Windows 10: Help! Since windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 screen flashes black?

Discus and support Help! Since windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 screen flashes black? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok first of all my pc is originally windows 7 then 8.1 then 10 pro. I upgraded a day after the release. Ever since the day of the release I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dawnrenee1988, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Help! Since windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 screen flashes black?

Ok first of all my pc is originally windows 7 then 8.1 then 10 pro. I upgraded a day after the release.

Ever since the day of the release I have been having issues with a black flashing screen every once in a while sometimes a few times a day.

I will play a video on vlc media player or I will be watching a video online and all of a sudden the TV will flash a few time or it will just go black for like a minute.. And then it will come back to where it was.

And when I say TV I mean TV not a actual monitor. I have a 32" Emerson TV with 3 HDMI ports or hook ups. And I also have a VGA port as well. But I currently don't have a VGA Cord so I use my HDMI.

My pc also came with the HDMI it was not put in the pc but built in when I purchased it.

So I have not ad this problem before. And I read online at microsoft support forum that virus scanners can mess with the pc and make it flash. So I was told also by chatting with a support agent to remove all of the virus scanners that I had. And I did so I removed AVG as well as norton. I also read to remove the icloud but I could not find I cloud in the add/remove programs in the control panel and there was something else I was to stop running or remove and I did not have that ether.

So I remove my virus scanners. Plus I rolled back the drivers for my video card which I was also told to do by the support agent I was chatting with.

So now I don't know what to do.

Plus I also switched the port from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2 and there's still no difference.

Plus when it flashes off and on it dose not do it but when its off for over 30 seconds it will show a little tab on my TV showing HDMI 2. When it flashes quickly it dose not do it but longer flashes dose it.

Plus I'm not using the recommended resolution. I'm using the setting from my TVs site. My TV is a 32" Emerson and not a full HD my settings are 1360 X 768 and recommended are 1920 X 1080. Would the resolution have something to do with the flashing screen. Plus I have never used the 1360 X 768 before I only switched it after upgrading because I wanted to be able to fit the screen better.

I'm stumped I have no idea what to try next.

:)

dawnrenee1988, Sep 23, 2015

2. Flashing screen Windows 10

Screen flashing after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8.1. Cannot stop screen from showing desktop then a black screen.

DavidRobinson_1000, Sep 23, 2015
  3. LynnIvins Win User
    How to upgrade tablets and devices with little free disk space or small hard drives (32 GB or less)

This post is not really helpful. I stupidly upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 on my Toshiba Encore tablet today. After the upgrade, my screen just flashes and I cannot do anything with it. HELP!

LynnIvins, Sep 23, 2015
Thema:

Help! Since windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 screen flashes black?

1. Help! Since windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 screen flashes black? - Similar Threads - Help Since upgrade

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.: I have an older Laptop that I use for travel. It was my wife's old laptop. It crashed ad I had reload then it became available. OEM disks after replacing the hard drive. Now it's running 8.1. I had previously upgraded it to Widows 10 when available. It I just bought a new...
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.: I have an older Laptop that I use for travel. It was my wife's old laptop. It crashed ad I had reload then it became available. OEM disks after replacing the hard drive. Now it's running 8.1. I had previously upgraded it to Widows 10 when available. It I just bought a new...
  4. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Window 10 upgrade from 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 upgrade from 8: Can I upgrade direct from 8 to 10 I have tried updating to 8.1 but it is continually failing attached is a copy of my specs on this laptop Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-upgrade-from-8/b95452fa-dbf9-4d06-bcbe-60d52335c15a
  6. Window 10 upgrade from 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 upgrade from 8: Can I upgrade direct from 8 to 10 I have tried updating to 8.1 but it is continually failing attached is a copy of my specs on this laptop Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-upgrade-from-8/b95452fa-dbf9-4d06-bcbe-60d52335c15a
  7. Screen flashes from game to black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flashes from game to black screen: I was going to launch a game and when I did that I accidentally launched an app which then caused my screen to flicker from game to black screen and it only does it on games. I have a Radeon RX 570 Series and I have already made sure it is up to date and I have already done...
  8. upgrading to Windows 10 from 8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading to Windows 10 from 8: Hello, So I finally upgraded my dads windows 8 laptop to windows 10 because he's a stubborn old man who wouldnt do it when it was free.. That windows 8 version had face recognition password that he used to log in and cant remember the password he used to create that log...
  9. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  10. Windows 8 - 10 upgrade help...

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 8 - 10 upgrade help...: I have a Toshiba laptop with windows 10, and I obviously have a Microsoft account. If I buy a new laptop, will I be able to get Windows 10 on that new one? 32616