Windows 10: HELP! Suddenly all browsers don't start.

Discus and support HELP! Suddenly all browsers don't start. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; But that's not answering my question: What is preventing these apps from opening when they opened previously. I can download and install them to my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rzn6jw, Apr 27, 2017.

1. rzn6jw Win User

HELP! Suddenly all browsers don't start.

But that's not answering my question: What is preventing these apps from opening when they opened previously. I can download and install them to my hearts desire and they still won't open.

Again, there's got to be something in the only error messages Windows is spitting out as to what is going on.

It's getting ridiculous that I have to install other apps just to get a 'temp' fix for an app that's been running for many, many years with no problem.

Where can I go from here? Can we bump this up higher in the food chain?

rzn6jw, May 3, 2017
  2. elbmek Win User

personal opinion rz, but I think its the windows upgrade. (Anniv or creator or whatever they want to call it) Before this was put in, I had no problems with anything much.

elbmek, May 3, 2017
  3. rzn6jw Win User
    But why all of a sudden? These have worked for 'eons' without any problems?

rzn6jw, May 3, 2017
  4. richc46 Win User

richc46, May 3, 2017
  5. Hey, I thought you were going to install Windows again. Did you do that?

You should not have to re-install apps although you may have to reset the defaults. A clean install of Windows will not install Adobe and I have seen the installation of Adobe not taking control of PDF's.

If you did a clean install and then installed Adobe go to "Apps" in settings. Then default apps along left, then at the bottom of the right panel, set defaults by app. Select Adobe and Windows will assign all possible extensions that could belong to Adobe to Adobe.

Sorry we got off track on an Adobe version discussion. Would be interested if you did a reset, in place upgrade or a clean install to correct your browsers?

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 3, 2017
  6. Its 100% MWB conflicting with something. After uninstalling it i no longer get the "Firefox has crashed" message pop up and can browse until my heart is content with no freezing or crashing or needing to restart the PC.

connormmii, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HELP! Suddenly all browsers don't start. - Similar Threads - HELP Suddenly browsers

2. Docx don't attach in all browsers on win10 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docx don't attach in all browsers on win10 laptop: Hi, Since last week, my word documents will not attach in outlook, Edge, Chrome or emclient. Even if I use gmail, it crashes. It's fine with word 2003 so have been saving docs in older formats. It's also fine on the Win 2007 computer which I prefer to keep off the net. Have...
  3. Virus scan failed suddenly started on all browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus scan failed suddenly started on all browsers: Somewhere between Sept 30 and Oct 3, I started receiving the virus scan failed message on both google chrome and microsoft edge.It looks like file fully transfers and then is scanned.Only using microsoft defender as an active antivirus.Windows problem reporting is...
  4. Virus scan failed suddenly started on all browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus scan failed suddenly started on all browsers: Somewhere between Sept 30 and Oct 3, I started receiving the virus scan failed message on both google chrome and microsoft edge.It looks like file fully transfers and then is scanned.Only using microsoft defender as an active antivirus.Windows problem reporting is...
  5. Virus scan failed suddenly started on all browsers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. F11 suddenly stopped working in all browsers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    F11 suddenly stopped working in all browsers: I'm on Windows 10 v 1903. It was working perfectly until the last security update, now the F11 key will not work properly in Firefox or Chrome. In Firefox, it closes the menu gar and address bar, but leaves the tabs and bookmarks toolbar open. In Chrome, it closes the address...
  7. All browsers startup slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All browsers startup slow all of a sudden: Hello, When I first startup any browser ( Chrome, Edge, Firefox) they all take about 23 to 25 seconds to work. (So they will all start but the browser is just white as if it is loading). However, when I open up another window of any of those listed browsers it opens...
  8. All Browsers Crash On Start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Browsers Crash On Start: I just came across a problem where all browsers I try to install except for Microsoft Edge crash when asked to start. I was using Opera and the it stopped working, and after uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, the application would crash on start, with no error...
  9. All browsers suddenly stopped auto login

in Browsers and Email
    All browsers suddenly stopped auto login: Hi all. Over the last few days every single browser that I use has suddenly stopped auto login to all relevant sites. I usually only use Firefox but when this started I tried Chrome and Edge. The problem is the same on all of them so I don't believe this is a browser problem...
  10. Browser Suddenly Starting Loading Blank Pages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser Suddenly Starting Loading Blank Pages: Hi, I've had my computer for around 4 years. I've never seen this problem before. About 3 weeks ago, I started experiencing internet problems on my computer. It started not being able to join Minecraft servers. It gave me an error. But then I could only open Youtube. Then,...