Windows 10: Help Slow boot!!

Discus and support Help Slow boot!! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Samsung 860 evo 500 gb. It usually boots windows in about 15 seconds. However out of no where it started taking me to a black loading screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/okayyeahok, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Help Slow boot!!

I have a Samsung 860 evo 500 gb. It usually boots windows in about 15 seconds. However out of no where it started taking me to a black loading screen that takes about a minute to get through before it finally finishes booting. The slow boot time happened all at once not slowly over time. It’s been doing this for months now. Pls help.

submitted by /u/okayyeahok
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/okayyeahok, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Slow boot

Hi Craig,

Boot performance may slow can be due to corruptions. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried booting up your laptop in Safe Mode and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Aug 13, 2020
  3. zinou Win User
    Win10 Slow boot time. Help debug with Windows Performance Analyzer

Hi,

I think that the issue is caused by the "Generic HDD SCSI Disk Device" driver

Help Slow boot!! [​IMG]

you have 8 disk drive attached to your computer:
    1. Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB
    2. Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
    3. ST4000DM004-2CV104
    4. TOSHIBA DT01ACA200
    5. WDC WD20EARX-008FB0
    6. Generic HDD SCSI Disk Device
    7. Seagate BUP BK SCSI Disk Device
    8. Kingston DT Elite G2 USB Device

I would suggest you uninstall the Generic driver from the device manager;
    • Open device manager and display the hidden devices;
    • Generic "HDD SCSI Disk Device" under disk driver and uninstall it.

Help Slow boot!! [​IMG]

zinou, Aug 13, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

Help Slow boot!!

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Help Slow boot!!

1. Help Slow boot!! - Similar Threads - Help Slow boot

2. SLOW BOOT WIN 11 - PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SLOW BOOT WIN 11 - PLEASE HELP!: Hi,I installed Windows 11 on my pc a few months later, and the boot time was really good, it almost booted up in 20/10 secs.But now it almost takes 10 mins to boot. The performance is the same, it is not affected, But the Boot time is affected.Any fix?#Microsoft...
  3. SLOW BOOT WIN 11 - PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SLOW BOOT WIN 11 - PLEASE HELP!: Hi,I installed Windows 11 on my pc a few months later, and the boot time was really good, it almost booted up in 20/10 secs.But now it almost takes 10 mins to boot. The performance is the same, it is not affected, But the Boot time is affected.Any fix?#Microsoft...
  4. Slow boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow boot: Hello everyonePlease I need help, in windows 7, I know it's dated but the 'starting windows logo' part takes way longer after installing a lot of performance and sercuirty updates, welcome part is pretty fast but starting windows takes around 2 minutes, please help. Deleting...
  5. Slow boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot: Please, my booting very slow, what can i do to it to make boot faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-boot/31aa9b5a-44ac-4968-a391-e0753744d8d9
  6. Slow boot at startup(I need help!)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow boot at startup(I need help!): Hello everyone, I have problem with my brother's computer - it's booting too slow(45 seconds). He has got M.2 drive so I think it should boots in about 5-15 seconds. The computer is new(he has got it for one month), but my brother has downloaded a trojan while this...
  7. slow boot

slow boot: hello everyone, the build number of the system is 19042.546 ssd on the slot m2 is patriot viper vpn 100 1 TB i am sending the file from windows performance recorder it happens from the second start after a clean installation link here...
  8. Help: Slow boot after cooler swap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help: Slow boot after cooler swap: Just recently i swapped the stock Ryzen 5 3600x cooler for the new BeQuiet Shadow Rock 3. I took the Cpu out of the sockle to clean of the old thermal paste, put it back in and applied the new paste. Ever since then the Boot times have significantly increased from around 30...
  9. Windows 10 Slow boot plz help

Windows 10 Slow boot plz help: Hello, so windows 10 takes 15 mins to boot. the booting logo is laggy and moves in a circle slowly. it used to boot within 10 seconds, i have tried these fixes to no avail - Disable/enable fast startup - Edit virtual memory - reset BIOS to reccomended - disable all start up...
  10. SLOW BOOT help pls

SLOW BOOT help pls: bought a brand new laptop with windows 10...whenever i boot the laptop it takes around 1-2 minutes to get to the windows screen..there's this random black screen with only cursor being responsive at some point before login for quite some time through the boot process...atfer...