Windows 10: Help, stuck at startup settings with broken Laptop screen

Discus and support Help, stuck at startup settings with broken Laptop screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I had problem with Windows update so I folowed steps how to get rid of them. One of them was to start in startup settings. I didnt think of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by oO., Jan 30, 2019.

1. OO.
    oO. Win User

Help, stuck at startup settings with broken Laptop screen

Hi

I had problem with Windows update so I folowed steps how to get rid of them. One of them was to start in startup settings.

I didnt think of my external display (Samsung) wouldnt work while am in startup settings.

My Laptop screen is broken so I cant see anything that I am doing. Cant get pass startup screen. Cant get back to windows and start to use my computer as normal with external display.

Is there any way to get around this ? Without able to see whats going on ?

My Laptop

Asus gaming pc

Windows 10 home

Ps first time here so I hope posting it on right place if not sorry just hoping on my problem to be solved

Thx for all kind of helps given

:)

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Zyon Win User
    Laptop with broken screen How much?

By broken screen you mean laptops with detachable screen right? I was like 'Why broken screen when you can get a lot of second hand laptops with screens working for possibly same price?'

4. Help, stuck at startup settings with broken Laptop screen

Stuck in startup screen with rotating blue circle

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that you are stuck on the blue screen with rotating circles upon startup.

If the above is true, I suggest that you perform Power Drain and check. To do so follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

If the above did not help, I suggest that you perform Startup Repair using Windows Media Creation Tool and check.

Download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Startup Repair.

Refer to the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool
    " in the above article for creating the tool).

Once you have the installation media, follow the steps:

• Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message,
      you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.
    • Click, Advanced Options and then click on 'Startup Repair'.
    • After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Help, stuck at startup settings with broken Laptop screen

1. Help, stuck at startup settings with broken Laptop screen - Similar Threads - Help stuck startup

2. Laptop stuck on black screen on startup for 3 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck on black screen on startup for 3 minutes: I bought a Lenovo Legion y540 laptop and it had only nvidia gpu, no intagrated graphics card. I was using the laptop very well, but yesterday when I opened my laptop I saw that uhd 630 intagrated graphics card installed by its own. I didn't care first times, but I restarted...
  3. Laptop stuck on black screen on startup for 3 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck on black screen on startup for 3 minutes: I bought a Lenovo Legion y540 laptop and it had only nvidia gpu, no intagrated graphics card. I was using the laptop very well, but yesterday when I opened my laptop I saw that uhd 630 intagrated graphics card installed by its own. I didn't care first times, but I restarted...
  4. Laptop stuck on black screen on startup for 3 minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 toshiba laptop can't boot into the os - stuck on startup settings screen...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 toshiba laptop can't boot into the os - stuck on startup settings screen...: The laptop was stuck in an automatic repair loop and I tried fixing it by watching tutorials. I did this one https://youtu.be/sOihh4ZNOf4 and when I restarted, the recovery screen came up that said "Your PC couldn't start properly Error code: 0xc0000001" and then two options...
  6. Windows 10 toshiba laptop can't boot into the os - stuck on startup settings screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 toshiba laptop can't boot into the os - stuck on startup settings screen...: The laptop was stuck in an automatic repair loop and I tried fixing it by watching tutorials. I did this one https://youtu.be/sOihh4ZNOf4 and when I restarted, the recovery screen came up that said "Your PC couldn't start properly Error code: 0xc0000001" and then two options...
  7. Windows 10 toshiba laptop can't boot into the os - stuck on startup settings screen...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Stuck on startup screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on startup screen: This has been happening for 2 days now and I don't know what to do, it's stuck on the start up screen and won't get past it, I've tried resetting the laptop but it won't let me, says there is some error, it won't load any of my restore points, I've tried to repair corrupted...
  9. Stuck in startup repair HELP

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in startup repair HELP: so today i did the nvidia firmware update thing posted of the forum for display driver, i restarted pc after and got starting repair, i never seen that ever, it just was stuck in that loop, i shut system down , and rebooted and it loads fine, no startup repair at all, but now...
  10. Stuck on Startup Settings screen???

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on Startup Settings screen???: I'm having issues with my computer at the moment. When I try to enter Safe Mode, the screen I'm supposed to use for that doesn't respond. The only thing I can do from that is turn the computer off immediately via power button. This is on top of the freeze-on-desktop issue I'm...