Windows 10: [Help] Sleep functions not working

Discus and support [Help] Sleep functions not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Monitors won't go to sleep after set time (3min). Have been coming back after 4h breaks and both monitors will be on. Last issue I have is that power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Camppe, Feb 2, 2020.

1. /u/Camppe Win User

[Help] Sleep functions not working

Monitors won't go to sleep after set time (3min). Have been coming back after 4h breaks and both monitors will be on. Last issue I have is that power save is not working. Monitors will lose signal and turn back without the PC going to sleep. Turn off/restarting my computer still works, but then I lose my opens programs tabs. Any help is appreciated thanks!!

submitted by /u/Camppe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Camppe, Feb 2, 2020

2. SHUT DOWN / SLEEP FUNCTIONS NOT WORKING

Hi Mo,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. I will do my best to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the laptop?
    • When you say ‘’trying 4 options to enable a shut down’’ which option do you exactly refer to? Are you using any third party software to shut down the computer?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps on sleep mode issue and check if this helps in resolving the issue.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 2, 2020
  3. My computer does not work with sleep function after latest Windows 10 upgrade.

Hi Florence,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

From your description, I understand your Sleep function on the PC is not working properly after upgrading to Windows 10 operating system.

Before assisting further, i would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if the sleep settings are set appropriately?

• What happens when you perform Sleep function on the PC?

You may be facing the above issue due to change in the power settings from the
    Control panel page on the PC.

If you have not fiddled with the power settings, I suggest you to change the
    Power options from Control panel settings by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Power Options and select the top most search result.

• Select Change when the computer sleeps option from the left side panel of the window.

• Set the timing from the drop down bar under
      Turn off the display
      and Put the computer to sleep options on the window.

• Click on Save changes.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 2, 2020
  4. [Help] Sleep functions not working

Sleep function does not work after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Florence,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From your description, I understand your Sleep function on the PC is not working properly after upgrading to Windows 10 operating system.

Before assisting further, i would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if the sleep settings are set appropriately?

• What happens when you perform Sleep function on the PC?

You may be facing the above issue due to change in the power settings from the
    Control panel page on the PC.

If you have not fiddled with the power settings, I suggest you to change the
    Power options from Control panel settings by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Power Options and select the top most search result.

• Select Change when the computer sleeps option from the left side panel of the window.

• Set the timing from the drop down bar under
      Turn off the display
      and Put the computer to sleep options on the window.

• Click on Save changes.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

[Help] Sleep functions not working

1. [Help] Sleep functions not working - Similar Threads - Help Sleep functions

2. Sleep and Hibernate functions not working on 20H2

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and Hibernate functions not working on 20H2: Hi,About a month ago sleep and hibernate functions have stopped working for some of the employees in the company I work for. What happens is that an employee will either leave their computer idle and instead of sleeping or hibernating, it will shut down, or, an employee will...
  3. No sleep function in windows

No sleep function in windows: Hi all, I have recently reinstalled windows to the latest Windows 10 pro with all the update, I have a RTX 3090 with the latest drivers 466.27 updated 29/04/2021I have the up-to-date mother board drivers for my B550 Aorus Master for my Ryzen 3950X CPUI have followed all...
  4. Sleep Function is not working properly

Sleep Function is not working properly: I recently upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 version20H2. I am facing a problem RELATED to sleep function. Problem ---- my laptop gets stuck on password state after it sleep. I am unable to login again unless I shutdown the System and start again. Similarly it gets...
  5. Sleep function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep function: I recently updated with KB4601050,KB4023057,KB4580325. My sleep function was working perfect before the upgrading. Now even though the setting are the same in settings, the sleep function no longer works and the PC and displays are on constantly. Looking for how to fix...
  6. Sleep function: An issue

Sleep function: An issue: Hello, Today I put my pc to sleep and all was well. But, when I went to wake it up, I noticed that my fans were turning, but I was not receiving a post. My fix was hitting the reset switch on my chassis front panel. This defeats the purpose of the sleep function because it...
  7. wake/sleep function

wake/sleep function: since your latest updates wake/sleep function wont work. my pc hp desktop 2 years old was ok before. HP tech spent hours trying to sort it .but no joy. both the tabs are ticked in device manager for mouse and keyboard. It will sleep using function and f10, but cant wake it....
  8. Windows Sleep Function

Windows Sleep Function: I have selected "sleep" after a certain period of inactivity. Though that is selected my screen goes to sleep for a short period of time then reappears, then goes to sleep again? This is repetitive ever 5 or so minutes??? Something is causing the screen to come out of...
  9. Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options

Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options: We have multiple computers with windows in the same room. See photo; Computer on the left does not have a sleep option, the computer on the right does. Left Computer is ALWAYS backlit. How do we fix this? [ATTACH]...
  10. Disable Hybrid Sleep function no longer working

Disable Hybrid Sleep function no longer working: Since the 19th when my computer installed the following updates Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3135173) Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package (KB3119142) Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for...