Windows 10: Help Sign in screen still there even when set to never require sign in

Discus and support Help Sign in screen still there even when set to never require sign in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Yesterday I've used a wizard to join a domain or workgroup (This PC-Right Click Propeties-Change Settings-Computer Name-Network ID) thinking that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chrisfaux, Oct 21, 2019.

1. chrisfaux Win User

Help Sign in screen still there even when set to never require sign in

Hi
    Yesterday I've used a wizard to join a domain or workgroup (This PC-Right Click Propeties-Change Settings-Computer Name-Network ID) thinking that was the only way to read my computer ID (I was wrong).

The problem is: Now every time that I turn on my PC the sign in screen show up even if I've set "Never" require sign in in the settings.

At first it needed to be connected to the internet to sign in, now not anymore after I've set up Hello PIN sign in.

Help please.

Thanks.

Chris

:)

chrisfaux, Oct 21, 2019

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 21, 2019
  3. BobHelms Win User
    After 1803 update can't set sign-in screen

Lenovo T530 laptop Windows 10 pro 1803 update. Update installed without any known problems. I cannot set the sign-in screen. Wasn't a problem until 1803 was installed. I have set the lock screen and I understood that this is / was the same as setting the sign-in screen. Anyone have any suggestions? TIA for any help.
    Bob Helms

BobHelms, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Help Sign in screen still there even when set to never require sign in

signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Help Sign in screen still there even when set to never require sign in

1. Help Sign in screen still there even when set to never require sign in - Similar Threads - Help Sign screen

2. Help Sign in screen still there even when set to never require sign in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help Sign in screen still there even when set to never require sign in: Hi Yesterday I've used a wizard to join a domain or workgroup (This PC-Right Click Propeties-Change Settings-Computer Name-Network ID) thinking that was the only way to read my computer ID (I was wrong). The problem is: Now every time that I turn on my PC the sign in screen...
  3. Computer requires sign in?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Computer requires sign in?: My computer started asking for a password, although it's set to never. Also it created an account from my administrative account, and just entered a partial email address. How do I remove the requirement for a password, (it's still set to never), and how do I delete the ghost...
  4. Suddenly windows 10 asks for password when sign in and I never set it

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Suddenly windows 10 asks for password when sign in and I never set it: I never put password for sign in and im the only user for this computer. Yesterday when i switch on it asks for pw to sign in. Asked for current and create new password. I managed to put one n logon. Went to settings and disabled sign in pw. But today when i switch on, its...
  5. "Require sign-in" options, under "Settings/Account/Sign-in options" are dimmed and...

"Require sign-in" options, under "Settings/Account/Sign-in options" are dimmed and...: The options at "Require sign-in", the first setting at settings/accounts/sign-in options in Windows 10 Home ver. 1809; Build 1763253, are dimmed out. The dimmed out option on the drop down menu shows "Never", but is unchangeable. There is an accompanying message in yellow...
  6. Windows 10 Ignoring setting of "No Sign In Required"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Ignoring setting of "No Sign In Required": Window 10 Home Version 1803 OS Build 17134.523 This desktop always plugged in This is the first operating system installed on the PC new hardware. There is only one account on the PC: administrator. I've been to: Settings\SignIn Options I have checked all my power...
  7. Sign-In Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign-In Settings: Hi Everyone, I sent in my Dell XPS for repair and took off the sign in password as instructed by running netplwiz in the search bar and unchecking requirements for a password. Now that I have my computer back I re-checked the box however, in the windows settings I can't...
  8. Double sign-in required

Double sign-in required: I recently updated to Windows 10, version 1809, and I am getting the double sign-in request again even though I have turned off the option to "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart."...
  9. Where is Sign-in Screen setting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is Sign-in Screen setting?: I Simply want to know how to have a different Lock-Screen picture than my Sign-in Screen. Easy Peasy But I must be Thick. Take care All, MardyGrub....
  10. Windows 10 - Screen times out even when set to "Never".

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Screen times out even when set to "Never".: I just installed the official release of Windows 10 on five PCs. On two of the five PCs, even though I have both the Screen Saver and Screen Timeout set to "Never", Windows 10 blanks the monitor after 1 minute of inactivity. I've checked every setting I can think of and...