Windows 10: Help! Since windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 screen flashes black?

Discus and support Help! Since windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 screen flashes black? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok first of all my pc is originally windows 7 then 8.1 then 10 pro. I upgraded a day after the release. Ever since the day of the release I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dawnrenee1988, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Help! Since windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 screen flashes black?

Ok first of all my pc is originally windows 7 then 8.1 then 10 pro. I upgraded a day after the release.

Ever since the day of the release I have been having issues with a black flashing screen every once in a while sometimes a few times a day.

I will play a video on vlc media player or I will be watching a video online and all of a sudden the TV will flash a few time or it will just go black for like a minute.. And then it will come back to where it was.

And when I say TV I mean TV not a actual monitor. I have a 32" Emerson TV with 3 HDMI ports or hook ups. And I also have a VGA port as well. But I currently don't have a VGA Cord so I use my HDMI.

My pc also came with the HDMI it was not put in the pc but built in when I purchased it.

So I have not ad this problem before. And I read online at microsoft support forum that virus scanners can mess with the pc and make it flash. So I was told also by chatting with a support agent to remove all of the virus scanners that I had. And I did so I removed AVG as well as norton. I also read to remove the icloud but I could not find I cloud in the add/remove programs in the control panel and there was something else I was to stop running or remove and I did not have that ether.

So I remove my virus scanners. Plus I rolled back the drivers for my video card which I was also told to do by the support agent I was chatting with.

So now I don't know what to do.

Plus I also switched the port from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2 and there's still no difference.

Plus when it flashes off and on it dose not do it but when its off for over 30 seconds it will show a little tab on my TV showing HDMI 2. When it flashes quickly it dose not do it but longer flashes dose it.

Plus I'm not using the recommended resolution. I'm using the setting from my TVs site. My TV is a 32" Emerson and not a full HD my settings are 1360 X 768 and recommended are 1920 X 1080. Would the resolution have something to do with the flashing screen. Plus I have never used the 1360 X 768 before I only switched it after upgrading because I wanted to be able to fit the screen better.

I'm stumped I have no idea what to try next.

:)

dawnrenee1988, Sep 23, 2015

2. Flashing screen Windows 10

Screen flashing after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8.1. Cannot stop screen from showing desktop then a black screen.

DavidRobinson_1000, Sep 23, 2015
  3. LynnIvins Win User
    How to upgrade tablets and devices with little free disk space or small hard drives (32 GB or less)

This post is not really helpful. I stupidly upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 on my Toshiba Encore tablet today. After the upgrade, my screen just flashes and I cannot do anything with it. HELP!

LynnIvins, Sep 23, 2015
Thema:

Help! Since windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 screen flashes black?

1. Help! Since windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 screen flashes black? - Similar Threads - Help Since upgrade

2. Black Screen Flashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen Flashing: Hello ! Now I am not sure if this is strictly related to windows , it's just a thought ... For a few weeks I keep getting black screen from time to time , it just lasts 1-2 seconds but it's annoying as hell . I've tried updating and reinstalling my graphic card but nothing...
  3. Flashing black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flashing black screen: Hi I have an issue whereby whenever I click on something or insert a device into the USB drive my laptop screen flashes high contrast colors despite the fact that I have already disabled the feature in the settings menu....
  4. Black Screen and flashing cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen and flashing cursor: I had a malware that opened up ads in edge. I downloaded a malware remover, ran it and then restarted my pc. But it never turned on. I gets stuck at this flashing cursor. What do I do?...
  5. UltraUxThemePatcher - Recover From Black/Grey Screen - Windows 8 / 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    UltraUxThemePatcher - Recover From Black/Grey Screen - Windows 8 / 10: At first, when messing around with 3rd party themes in Windows, I thought the black/grey screen was a dead end. I actually recovered from it recently and wanted to share. This should apply to most if not all 3rd party windows theme reboot issues (UltraUxThemePatcher and...
  6. Help with windows 10 black screen.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Help with windows 10 black screen.: Hello, so I have abit of an issue. Last night I was updating some Graphics drivers (I have AMD A5 if that matters) and after this happened my computer screen just went black and has the little loading screen down the bottom. Now the weird part is that windows still exists...
  7. Black screen after 1-8 hours after use or no use

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after 1-8 hours after use or no use: Hello all, the title states it all. Out of the blue I started getting a black screen, while playing video games, or comp just sitting idle. If I'm playing a game, audio is fine after both my monitors go black for about 30 seconds, then rig reboots. Rig runs great other wise....
  8. Upgrading from Windows "8" ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Windows "8" ?: Can you get the free upgrade to Windows 10 from the original Windows 8? Or is it only 7 and 8.1? 26006
  9. Help with Windows 10 black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with Windows 10 black screen: Okay, so yesterday my PC that I ordered off cyberpowerpc came in and everything was working fine. Before I went to bed I shut it down and as soon as I woke up to turn it on and use it, it gives me nothing but a black screen. Can someone please help me because I don't want to...
  10. Windows 8 - 10 upgrade help...

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 8 - 10 upgrade help...: I have a Toshiba laptop with windows 10, and I obviously have a Microsoft account. If I buy a new laptop, will I be able to get Windows 10 on that new one? 32616