Windows 10: Help “/ theoretically if I just got a new ssd (Windows 10 OS) would it boot?

Discus and support Help “/ theoretically if I just got a new ssd (Windows 10 OS) would it boot? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dT0ra [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtr4o3/help_theoretically_if_i_just_got_a_new_ssd/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dT0ra, May 30, 2020.

1. /u/dT0ra Win User

Help “/ theoretically if I just got a new ssd (Windows 10 OS) would it boot?

/u/dT0ra, May 30, 2020

2. how to migrate only the OS to a new SSD

hi

i gust got a new SSD

and i want to move my OS and only my OS over to it

so that i can boot from it.

if any one can give me a step by step guide to it that would be grate

some PC info

i have windows 10 64bit

the SSD is 120GB

mrhexeberg, May 30, 2020
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, May 30, 2020
  4. Devils41 Win User

Help with OS Transfer on a new build

Need some help figuring out what I need to do for a fresh build tomorrow. I will be moving off of my old CPU and mobo to a new X99 system. Right now I have my OS on a Sata SSD and want to transfer it onto a new NVME drive.

Some issues:
    • I have a windows 10 upgrade from a RETAIL windows 7 license so I should have migration rights correct?
    • I have 3 other non-OS drives so after I do the install with my old/ current Microsoft account will my fresh install of windows recognise those drives?
    If you guys could shed some light on how to do this or advice please lend a hand. thanks!

Devils41, May 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Help “/ theoretically if I just got a new ssd (Windows 10 OS) would it boot? - Similar Threads - Help “ theoretically

2. I just got a new pc, with Windows 11. I need help with Photos.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just got a new pc, with Windows 11. I need help with Photos.: I just got a new pc, with Windows 11. I have been cropping photos and scans with Photo. Before, it would always crop as I moved my finger on the touchpad. Now, there is a little hesitation before the crop is effected, so I often over-crop or under-crop. Is there any way to...
  3. I just got a new pc, with Windows 11. I need help with Photos.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just got a new pc, with Windows 11. I need help with Photos.: I just got a new pc, with Windows 11. I have been cropping photos and scans with Photo. Before, it would always crop as I moved my finger on the touchpad. Now, there is a little hesitation before the crop is effected, so I often over-crop or under-crop. Is there any way to...
  4. Cant Boot OS on SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Boot OS on SSD: Hi All, I am having trouble, my OS is installed on my HDD. My computer has been extremely slow ever since it was reinstalled onto my HDD from SSD screenshot below. Iam trying to have it copied and moved back to my SSD Patriot Burst. Ive done a copying and moved all the data...
  5. Cant Boot OS on SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant Boot OS on SSD: Hi All, I am having trouble, my OS is installed on my HDD. My computer has been extremely slow ever since it was reinstalled onto my HDD from SSD screenshot below. Iam trying to have it copied and moved back to my SSD Patriot Burst. Ive done a copying and moved all the data...
  6. Cant Boot OS on SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Migrated os to new ssd and it won't boot properly

Migrated os to new ssd and it won't boot properly: I recently got a new m.2 ssd because I previously had windows installed on a hard drive which was rather slow. I didn't want to do a fresh install so I cleared up space and cloned the drive onto the SSD. Now when I try to boot up windows without the old hard drive connected,...
  8. So I've just got a new SSD and a new HDD and I installed Windows on the SSD. As you can...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I've just got a new SSD and a new HDD and I installed Windows on the SSD. As you can...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheLushan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gfwd0x/so_ive_just_got_a_new_ssd_and_a_new_hdd_and_i/
  9. Help I just got a Inaccessible boot error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help I just got a Inaccessible boot error: I booted up my pc and now got this error and I did a start up repair. A system restore so far and no luck :/ submitted by /u/Haloman100 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e78b5a/help_i_just_got_a_inaccessible_boot_error/
  10. Help with booting windows from new SSD

Help with booting windows from new SSD: Dear all, I recently bought a new SSD with the intention to run Windows and other programs from it, because my old HDD became terribly slow. Setting it up turned out to be a little more difficult than expected. There's a lot of information on this topic available but I...