Windows 10: Help !, stopping the Ads

Discus and support Help !, stopping the Ads in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, My default browser was and is Google Chrome. Recently the ads attack drives me crazy, cannot concentrate on anything I read. I am busy closing... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Motim, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Motim Win User

Help !, stopping the Ads

Hello,
    My default browser was and is Google Chrome. Recently the ads attack drives me crazy, cannot concentrate on anything I read.
    I am busy closing ads from the right and from the left, from up the page and down, they come like flies. And whats more, the ads are coming as small video clips, even on this site.
    I tried FireFox browser yesterday for half an hour - not even one ad. I cannot change to another browser, I got used to chrome, all my bookmarks, mail, etc. are there.
    So I am asking for help - is there some way how to stop these ads.
    Well, this will be all for now.
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

Win 10 1903 x64 18362.1049

:)

Motim, Sep 7, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Sep 7, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Help !, stopping the Ads

how can I stop those annoying windows 10 ads?

Hi Robert,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Based on your description, you want stop the Windows 10 prompt ads. This is to inform you that service for Windows 7 will end soon. So, I suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 with lots of features. However, if you want to stop the ads prompt try the
    below method and check if it helps.

If you want to cancel the installation and remove the prompt to Update

You can remove the Windows 10 technical preview update by uninstalling the
    KB2990214 from Windows Update.

I would suggest you to refer to the steps below to uninstall KB2990214
    from Windows Update.

• Open the start menu and search for "View installed updates".

• Search for "KB2990214" without the "". You should find an update that was installed today.

• Right click and press "Uninstall".

• Reboot and run Windows update again.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Help !, stopping the Ads

1. Help !, stopping the Ads - Similar Threads - Help stopping Ads

2. Help with adding a computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with adding a computer: I paid about $150 last June to give my teacher access to Microsoft on a laptop for summer training. Now we need it on his PC classroom computer. Can we add it to a second computer or get a discount to add it? Order Number: 7842306336Date purchased: June 18, 2022...
  3. Help with adding a computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with adding a computer: I paid about $150 last June to give my teacher access to Microsoft on a laptop for summer training. Now we need it on his PC classroom computer. Can we add it to a second computer or get a discount to add it? Order Number: 7842306336Date purchased: June 18, 2022...
  4. Stop Ads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Ads: Unwanted Ads come up on the right bottom screen as shown photo $1 - 3.They come up every few minutes sometime.How can i stop them?Photo #3 is an Ad of blocking AdsPhoto #4 is the enlargement of photo #3. Is this software safe and dependable?Photo #1 Photo #2Photo #3PKOTO #4...
  5. Stop Ads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Ads: Unwanted Ads come up on the right bottom screen as shown photo $1 - 3.They come up every few minutes sometime.How can i stop them?Photo #3 is an Ad of blocking AdsPhoto #4 is the enlargement of photo #3. Is this software safe and dependable?Photo #1 Photo #2Photo #3PKOTO #4...
  6. Stop Ads

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Help !, stopping the Ads

in Windows 10 Support
    Help !, stopping the Ads: Hello, My default browser was and is Google Chrome. Recently the ads attack drives me crazy, cannot concentrate on anything I read. I am busy closing ads from the right and from the left, from up the page and down, they come like flies. And whats more, the ads are coming as...
  8. Help- Adding HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help- Adding HDD: I have and existing 128mb sdd. It operates boot and system. i want to add(and have) a 3 tb hdd and copy the information on the ssd on to it BUT i want to keep the ssd being the boot and system drive. I am adding the hdd as back up to the ssd and add games, pics etc to it....
  9. Need help with ads

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need help with ads: My pc started playing ads in the background a couple days ago and as hard as I try it doesn't help. I can see in task managers its playing at the location Ness, but anytime I remove it starts to come back over and over again. I have an Asus G11 by the way and I need help....
  10. stopping ad choices

in Windows 10 Customization
    stopping ad choices: how do I stop ad choices on my windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stopping-ad-choices/76e21f4f-9d85-4062-abcc-4dc36447cf7d