Windows 10: HELP! Suddenly all browsers don't start.

Discus and support HELP! Suddenly all browsers don't start. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; One other thing, again, both browsers ran fine (open and close) until 4/27. Running Macrim to restore the C: drive even back to 4/16 I incur the same... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rzn6jw, Apr 27, 2017.

1. rzn6jw Win User

HELP! Suddenly all browsers don't start.

One other thing, again, both browsers ran fine (open and close) until 4/27. Running Macrim to restore the C: drive even back to 4/16 I incur the same errors (restoring a backup to an earlier date where things ran fine should eliminate the problem, don't you think?) So, what's the common thread here?

rzn6jw, Apr 29, 2017
  2. torre Win User

Is there a reason not to update or do a clean install with the latest Creator Update ?

torre, Apr 29, 2017
  3. If you restore back to 4/16 then I would think it would work. So if not windows, what?

When you restored using Macrium is your machine off the network. I ask since everything is basically set to auto update. You don't want that.

If you boot in safe made with networking and start Firefox do you get same result? (or a clean boot)

So if you look at what is common, just to rule things out, what is common between 4/27 machine and 4/16. There is overall hardware and BIOS, network (router, modem, NIC, Cable), your other storage drives and of course a Virus.

Have you made any hardware mods in last week including BIOS changes. Did you reset modem / router (power down, wait, power on)?

I would also shutdown machine, un-plug from wall, press power button 30 secs and restart.

Have you uninstalled all AV's. Think you said you also had Norton.

Now going the other way, might be an idea to get something like Hitman Pro, install and run it in Safe Mode. You said you downloaded and installed firefox 64, it worked okay, you shut it down and it wouldn't work.

With all the things you maybe trying please ensure you have your data securely backed up, off device.

Torre's idea could be the quickest. If you do I would clean install without storage connected and I would remove all existing partitions from C: making it a true Clean install.

Would really be interested if Safe or Clean produce different results.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 29, 2017
  4. rzn6jw Win User

OK, might want to upgrade to CU. Do not have that option in Update yet. How do I go about it without waiting for Update to get it automatically?

rzn6jw, Apr 30, 2017
  5. Go to Microsoft's Media Creator Tool, download tool, run tool, create USB key. Insert, navigate to setup and double click.

I would create a Image with a tool like Macrium Reflect so I had a firm way back. I also back up my data before OS updates.

Basically you are following this tutorial.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 1, 2017
  6. I think the problem is with MWB not playing nicely. I just recently reinstalled my OS because firefox kept crashing constantly (same with Chrome). Everything went fine and i was browsing with FF no problem. Then i go to install the latest MWB and BANG!!!! it constantly starts crashing. Uninstall MBW and the problem has gone. Hopefully a fix is around the corner. FYI my AV is SOPHOS

connormmii, May 2, 2017
  7. elbmek Win User
    my prob with FF was that it never shut down!! I would close it, do something else, then come back to look for something and would get a message telling FF was not shut down. I had to sign off sign on, to clear it. Now on Opera, currently it wont open sites but was fine 10 mins ago? Weird! But they open in IE?

solved for me: this is set in opera:

On startup

Open the start page
    Continue where I left off
    Open a specific page or set of pages Set pages

Loading of background tabs is delayed because Opera Turbo is enabled.

I must have hit a button?

elbmek, May 2, 2017
  8. Sdjam33 Win User

I'm curious, what if you would have ping from command prompt any webpage. Would servers represent respond?

Sdjam33, May 2, 2017
  9. rzn6jw Win User
    OK, sorry for getting back late but I have been reconfiguring things after I installed Win 10 CU. Funny thing about this install if that Firefox works now (so far) but IE still doesn't (same errors as above) and NOW Adobe Reader crashes with the same errors as Firefox and IE (even after I uninstalled and reinstalled the product).

I have totally removed MalwareBytes from my system, so that's not interfering with anything. I've had NIS since 2000 so I don't think that it would be causing these random product crashes.

