Windows 10: Help! Speakers in laptop not working and is not detected!

Discus and support Help! Speakers in laptop not working and is not detected! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I thought this would be easy, but it is not. I accidentally disabled my stereo speakers and can't find it in device manager. Can someone please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by YassinElabbasy, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Help! Speakers in laptop not working and is not detected!

I thought this would be easy, but it is not. I accidentally disabled my stereo speakers and can't find it in device manager. Can someone please help me?

:)

YassinElabbasy, Oct 28, 2020
  2. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Help! Speakers in laptop not working and is not detected!

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Help! Speakers in laptop not working and is not detected!

1. Help! Speakers in laptop not working and is not detected! - Similar Threads - Help Speakers laptop

2. Headphones detected as Speakers, please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones detected as Speakers, please help.: I have recently bought a Corsair HS80 USB and could not find out how to fix the bad playback quality. At first, I thought it was the headphones causing the problem, but it wasn't. I have tried everything I can think of to fix the quality but found no solution. I was this...
  3. Headphones detected as Speakers, please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones detected as Speakers, please help.: I have recently bought a Corsair HS80 USB and could not find out how to fix the bad playback quality. At first, I thought it was the headphones causing the problem, but it wasn't. I have tried everything I can think of to fix the quality but found no solution. I was this...
  4. Laptop won't detect speaker and mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop won't detect speaker and mic: I run W10 on a Dell Inspiron laptop. Today, my laptop stopped recognizing my speaker and mic. I had just installed update KB5016616, and now my laptop won't detect my speaker and mic. I uninstalled what I think to be the device inquest and rebooted; the driver came back, but...
  5. Laptop won't detect speaker and mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't detect speaker and mic: I run W10 on a Dell Inspiron laptop. Today, my laptop stopped recognizing my speaker and mic. I had just installed update KB5016616, and now my laptop won't detect my speaker and mic. I uninstalled what I think to be the device inquest and rebooted; the driver came back, but...
  6. Laptop won't detect speaker and mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Speakers not detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Speakers not detected: Just updated Windows 10 and again it makes my laptop not detect its internal speakers. This happened after the last update and reinstalling audio and sound drivers worked, but not this time. Laptop is not even detecting its own internal speakers as an option....
  8. Headphone detected as speaker and mic not working

Headphone detected as speaker and mic not working: My headphone was working well previously but after i plugged in my PS4 controller i think it just override the software or something. I used to be able to listen and talk with this headphone and in the sound playback panel it will be detected as KZ earphone but now it is...
  9. Laptop speakers not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop speakers not working: Howdy folks, So my little brother has an HP EliteBook with Windows 10 and I just got him to install Discord on it to talk to me. However, his laptop will not play sound. It does take input from the microphone but will put nothing out. I tried updating the drivers and turning...
  10. Speakers not detected

Speakers not detected: My speakers,in the morning was fine,but now it's gone!It started with the Settings app not opening the sound panel,then the speaker name not appearing in the taskbar volume switch,and now it thinks there is no speaker!The speaker is named High Definition Audio Device and is a...