Windows 10: HELP-- Stop Taskbar Popping up.

Discus and support HELP-- Stop Taskbar Popping up. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey Everyone I have a question for some help on something that is annoying me for a very long time. When i have a program open like Teamspeak or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GizmoTGP, Sep 30, 2016.

1. GizmoTGP Win User

HELP-- Stop Taskbar Popping up.

Hey Everyone

I have a question for some help on something that is annoying me for a very long time.
    When i have a program open like Teamspeak or Discord and someone types something on chat
    you get a notification update and your taskbar pops up highlighting the icon with the update.

I would really really like to know how i can disable programs from popping up my taskbar.
    I dont mind having a sound notifications but i really get hate my taskbar popping up all the time.
    I game a lot and in the games i play i have my chats in the bottum and always when i try to click on the chat suddenly my taskbar pops up and i have to open the program first then minimize it again in order to hide the taskbar,
    But before i am then ready to start typing in chat again the darn taskbar pops up again.
    Even getting worse if i am on a busy teamspeak server and my taskbar keeps popping up every 2 seconds.

Is there a way to disable this feature completely ??
    So no programs opened and minimized will be able to pop up the taskbar at all. ??

* I have tried to go into notification settings and turn off the notifications for all programs.. But this does not work.

I very much appreciate the help *Biggrin

Gizmo

:)

GizmoTGP, Sep 30, 2016
  2. stgreg Win User

CORTANA "TASKBAR TIDBITS" NO LONGER WORKS.

Cortana "taskbar Tidbits" function stopped working after Anniversary Upgrade.

Cortana no longer pops up with greetings, reminders... nothing.

All updates are applied.

The App troubleshooter shows nothing is wrong.

Help, please.

stgreg, Sep 30, 2016
  3. Stopping minimized task bar programs from popping up

How do I stop minimized programs that are on my taskbar from popping up while I am working on another program?

Jennifer Jordan (jjordan), Sep 30, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

@GizmoTGP, welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

You could try: Settings/Personalization/Taskbar/'Show badges on taskbar buttons'-Off,

not sure if it keeps the taskbar from popping up, but it's worth a try.

Edwin, Sep 30, 2016
  5. GizmoTGP Win User
    Hey buddy.. yea this will activate the taskbar still.. As for as i know there is no conventional methods to completely shut this down.. But i bet there is a way to change this some were in the windows files itself on the C Drive. I just don't know who and i cant find any info on the web.

Ill just keep searching cause i really wanna have this bar be gone for once haha.
    If someone might know please inform me i would really love to know.

And thanks for the welcome buddy.. Much Appreciated *Biggrin

GizmoTGP, Sep 30, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    Only other thing I can suggest is turning off notifications on certain programs, or,
    if you want to get drastic, you could Ctrl+Shift+Right Click on the Taskbar and 'Exit Explorer', as long as the games/apps will continue running with Explorer shut down!

HELP-- Stop Taskbar Popping up. [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 30, 2016
  7. GizmoTGP Win User
    True i could do that but then i wouldnt be able to navigate through the pc anymore other then the stuff i have open at that right moment and i would need a restart of the pc to enable it again [ if Task Manager fails to open ].
    I have game server running on my pc so it not an option for me to try out, i don't think those gamers would like me to restart the servers constantly *Wink

But it could be a quick solution.. But ill keep searching for a permanent one *Biggrin
    Thanks for the advice

GizmoTGP, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. HELP-- Stop Taskbar Popping up. - Similar Threads - HELP Stop Taskbar

2. Taskbar not popping up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not popping up.: Hi, in the last few days I have this really irritating problem where; my taskbar will not pop-up. I'm using the feature where the task bar hides when there is no cursor on it. I tried the restart file explorer method, that doesn't seem to work though. Full restarts do help...
  3. Taskbar not popping up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not popping up.: Hi, in the last few days I have this really irritating problem where; my taskbar will not pop-up. I'm using the feature where the task bar hides when there is no cursor on it. I tried the restart file explorer method, that doesn't seem to work though. Full restarts do help...
  4. Taskbar not popping up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. taskbar pop up disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar pop up disabled: hello , i would like to ask help for my taskbar being locked , when i hover over an already opened app , it is not showing any pop op to take a peek into the app, i faced this issue recently and dont know what to do , please help...
  6. Stop orange taskbar pop up? (Taskbar is on auto hide but pops on when programs have alerts)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop orange taskbar pop up? (Taskbar is on auto hide but pops on when programs have alerts): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Redrex003 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fra877/stop_orange_taskbar_pop_up_taskbar_is_on_auto/
  7. Stop pop ups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop pop ups: I am plagued with pop ups in chrome. I have tried to stop them through internet properties but they still come. Any help would be appreciated. Thenks Steve Jones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-pop-ups/c050d9fa-43b4-4324-a588-35a20023f846
  8. Taskbar popping up in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar popping up in games: This is difficult to explain but when I play any windows store game open, my taskbar pops up when my mouse cursor is at the bottom of the screen. Hiding the taskbar doesn't work. Restarting windows explorer doesn't work. Games like Forza Horizon 4 and Halo Wars 2 have this...
  9. Stop hidden taskbar popping up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop hidden taskbar popping up.: Hi All, I want to stop apps "Flashing" / notifiying me and making the taskbar auto popup. This gets very annoying and i would much rather go to the taskbar when I want not when it thinks I want to. Thanks 48612
  10. Taskbar popping up for no reason

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar popping up for no reason: I'm new to windows 10 and having the problem with the taskbar popping up randomly. I've read other threads and found no solution and my issue might be a little different. I have the TB set to automatically hide. The TB pops up at random intervals, stays up for maybe a second...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to prevent taskbar from popping up win10

2. how do I stop taskbar from popping up all the time?