The answer has got to be in those error messages, but what do they point at?

Really puzzling!!!!

(EDIT)

I'm getting error messages in the action center saying "An app caused a problem with the default app setting for .pdf files, so it was reset to Microsoft EDGE".

Now, why would a PDF application revert to EDGE????????

rzn6jw, May 3, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    Because in the absence of a third-party reader, Edge is the default pdf reader - and quite a good one too.

11. elbmek Win User
    well, never knew that!! I just download Adobe Reader 9, its free

elbmek, May 3, 2017
  12. Did you mean 17.009. V9 sounds very old. They are all free. Could just be me.

Caledon Ken, May 3, 2017
  13. Bree New Member

Version 11 and especially version DC are very much 'Cloud focused' and (so I gather) the UI can be annoying if all you want is to read pdfs, as files or in your browser. I use v.10 myself.

14. Cool. I ignore all that cloud stuff, I just wanted the latest software patches. Your posting would confirm my thought 9.0 is older.

Thanks

Caledon Ken, May 3, 2017
  15. elbmek Win User
    r
    probably, I dont look at the numbers just click download or update in Adobe's case.

elbmek, May 3, 2017
Thema:

1. HELP! Suddenly all browsers don't start. - Similar Threads - HELP Suddenly browsers

2. Docx don't attach in all browsers on win10 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docx don't attach in all browsers on win10 laptop: Hi, Since last week, my word documents will not attach in outlook, Edge, Chrome or emclient. Even if I use gmail, it crashes. It's fine with word 2003 so have been saving docs in older formats. It's also fine on the Win 2007 computer which I prefer to keep off the net. Have...
  3. Virus scan failed suddenly started on all browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus scan failed suddenly started on all browsers: Somewhere between Sept 30 and Oct 3, I started receiving the virus scan failed message on both google chrome and microsoft edge.It looks like file fully transfers and then is scanned.Only using microsoft defender as an active antivirus.Windows problem reporting is...
  4. Virus scan failed suddenly started on all browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus scan failed suddenly started on all browsers: Somewhere between Sept 30 and Oct 3, I started receiving the virus scan failed message on both google chrome and microsoft edge.It looks like file fully transfers and then is scanned.Only using microsoft defender as an active antivirus.Windows problem reporting is...
  5. Virus scan failed suddenly started on all browsers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. F11 suddenly stopped working in all browsers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    F11 suddenly stopped working in all browsers: I'm on Windows 10 v 1903. It was working perfectly until the last security update, now the F11 key will not work properly in Firefox or Chrome. In Firefox, it closes the menu gar and address bar, but leaves the tabs and bookmarks toolbar open. In Chrome, it closes the address...
  7. All browsers startup slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All browsers startup slow all of a sudden: Hello, When I first startup any browser ( Chrome, Edge, Firefox) they all take about 23 to 25 seconds to work. (So they will all start but the browser is just white as if it is loading). However, when I open up another window of any of those listed browsers it opens...
  8. All Browsers Crash On Start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Browsers Crash On Start: I just came across a problem where all browsers I try to install except for Microsoft Edge crash when asked to start. I was using Opera and the it stopped working, and after uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, the application would crash on start, with no error...
  9. All browsers suddenly stopped auto login

in Browsers and Email
    All browsers suddenly stopped auto login: Hi all. Over the last few days every single browser that I use has suddenly stopped auto login to all relevant sites. I usually only use Firefox but when this started I tried Chrome and Edge. The problem is the same on all of them so I don't believe this is a browser problem...
  10. Browser Suddenly Starting Loading Blank Pages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser Suddenly Starting Loading Blank Pages: Hi, I've had my computer for around 4 years. I've never seen this problem before. About 3 weeks ago, I started experiencing internet problems on my computer. It started not being able to join Minecraft servers. It gave me an error. But then I could only open Youtube. Then,...