Windows 10: Help. some of my picture files got ext .ADAME

Discus and support Help. some of my picture files got ext .ADAME in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Suddenly, some if not all or most of my picture files got extension .adame and now look like this [img] All have same date and time stamp. Remaining... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CountMike, Nov 25, 2019.

1. CountMike Win User

Help. some of my picture files got ext .ADAME

Suddenly, some if not all or most of my picture files got extension .adame and now look like this

Help. some of my picture files got ext .ADAME [​IMG]

All have same date and time stamp. Remaining them makes them unusable.

:)

CountMike, Nov 25, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. IanPrytz Win User
    opening files with .EXT extension

I'm running Windows 8.1 and am trying to open a file with .EXT as its extension.Windows media player is my default app for this extension but it can't/won't open it.Any suggestions??

IanPrytz, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Help. some of my picture files got ext .ADAME - Similar Threads - Help picture files

2. I got my files back, Some of my files lost for moving them into temp files got back after...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I got my files back, Some of my files lost for moving them into temp files got back after...: I moved my files into temp because I didn't know happen after used shutdown /r because I thought my files are gone and I need to move them. After restart I got all of my files back but still lost documents, desktop, downloads anyways to get them back? I searched in TEMP but...
  3. I got my files back, Some of my files lost for moving them into temp files got back after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got my files back, Some of my files lost for moving them into temp files got back after...: I moved my files into temp because I didn't know happen after used shutdown /r because I thought my files are gone and I need to move them. After restart I got all of my files back but still lost documents, desktop, downloads anyways to get them back? I searched in TEMP but...
  4. I got my files back, Some of my files lost for moving them into temp files got back after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Some files help needed.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some files help needed.: Ok so currently I’m following a tutorial on how to download Minecraft stuff (not important) and I’ve recently wiped and reset my computer and before when I used to download and open the files, from what I can remember they just opened and showed their window but now after the...
  6. I just got hit with Ransomware ADAME

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I just got hit with Ransomware ADAME: All of my files on my external hard drive just got encrypted. I removed all of the viruses with malwarebytes, but now every single one of my files have the extension " .id[42B18849-2275].[[email protected]].Adame " Is there any way to remove the extension and recover my...
  7. .adame ransomeware decryption tool required.

.adame ransomeware decryption tool required.: All my files encrypted by a ransomware with .adame. please let me know any decryption tool that can help me get back my files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/adame-ransomeware-decryption-tool-required/810e14bb-678f-463c-8e39-aed55425d5ef
  8. Adame Virus File Recovery

Adame Virus File Recovery: To the Microsoft Community! My name is Tony and I've recently got attacked by a virus called Adame. Apparently its purpose was to encrypt files that you use on a daily basis. I can't access them so I need some assistant in figuring out a way to unlock the files back. Here...
  9. Ext HDD Can't remove file

in Windows 10 Support
    Ext HDD Can't remove file: Win10 1903 64 On my Ext HDD I have a windows.old file that was backed up before. I have tried resetting all the permissions and ownership but no luck. Every time I try to delete it, it begins...gets to 99% and then stops. I even tried moving it back to my pcPC from which it...
  10. Help with pictures files

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with pictures files: Hi there, I can call up my pictures files individually but I cannot open any single picture by clicking on it, why?, can you help?. 68826