Windows 10: Help! Some of these buttons refuse to work

Discus and support Help! Some of these buttons refuse to work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cheeseandspicytaco [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cheeseandspicytaco, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Help! Some of these buttons refuse to work

/u/cheeseandspicytaco, Jul 6, 2020

2. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Jul 6, 2020
  3. mdmike52 Win User
    "All apps" Button not working - Where are links stored?

At some point my "All apps" button has stopped working. Clicking on it causes the apps list to flash very very briefly then dumps me back to home screen. Everything else seems to work OK.
    Anyone know where the links in that list of apps is stored? I'm thinking one of the links is broken causing the whole list to shut down, and if I remove links from the list one by one I can find it. That's the only thing I can think to try.
    Unfortunately no restore points exist and Repair tools like Startup Repair Etc. does not help.
    Any other Ideas / Suggestions would also be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mike

mdmike52, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Help! Some of these buttons refuse to work

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Help! Some of these buttons refuse to work

1. Help! Some of these buttons refuse to work - Similar Threads - Help buttons refuse

2. My Start Button, Settings and some other Apps are not working PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Start Button, Settings and some other Apps are not working PLEASE HELP: The Windows start button as well as the Windows Store app and the Email App plus the Action center won't work. Whenever I try to click on the Email button it shows Explorer.exe Class not found. But I also can't look at the calendar either or get to my settings. In order to...
  3. My Start Button, Settings and some other Apps are not working PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Start Button, Settings and some other Apps are not working PLEASE HELP: The Windows start button as well as the Windows Store app and the Email App plus the Action center won't work. Whenever I try to click on the Email button it shows Explorer.exe Class not found. But I also can't look at the calendar either or get to my settings. In order to...
  4. Microsoft Store refuses to work! Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store refuses to work! Please help!: I've had an issue with Microsoft Store for days now. One day, without prior issue, it just refused to open. I thought I had done something wrong, so I used a restore point to about a week beforehand, but it was still refusing to work. I figured I may need to reset the system,...
  5. Microsoft Store refuses to work! Please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store refuses to work! Please help!: I've had an issue with Microsoft Store for days now. One day, without prior issue, it just refused to open. I thought I had done something wrong, so I used a restore point to about a week beforehand, but it was still refusing to work. I figured I may need to reset the system,...
  6. Microsoft Store refuses to work! Please help!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Some buttons didn't work in the keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some buttons didn't work in the keyboard: The 'e','g','h','fn', and some numbers in number pad did not work in my device since 10 months. I am typing this with external keyboard. I don't know how to solve this issue. And many of my friends and neighbor's are also fading this issue especially with windows device. Glad...
  8. Some buttons didn't work in the keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some buttons didn't work in the keyboard: The 'e','g','h','fn', and some numbers in number pad did not work in my device since 10 months. I am typing this with external keyboard. I don't know how to solve this issue. And many of my friends and neighbor's are also fading this issue especially with windows device. Glad...
  9. Some buttons didn't work in the keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Help Button Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help Button Does Not Work: Hey so my windows 10 help button does not work https://i.imgur.com/GSyaL7Z.png . I click it and even spam click but nothing will make it open. I also updated my windows 10 laptop also but still wont work and also turned on my windows 10 antivirus stuff that I had off for a...