Windows 10: [HELP] ssd Boot times sometime longer

Discus and support [HELP] ssd Boot times sometime longer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Usual I have this boot time: 13.5 seconds. But sometimes my pc needs 20.4 seconds. I got these times from the bios time in the task manager. Does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ExistingBranch, Jun 21, 2020.

1. [HELP] ssd Boot times sometime longer

Usual I have this boot time: 13.5 seconds.

But sometimes my pc needs 20.4 seconds. I got these times from the bios time in the task manager. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

submitted by /u/ExistingBranch
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ExistingBranch, Jun 21, 2020

2. Unable to boot Windows after cloning it to SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC after cloning Windows to new SSD. I would like to know what happens when you try to boot the PC to desktop using SSD?

The reason you are not able to boot the PC is that the files required to boot Windows are still recognizing the HDD as the main drive. I would suggest you to try rebuilding the BCD files and see if you are able to boot the PC using
    SSD.

Kindly follow the steps below to rebuild the BCD.

1. Create a bootable media and boot the PC using the media.
    2. On the Install Windows screen, select Next >
      Repair your computer.
    3. On the System Recovery Options screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    4. Now type in the commands and hit enter: BOOTREC /FIXMBR

BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

BOOTREC /scanos

BOOTREC /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 21, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jun 21, 2020
  4. HairyFool Win User

[HELP] ssd Boot times sometime longer

Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

[HELP] ssd Boot times sometime longer

1. [HELP] ssd Boot times sometime longer - Similar Threads - HELP ssd Boot

2. SSD no longer boots up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD no longer boots up: I had something weird happen. I was running a Windows 10 laptop with a one-month-old SSD. It was running excellently. I later booted from a portable Windows 11 OS on a flash drive. The Windows 11 OS displayed that there was a disk error on my SSD and automatically went to fix...
  3. SSD no longer boots up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD no longer boots up: I had something weird happen. I was running a Windows 10 laptop with a one-month-old SSD. It was running excellently. I later booted from a portable Windows 11 OS on a flash drive. The Windows 11 OS displayed that there was a disk error on my SSD and automatically went to fix...
  4. SSD no longer boots up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. SSD no longer a boot device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD no longer a boot device: Yesterday my PC was working fine but I recieved a pop up to restart my device to repair the disk, but I could restart later and I could still do anything I wanted on the computer. On restart there was a long period repairing files and now my PC will only boot to my old HDD...
  6. My Cloned SSD is no longer booting.

My Cloned SSD is no longer booting.: win10 pro ver 2004bld 19041.264 Holla Hombres, I've cloned and been using a Crucial 1T SSD for a few days. It replaces a 500G Seagate that was doing just fine but couldn't resist the upgrade. And yes it was awesome... for a while. I used Macrium to clone and it left half the...
  7. Windows 10 sometimes boots sometimes does not on SSD.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 sometimes boots sometimes does not on SSD.: Used MediaCreationTool2004 on a Verbatim 8gb USB. Someone asked me to fix a laptop which has problems booting. At first, when turned on it gave me the 0x0000185 error. I tried booting from the EFI file which booted the system properly. So I went on and copied user's...
  8. booting to ssd help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    booting to ssd help: i have a computer with several drives. I have windows 10 Enterprise version 1803 booting on my 1TB HDD. It is getting full and i want to boot to my 125gb SSD and have just windows on it because its a little slow and windows forces an update every week and it breaks my entire...
  9. slow boot time on ssd

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    slow boot time on ssd: Hi all, I know there are a wide range of posts about this issue but I couldn't find any direct solution.. I have a laptop with i7 8750h, 16gb ram and 512gb intel 7600p ssd. Boot time takes about 50 seconds, some times 40. Here is the link of Windows Performance Recorder test...
  10. SSD drive no longer available in boot selections.

SSD drive no longer available in boot selections.: On start up I get a message that no OS can be found. The SSD drive, id'd as drive zero, is present in the advanced sata configuration secton of bios (3402). It is also available in the boot override portion of the boot section. It does not show up as a selection in any of...