Windows 10: Help - stupid mistake: I removed sole user from administrators group

Discus and support Help - stupid mistake: I removed sole user from administrators group in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Good Morning everyone. Looking to see if someone can help me fix a stupid mistake that I recently did. I was trying to create an admin user and assign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CantCloseReddit24, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Help - stupid mistake: I removed sole user from administrators group

Good Morning everyone. Looking to see if someone can help me fix a stupid mistake that I recently did. I was trying to create an admin user and assign them to the local administrator group, then remove my main user from the administrator group. I did not end up creating an admin user because I saw the administrator user in the computer management console and figured I could log in with that guy (first mistake), so I set the password for that administrator user. I then proceeded to remove my user from the administrators group. I then tried to log in using that administrator account, but I'm not able to log in as another user (I believe that the computer doesn't recognize the built-in administrator user as another user account that you can login with).

So, now I'm dead in the water, as far as trying to re-add me to the administrators group or reset the computer because I need escalated privileges which I do not have. Every time it asks me for administrator credentials, it only does the Windows Hello face recognition and does not grant me access.

submitted by /u/CantCloseReddit24
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CantCloseReddit24, Feb 24, 2020
  2. IainWatt Win User

adminstrator rights as sole user

Why am I told I do not have administrator rights and thus cannot open desktop downloads, move files etc.? I am sole user of this newly bought PC using Windows 10 and Outlook 365. Please can you give me a step by step idiot's guide to solving this silly
    problem? This is a domestic, single user PC. Thank you.

IainWatt, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Turn off Administrative priviledges period

Hi William,

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you trying to remove the administrative privileges from the user account through which you have logged in?

• Do you have any other user account with administrative privilege?
    If yes, I suggest that you try the steps below and check if it helps:

• Press Windows
      key + R key and type netplwiz, press Enter key.

• Select the user account
      (on which you want to remove the administrative privilege).

• Click on Properties.

• Click on Group Membership tab and
      check on Standard.
    Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Help - stupid mistake: I removed sole user from administrators group

Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Help - stupid mistake: I removed sole user from administrators group 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Help - stupid mistake: I removed sole user from administrators group

1. Help - stupid mistake: I removed sole user from administrators group - Similar Threads - Help stupid mistake

2. Stupid mistake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stupid mistake: Bought my wife a laptop, and when registering it for her, I entered an email address she doesn't have access to. Gmail vrs Hotmail kind of mistake. So unable to get pin emailed to address to fix it to the right one. Cana anyone help?...
  3. Stupid mistake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stupid mistake: Bought my wife a laptop, and when registering it for her, I entered an email address she doesn't have access to. Gmail vrs Hotmail kind of mistake. So unable to get pin emailed to address to fix it to the right one. Cana anyone help?...
  4. User local group Administrator query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User local group Administrator query: Hi Just a question.An EU was created locally in a Windows 10 PC with local admin rights.A command net localgroup Administrators workgroup\EU_username /delete was run remotely by us to remove his admin privileges.His profile worked fine for 6 days after which we see he has...
  5. User local group Administrator query

in Windows 10 Customization
    User local group Administrator query: Hi Just a question.An EU was created locally in a Windows 10 PC with local admin rights.A command net localgroup Administrators workgroup\EU_username /delete was run remotely by us to remove his admin privileges.His profile worked fine for 6 days after which we see he has...
  6. User local group Administrator query

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Really stupid mistake with user profiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Really stupid mistake with user profiles: Made PC like a yr ago and was stupid and put my SSD as C: Drive. Today, realized i had no space left on it so I tried copying my user profile to my 2TB E: drive. After it copied I tried deleting from C: and now everything is messed up. I really don't know what to do if...
  8. I am the sole user and administrator. How to get rid of this nuance?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am the sole user and administrator. How to get rid of this nuance?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/blek_blek [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/frs8sn/i_am_the_sole_user_and_administrator_how_to_get/
  9. How do I make my User Account as the sole administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make my User Account as the sole administrator: My system won't let me install anything, even running as administrator. My account has administrator rights but my system won't let me install anything......
  10. Add or Remove Users from Groups in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Users from Groups in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Users from Groups in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Users from Groups in Windows 10 You can limit the ability of users to perform certain actions by adding or removing the user from being a member of groups. Each group has its own default rights...