Windows 10: Help Sign in screen still there even when set to never require sign in

Discus and support Help Sign in screen still there even when set to never require sign in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Yesterday I've used a wizard to join a domain or workgroup (This PC-Right Click Propeties-Change Settings-Computer Name-Network ID) thinking that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chrisfaux, Oct 21, 2019.

1. chrisfaux Win User

Help Sign in screen still there even when set to never require sign in

Hi
    Yesterday I've used a wizard to join a domain or workgroup (This PC-Right Click Propeties-Change Settings-Computer Name-Network ID) thinking that was the only way to read my computer ID (I was wrong).

The problem is: Now every time that I turn on my PC the sign in screen show up even if I've set "Never" require sign in in the settings.

At first it needed to be connected to the internet to sign in, now not anymore after I've set up Hello PIN sign in.

Help please.

Thanks.

Chris

:)

chrisfaux, Oct 21, 2019

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 21, 2019
  3. BobHelms Win User
    After 1803 update can't set sign-in screen

Lenovo T530 laptop Windows 10 pro 1803 update. Update installed without any known problems. I cannot set the sign-in screen. Wasn't a problem until 1803 was installed. I have set the lock screen and I understood that this is / was the same as setting the sign-in screen. Anyone have any suggestions? TIA for any help.
    Bob Helms

BobHelms, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Help Sign in screen still there even when set to never require sign in

signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Help Sign in screen still there even when set to never require sign in

1. Help Sign in screen still there even when set to never require sign in - Similar Threads - Help Sign screen

2. Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In: We have a Windows 10 Pro mini PC set up to run a Novisign slide show in the main lobby of the Town Hall where I work. We want to stop it from going back to the Sign In screen every 15 minutes, but the "Never" option is missing from the Require Sign-In options and there is a...
  3. Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In: We have a Windows 10 Pro mini PC set up to run a Novisign slide show in the main lobby of the Town Hall where I work. We want to stop it from going back to the Sign In screen every 15 minutes, but the "Never" option is missing from the Require Sign-In options and there is a...
  4. Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Require sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require sign-in: I'm unable to change when my password or PIN is required to sign in. This is frankly quite annoying as my computer never leaves my house and I wish to disable password sign-in. For context, no my user account control settings are not too high and no I am not providing my...
  6. Sign in still reads "user" even when I'm signed in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in still reads "user" even when I'm signed in: Hi Guys,I'm signed in to Microsoft Account but the display name still reads "user".Please assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-still-reads-user-even-when-im-signed-in/15b576d2-7868-4309-91c1-ddcff9e9a527
  7. Require sign-in option in Sign in options roll back to "Never" randomly.

Require sign-in option in Sign in options roll back to "Never" randomly.: Hi, I recently bought this computer on Windows 10, and I quickly changed security settings : I set up a password, pin, lock screen background etc...But a settings keep changing : the one below...I always set this "require sign in" option to "When PC wakes up from sleep" but...
  8. 'Require sign-in' setting is not working

'Require sign-in' setting is not working: I don't want to sign in every time my laptop goes to sleepor when I lock screen using Win+L so I changed the setting by going in Account->Sign-in Option->Require sign-in and made it to never. But still every time I lock screen it is prompting for password.I have tried other...
  9. Something causes to deactivate "require sign in screen" setting

Something causes to deactivate "require sign in screen" setting: Hello, I have this weird problem: I wanted to protect my desktop with PIN code when I'm inactive. For example, I'm doing something in my PC and then I left it, screen went off and if someone else touches it and wakes up the monitor, I want it to be locked with my PIN code....
  10. Help Sign in screen still there even when set to never require sign in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help Sign in screen still there even when set to never require sign in: Hi Yesterday I've used a wizard to join a domain or workgroup (This PC-Right Click Propeties-Change Settings-Computer Name-Network ID) thinking that was the only way to read my computer ID (I was wrong). The problem is: Now every time that I turn on my PC the sign in screen...