Windows 10: Help starting Remote access connection manager for uni VPN.

Discus and support Help starting Remote access connection manager for uni VPN. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Following scenario: I would like to use my unis VPN to access the online library etc. They give a guide on how to do so. (I would link the original,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/downstairs_annie, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Help starting Remote access connection manager for uni VPN.

Following scenario: I would like to use my unis VPN to access the online library etc. They give a guide on how to do so. (I would link the original, but it’s German.) Internet options -> Connections-> add VPN. So far everything works. Add in sever name, then go to settings -> properties. And at this point I get the error message: „Cannot load the remote access connection manager service. Error 1068: The depended Service or group failed to start.“ I cannot connect to the VPN.

So I looked up the error and dependencies. This link by Microsoft support helped. (The other 2 links don’t lead to anything for me.)I checked, and started all necessary services. They all started fine. Still the same error though, when trying to start the RAS. „Windows could not start the remote access connection manager service on local computer. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.“

So I double checked within the local services and looked at dependencies tab of the „Remote access connection manager properties (local computer)“. And there it says, that the RAS directly depends on the dns client and secure socket tunneling protocol service. Pic. The socket works fine, but the DNS client is all greyed out and set to disabled. I can’t start it at all, or edit the settings to start it.

So... I tried to change that. I googled again. This was helpful. Other links said the same thing. So I changed it with the registry editor. The start value was set to 4, which is deactivated according to that. 2 should be autostart, 3 manual. When I changed that, I could see manual/automatic written within the services tab. Pic

I can now say start on the dnsclient, but get the following error: „windows could not start the DNS client service on local computer. Error 1058: The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices accosiated with it.“ Googling that has not really yielded anything useful. Most people are trying to disable it apparently? I can flush the dns cache in the prompt with ipconfig /flushdns, but I can’t display it with ipconfig /displadns. It says windows ip config could not display the dns resolver Cache. I also can’t stop or start it there.

I rebooted my laptop multiple times during this. No changes, all errors stayed the same.

Any idea on how I can setup my VPN? I am kinda pretty much completely lost.

submitted by /u/downstairs_annie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/downstairs_annie, Dec 19, 2019
  2. mlee49 Win User

help to remote connect

No need to setup a permanent remote connection for FB add-on's. I'd suggest Team Viewer. It's free and will allow you to access his pc safely and take control.

mlee49, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Remote Access Connection Manager

Hi

My "Remote Access Connection Manager" service wont start on my PC due to "Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

I am not able to start the service due to the "Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service" not running. But this service decides to start and stop for some obscure (but I am sure valid) reason. I need to setup a VPN to be able to connect to a remote computer
    and I am not having much luck with the Windows 10 offering. All existing posts refer to versions like Vista and Windows 8 etc, thus the re-post. I have Cisco VPN software installed, Shrewsoft VPN software installed, these are working.

This networking stuff is the dark arts!

RobinPooley, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Help starting Remote access connection manager for uni VPN.

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Help starting Remote access connection manager for uni VPN.

1. Help starting Remote access connection manager for uni VPN. - Similar Threads - Help starting Remote

2. Cannot get Remote Access Connection Manager to start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get Remote Access Connection Manager to start.: Throws the following error when I try to start the service.When I go to Event Viewer, I see the following:"The Remote Access Connection Manager service depends on the Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service service which failed to start because of the following error: The...
  3. Cannot get Remote Access Connection Manager to start.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot get Remote Access Connection Manager to start.: Throws the following error when I try to start the service.When I go to Event Viewer, I see the following:"The Remote Access Connection Manager service depends on the Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service service which failed to start because of the following error: The...
  4. Cannot get Remote Access Connection Manager to start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. VPN Connects but cannot access remote network.

VPN Connects but cannot access remote network.: I am connecting to a remote network via VPN. I can make the connection but cannot access the remote's local network even though I have allowed access on the Server's Incoming setting. The login account has read/write permissions to the local shares. Both Remote and Client...
  6. VPN remote access

VPN remote access: Hi all, I am new to the platform. I was very excited to find the group. I've been given a situation of cleaning up a contractors config and they arent being very forthcoming, so any assistance is greatly appreciated. I have a situation with WIndows 10 pro laptops with mapped...
  7. VPN Connected but Remote Server Not Connected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPN Connected but Remote Server Not Connected: elloI Purchase HP Laptop Spectre Windows 10 Home editionNow My PC Configuration VPN in My Machine, Also Update Group Policy Configuration Then I want to connect remote server in my office PC then Getting ErrorPlease Check it and give me feed back ThanksAlpesh Patel...
  8. VPN - the remote connection was not made because the name of the remote access server did...

VPN - the remote connection was not made because the name of the remote access server did...: I am having trouble connecting remotely to my server through the VPN, it has no router, it is a small network. I keep getting this message: The remote connection was not made because the name of the remote access server did not resolve! is this issue on the server side? I am...
  9. VPN and remote access

VPN and remote access: Hello all, It is possible to VPN to a secondary network while using my local network's internet connection AND keep the ability to remote to machines on the secondary network? Accomplishing the first two steps in not and issue....
  10. Remote Access Connection Manager Fails To Start

Remote Access Connection Manager Fails To Start: Windows 10 Pro, with latest updates, on a corporate domain. I am unable to use my VPN as the Remote Access Connection Manager service is not running, despite being set to start automatically. If I try to start it manually I get an error saying that it could not be started...