Windows 10: HELP! Sound no longer working normally in Windows 10

Discus and support HELP! Sound no longer working normally in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I bought my PC 5 days ago. It was working perfectly normal - sound and everything. 2 days ago however, I started to hear glitches. My sound will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/heftypies, Jun 2, 2020.

1. HELP! Sound no longer working normally in Windows 10

I bought my PC 5 days ago. It was working perfectly normal - sound and everything. 2 days ago however, I started to hear glitches. My sound will disconnect for a split second and connect back, constantly interrupting whatever I'm doing. It turns out that the audio output keeps toggling between the 'Realtek Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output'. Upon closer inspection, it seems that Windows is constantly changing the default audio output to either one of them.

I have tried the following solutions to no avail:
    1) disable all audio outputs except the one I'm using. The audio will toggle between what I'm using and nothingness. It's just constant interruption.
    2) Updating drivers
    3) Re-installing Realtek drivers completely

I am back to square one. Please help me!!! I can't play games or do anything in peace. Please help me!

submitted by /u/heftypies
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/heftypies, Jun 2, 2020

2. Reset sound config to normal windows vista?

I was screwin around with settings to get a guitar to work. and after failing my mic no longer works. the mic itself does work i tried on my laptop. i was wondering if theres a way i can set the windows sound config in control panel to defaults. see if that helps.

Open for other suggestions.

Thanks.

Right now the microphone says "ready" on it. but when i rub it or talk, no movement in the sound bar.

Hybrid_theory, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Sound issues speakers and center no longer works in Windows 10

Hi Cook,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter
    Method 2.

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Method 3:

No sound in Windows.

Refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/no-sound-help#no-sound=windows-8&v1h=win8tab4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

HELP! Sound no longer working normally in Windows 10

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

HELP! Sound no longer working normally in Windows 10

1. HELP! Sound no longer working normally in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - HELP Sound longer

2. Windows 10 Latest Update - Sound driver no longer working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Latest Update - Sound driver no longer working: I’ve recently done a full reset on my Toshiba Satellite C50D-A-13B and installed the latest version of windows 10 (Version 2004 10.0.19041 build 19041) and as a result my sound driver is no longer working. I’ve tried installing several sound drivers now but to no avail. The...
  3. sound no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound no longer working: sound on my computer no longer working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-no-longer-working/3e658450-b4fb-4c9c-9887-a37e2dfcaa4a
  4. Sound is no longer working

Sound is no longer working: When I got onto my PC today my sound was no longer working through my Sound Blaster.[ATTACH] That is what I see when I launch the Sound Blaster Z-Series Control Panel. I can still get sound if I plug my headset in or if I move the audio jack from the Sound Blaster hardware...
  5. 7.1 Sound no longer working after Windows 10 update.

7.1 Sound no longer working after Windows 10 update.: My HTPC used to function perfectly until a Windows 10 update/version changed that. Each time a new version comes out I do a fresh install, so I can get WMC working again. I am now at version 20H2. When I do a fresh install, Windows installs 2 choices for audio 1 is Samsung...
  6. Windows 10 Camera App - video sound no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Camera App - video sound no longer working: Starting yesterday afternoon, the sound while recording a video on the Windows 10 Camera App stopped working. Was working in the morning, then it stopped. I didn't change any settings that I can recall. I've installed another camera app and the sound on the video recording...
  7. Windows system sounds are no longer working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows system sounds are no longer working: A couple of days ago out if sudden Windows 10 system sounds stopped working"Notification sound, navigation sound, etc.". I did everything that could be done, I uninstalled the audio driver and reinstalled it, I updated the drivers, I installed Windows updates, I checked...
  8. sound no longer working

sound no longer working: I have no sound after update running the sound check I am told no devises are installed??- 2 days ago it all worked perfectly and now no driver etc. can be found? windows encountered a problem installing driver for the devise??? help please......
  9. Software that used to work in Windows 10 NO LONGER WORKS!! - Help!

Software that used to work in Windows 10 NO LONGER WORKS!! - Help!: Ok, I use my HP Envy Laptop PRIMARILY for work - telecommute. I work in AP so I do a lot of printing, scanning, pdf's, downloading, uploading and so on. My laptop came preinstalled with Windows 10 and all of these issues are supposed to work in Windows 10 and did, at one...
  10. windows 10 default sounds no longer working

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 default sounds no longer working: The speakers do work in other apps such as video or YouTube or online films or when I double click a wav file in the C:\Windows\media location where the Windows Default looks for sounds, but only do not work with Windows Program Events such as found in the Windows Default...