Windows 10: Help split tunneling PPTP VPN on Windows 10

Discus and support Help split tunneling PPTP VPN on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, to work at home my job has provided me with a VPN and .rdp file to remote into my work computer. I cannot change VPN protocols, we are using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BPPWin, Aug 25, 2020.

1. BPPWin Win User

Help split tunneling PPTP VPN on Windows 10

Hi all, to work at home my job has provided me with a VPN and .rdp file to remote into my work computer. I cannot change VPN protocols, we are using PPTP and that's how they'll keep it for another decade probably. I've tried split tunneling myself but it's something too confusing for me since there's no "easy way" like just choosing the application I want to be routed through the VPN while ignoring others. If someone could please help me with this and resolve this problem, that'd be perfect. Thank you!

:)

BPPWin, Aug 25, 2020

2. PPTP VPN

I just installed and configured a PPTP VPN on a Centos 6 VM and it works very well.

You will need ppp and pptpd installed as well as "Development Tools"

You will need to ensure ip_forwarding is enabled in sysctl.conf

You will want to add the appropriate iptables rules for port 1723.

Finally will want to set your IP range for tunneling, point to googles DNS (optional) and add usernames/password.

I highly recommend this if you are like me and like to VPN using wireless from an untrusted location.

Easy Rhino, Aug 25, 2020
  3. ShyamC Win User
    Public IP Addresses / Ranges of Microsoft Windows Update Services for VPN Split Tunnelling

Hi, We are looking for public IP Addresses / Ranges of Microsoft Windows Update Services for VPN Split Tunnelling. Requirement is specifically for Split Tunnleing for devices using Cisco ASA VPN. Configuring the Split Tunnel for Windows Updates will allow
    VPN users to download the updates directly from Microsoft site and will save some corporate bandwidth.

Below are the URLs we are looking Public IPs or ranges for:

Note: Cisco ASA has limitation and cannot configure wildcard URLs.

ShyamC, Aug 25, 2020
  4. me_three Win User

Is there a more effificent way to connect to VPN tunnels?

Previously, after creating the PPTP VPN tunnel, you could connect to the tunnel by clicking on the network connection icon, selecting the tunnel, and then connect. Now, I have to click on the network connection icon, click on the tunnel to take me to
    the VPN window, select the same tunnel again, and then select connect. There has to be a more efficient way?

me_three, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Help split tunneling PPTP VPN on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Help split tunneling

2. How to make OneDrive bypass VPN Connectivity - Split Tunneling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make OneDrive bypass VPN Connectivity - Split Tunneling: By default my VPN controls my PC's program internet activity when enabled as it's supposed to. If I choose to do so, I can specify which program I want to ignore the VPN in the VPN's "Split Tunnel" settings, and therefore run that program without a VPN example: if my VPN...
  3. How to make OneDrive bypass VPN Connectivity - Split Tunneling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make OneDrive bypass VPN Connectivity - Split Tunneling: By default my VPN controls my PC's program internet activity when enabled as it's supposed to. If I choose to do so, I can specify which program I want to ignore the VPN in the VPN's "Split Tunnel" settings, and therefore run that program without a VPN example: if my VPN...
  4. How to make OneDrive bypass VPN Connectivity - Split Tunneling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. PPTP VPN won't connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PPTP VPN won't connect: So today I decided to use Windows built-in VPN where you get the IP address, username and password from a certain website. You see, sometimes when I use the PPTP protocol it will randomly fail to connect for a day and goes back to normal in the next day. The error message is...
  6. PPTP VPN won't connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PPTP VPN won't connect: So today I decided to use Windows built-in VPN where you get the IP address, username and password from a certain website. You see, sometimes when I use the PPTP protocol it will randomly fail to connect for a day and goes back to normal in the next day. The error message is...
  7. PPTP VPN won't connect

8. Auto Connect PPTP VPN in Windows 10

Auto Connect PPTP VPN in Windows 10: I was not able to find a way to do this on these forums, but it seems lots of people are asking this question. I started with this thread on Expertsexchange https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/28808999/Auto-Start-VPN-when-windows-10-starts.html I used the task...
  9. PPTP VPN setup

PPTP VPN setup: The connection is between my Win10 laptop (build 10586.71) and my home Buffalo router. The connection worked fine before from Windows 7, and it still works via my android phone (6.0.1). But now, when I try to connect, I get "The PPP link control protocol was terminated."...
  10. PPTP VPN setup

PPTP VPN setup: The connection is between my Win10 laptop (build 10586.71) and my home Buffalo router. The connection worked fine before from Windows 7, and it still works via my android phone (6.0.1). But now, when I try to connect, I get "The PPP link control protocol was terminated."...