responding to clicks or anything, but I can still close it normally with the x button. How do I fix this?Trying to install from Windows store brought me right back to the settings app with the same crash.

If it matters, here's my specs

Ryzen 5 2600

Rx570

16GB Ram

Windows 10 home (not SL)

Edit: forgot to mention I've restarted my pc multiple times and it's still not working
    Edit2: specs

submitted by /u/skratudojey
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/skratudojey, Nov 10, 2019

2. How to Change Windows store and apps language to English

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to assist you.

As per the issue description you are willing to change the language back to English which get changed after installing November update in China.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Is the issue specific to some apps or with all apps?
    • Is the language of the OS and keyboard in English?

I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1: Set the display language to English by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Time & Language and click on Region & Language from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add a Language under Language settings and select
      English.
    • Click on the added language and click on Options.
    • Click on Download to download the language pack.
    • After the download is complete, select the language and click Set as default.
    • Check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Nov 10, 2019
  3. tlm2501 Win User
    Settings app crash and Language Pack issues.

What kind of issues are you having with the language pack installation? If you don't know how to install a language pack, proceed as follows:

• Open the Settings app by pressing Win+I on your keyboard or from Start.
    • Select "Time & Language".
    • Select "Region & Language".
    • Choose "Add a Language".
    • Scroll to English, then choose "English (United States)"
    • Select the newly-added language from the list and click "Options".
    • Click "Download language pack" and wait until the installation finishes.
    • When it's done, go back to the language list, select the language and click "Set as default", then remove British English if you don't need it anymore.

tlm2501, Nov 10, 2019
  4. [HELP] Settings app keep crashing when adding language

Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

[HELP] Settings app keep crashing when adding language

1. [HELP] Settings app keep crashing when adding language - Similar Threads - HELP Settings app

2. Windows keeps adding the languages to the language panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps adding the languages to the language panel: The operating system constantly adds excessive languages to the lang panel, even though there are no new languages in the corresponding Settings tab. I own a laptop that has a German keyboard layout, and by default, there was the German language set in the system. I've...
  3. Windows keeps adding the languages to the language panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps adding the languages to the language panel: The operating system constantly adds excessive languages to the lang panel, even though there are no new languages in the corresponding Settings tab. I own a laptop that has a German keyboard layout, and by default, there was the German language set in the system. I've...
  4. Language bar keeps adding languages to itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Language bar keeps adding languages to itself: I don't know why but my language bar keeps adding the English US and/or English US-International options. It is not in the Language preferences > Preferred languages list when I click on it though....
  5. Bluetooth App Keeps Crashing When Adding a Device - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth App Keeps Crashing When Adding a Device - Windows 10: Hey Folks, My windows 10 Bluetooth app keeps crashing whenever I attempt to add a new device. I have tried disabling and reenabling the Bluetooth, uninstalling the application, updating my windows and changing the power settings. I go to Add Bluetooth or Other Device >...
  6. Settings app keeps crashing!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app keeps crashing!: I'm trying to access "Privacy" -> "Activity History" in Settings but whenever I click on "Activity History" it crashed the app and it's very frustrating! This also happens elsewhere in the app, e.g. sometime in "Display". Anyone know a fix? submitted by /u/whodidthis-...
  7. My language settings keep crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    My language settings keep crashing: I've had this problem for over a year now but I kept forgetting to try to get help online when i open the time & language settings i get a loading circle and it never dissapears, if i try to click on anything at all the app freezes and i have to shut it down with task...
  8. settings app keeps crashing

settings app keeps crashing: my settings app is driving me crazy ive been trying to reset my pc but settings has been crashing so i cant. any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-keeps-crashing/f26239d3-70a5-44af-8221-a3f76460e568
  9. Settings App keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings App keeps crashing: I updated my Surface Pro yesterday, and again today and now I am having problems with my laptop freezing, randomly restarting, and the settings app keeps crashing no matter what I do. I have restarted it, turned it off and on again, and checked with Windows Security. With so...
  10. Windows keeps adding a language

Windows keeps adding a language: Hello, I'm using Windows 10 on my personal laptop, working in 2 languages - Hebrew and English. My main language is English, and I prefer to use the US keyboard QWERTY and !@#, mainly because it is also used in Hebrew with UK English dialect spelling and special words....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. settings app crashes when language is changed android