Windows 10: Help Stop 10 From Signing Me Into My Microsoft Account

Discus and support Help Stop 10 From Signing Me Into My Microsoft Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Long story short, This is not a video card issue. Virgin install of Windows 10 (1909 18363.720), Offline Account. Every time I update to the latest... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BoSven, Mar 20, 2020.

1. BoSven Win User

Help Stop 10 From Signing Me Into My Microsoft Account

Long story short,

This is not a video card issue.

Virgin install of Windows 10 (1909 18363.720), Offline Account.

Every time I update to the latest Nvidia drivers for my GTX 1060, I reboot, and when the system comes back
    up, Windows 10 pops up an annoying box stating that, "Nvidia Control Panel" is either missing, or, not installed.

After enough times of ignoring that popup, I finally clicked on it today. It takes you to the Microsoft Store, where
    you can download, for free, the missing Nvidia Control Panel, (which in my opinion should have been installed with the latest drivers from Nvidia).

But to download it for free, you have to sign in to the Microsoft Store with your Microsoft credentials. So, I did. Herein
    begins the problem.

Now, every time I start Windows 10, my Microsoft Outlook picture is where the, "HERO" image always was. Also, if i click the Start menu, and go up the far left hand side to my Microsoft Account picture and click on it, I am given an option to, "Sign Out".

Sign Out??!! I never signed in. I don't want to be signed in.

As well as a plethora of other oddities that I am noticing now, that was not there prior to me signing into the Microsoft Store. Such as now, Skype is getting started at start up, and i'm already signed into it. I wasn't even using Skype, where did that come from. I can only imagine what all other things have happened that I am not aware of.

Seriously, all this just from using my Microsoft credentials to download that Nvidia Control Panel?

So, ultimately, how do I reverse all this?

I went into settings, completely deleted any accounts showing there. I have it set to start as a Local account instead, still no good. I am still getting my Microsoft Account picture on startup, still given an opportunity to Sign Out, and Skype is still loading on Startup.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

BoSven, Mar 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 won't allow me to "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead"

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

Before we proceed, I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message when you try to Switch to Microsoft account?

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

I Suggest you to start the "Microsoft account sign in assistant" service and check if it helps. If its already started then stop it and restart the service.To do so,follow the steps below:

• Type services in the search bar.
    • Select Microsoft account sign in assistant service.
    • Right click on Microsoft account sign in assistant
      and click stop to stop the service.
    • Right click on Microsoft account sign in assistant
      again and click restart to start the service.

Method 2

I suggest you to create a local admin account and then switch to microsoft account and check if it helps:

Please follow the link below:

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Follow the steps below to convert a local account to Microsoft Account:

• Press “Windows + I” keys to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Tap or click Switch to a Microsoft account and follow the on screen instructions.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Mar 20, 2020
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Help Stop 10 From Signing Me Into My Microsoft Account :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Help Stop 10 From Signing Me Into My Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Help Stop Signing

2. Need help signing into my microsoft account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need help signing into my microsoft account.: I am trying to login to microsoft with my student email in order to see all my emails from teachers and to be able to send emails. I know my password, but when I put it in it says I need to verify my identity and the only option is to text a code to a phone number that I no...
  3. Need help signing into my microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help signing into my microsoft account.: I am trying to login to microsoft with my student email in order to see all my emails from teachers and to be able to send emails. I know my password, but when I put it in it says I need to verify my identity and the only option is to text a code to a phone number that I no...
  4. Need help signing into my microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 not letting me sign into my Microsoft account

Windows 10 not letting me sign into my Microsoft account: I recently had a power issue where my PC is and when the issue was fixed, I tried logging into my account and found that I had lost my pin and had to use my Microsoft Password to sign in. I tried using it, and it said that the password was incorrect. So I attempted reseting...
  6. My Dell computer won't allow me to sign into any of my Microsoft accounts! Help!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Dell computer won't allow me to sign into any of my Microsoft accounts! Help!!: I just recently updated my computer from a less recent Windows 10 update at least I think so and it reset everything. I tried to sign in using my Microsoft account, but it kept saying that my password was incorrect when I'm 100% it was not incorrect. I tried resetting my...
  7. My Dell computer won't allow me to sign into any of my Microsoft accounts! Help!!

My Dell computer won't allow me to sign into any of my Microsoft accounts! Help!!: I just recently updated my computer from a less recent Windows 10 update at least I think so and it reset everything. I tried to sign in using my Microsoft account, but it kept saying that my password was incorrect when I'm 100% it was not incorrect. I tried resetting my...
  8. Stop Cortana from Asking Me to Sign In

in Cortana
    Stop Cortana from Asking Me to Sign In: How do I get Cortana to stop popping up and asking me to sign in on my Windows 10 Pro desktop PC? I had to reinstall Windows 10 and this is getting really annoying have this box pop up over and over asking me to sign in. I don't even have a microphone attached to my PC. I've...
  9. windows 10 keeps asking me to sign in with my microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows 10 keeps asking me to sign in with my microsoft account: I newly installed Windows 10 Home on my granddaughter's computer. I couldn't find a way to enable a "local account" during the setup screens so I hit the skip I'll do it later button. About every 3 days now when she wakes the computer the setup screen for signing into your...
  10. signing into my microsoft account from settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    signing into my microsoft account from settings: hi. a blind it student, and using windows 10 64 bit pro 1607 on a toshiba satellite pro c-50-a and i use a screen reader jaws for windows from Freedom Scientific Home Page. and now i have a local account, no password. auto login, but when i try to then fix my microsoft...